Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    This is why it's easier to just open roll on the item. No confusion. No fuss. Just as random.
    Bet you'd love to spend 30 mins scrolling up your chat to find out who won, only to find that about 10 people rolled 3 times, then you have 5 people who have rolled 100-100.

Raid roll just makes it so much easier. I use the Raidroll addon, but I used to roll 1-5, to determine which group, then 1-5 for which person. Never had anyone complain about that.

I agree with raidrolling on items like crusader or primordial saronites etc... its just that people are too stupid to know what it is. I don't want to waste 5 minutes scrolling through 25 rolls to sort 1 item when it could take 3 seconds.

Deleted
    Make sure you aren't using addons that sort by name/class or whatever if you are planning on doing it though.

30 Minutes to check rolls? 5 Minutes to check rolls? Exaggeration doesn't help your point. It really only takes a few seconds. If you don't want to be bothered with that, then that's fine but it's not an extraordinarily extraneous to simply read a few lines of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Make sure you aren't using addons that sort by name/class or whatever if you are planning on doing it though.
    Why does that matter? 1/25 is still 1/25 no matter how the group was sorted beforehand.

When I'm leader I always explain the concept of raidrolling to the raid. Then I roll and give the item to the winner. I always add that people can /w me their e-mail-address so I can send them a screenshot.

Edit: Hm, Photoshop artists could easily ninja this way

he did win it though. of course he would look at who is 5 in group one even if you are aways 5 in your own group, after all he would have given it to someone else if it had been a 4. it is you that are childish and without a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Why does that matter? 1/25 is still 1/25 no matter how the group was sorted beforehand.
    it matters for the loser on a roll to bitch about pointless things
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Weird, I've never encountered or heard of this raidroll thingy before. Must not be common on my realm?

15+ Year Old Account
    I just post the activity meter and use the numbers from that. At least no one can complain then.