Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    So liek I hurd condoms are not guaranteed to prevent unwanted pregancies nor stds, so why do ppl still use them ? No ideea, deeeeeeeeerp.
    I am totally stealing this to quote people to death with.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jektar View Post
    This made me lol.
    To anyone who says playing for 4-5 years. So was I before I got hacked. Never nay sayed about having an authenticator, but now I do. Out of all the accounts out there not all of them will be attacked yet.

Also if someones been basically having unprotected sex, never got an STD because they've always done "the right things" like get to know the person and not give it out; I guess they shouldn't not have to worry about protected sex because they don't need it because they'll still be ok, right?

*edit* some spelling
    I am sure that nobody, ever, has lied at any point about anything to get someone into bed.

Little Johnny Idiot
    "Do you have an STD? Because I don't believe in any form of protection so I have to make sure."
    Little Suzie Gonorrhea
    "Of course not! And my word if all the proof you need."

But what Johnny didn't know was that she was actually....lying! Now he has The Clap, Rickets and Scurvy.

Deleted

I love you Blizzard...:P

Dear m8
    Holynox hacked me too... I Have to say that she/he is smart..But id he was infront me I would kill him with my hands......

Quote Originally Posted by Daranus View Post
    my friend has been hacked twice, and he has an authenticator on his account. If these people want to , they can always find a way.
    Your friend is a liar. The only way possible to hack an account with an authenticator on it is for the hacker to physically acquire the authenticator thats linked to his account.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeuce View Post
    Your friend is a liar. The only way possible to hack an account with an authenticator on it is for the hacker to physically acquire the authenticator thats linked to his account.
    Not if they put a bit of software on your PC that intercepts the Authenticator Code when you try and use it. They then make WoW respond with a failed code response. They can then access your account as long as they do it right away.

--I don't think its common, but it is possible to hack an authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeuce View Post
    This makes me laugh so hard. An authenticator is by no means uncrackable. All it takes to crack an authenticator is a little math knowledge. I was hacked before and an Authenticator was placed on my account, and my buddy came over to my house got right into my account for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaiga View Post
    This makes me laugh so hard. An authenticator is by no means uncrackable. All it takes to crack an authenticator is a little math knowledge. I was hacked before and an Authenticator was placed on my account, and my buddy came over to my house got right into my account for me.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaiga View Post
    Please stop posting completely and utterly false information.

Not if they put a bit of software on your PC that intercepts the Authenticator Code when you try and use it. They then make WoW respond with a failed code response. They can then access your account as long as they do it right away.

--I don't think its common, but it is possible to hack an authenticator.
    This is true, the only way to get into an account that has an Authenticator attached is to use a Man-in-the-middle attack, which basically intercepts the password between you sending it, and sends a wrong one, and then they use the one they intercepted and are able to log in as long as they do it within the next 15 seconds before the code changes. It's very very uncommon, since they need to actually be waiting for you to log in to the account for them to get their window to log in. It's far more effort considering they can just log into regular accounts they have stolen the login information from at any time they want.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-07-21 at 11:56 AM.

man in the middle interception programs or stealing the authenticator thats about it that i can think of off the top of my head.
    also scurvy is caused by a severe lack of vitamin c.
    Last edited by mordale; 2010-07-21 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Hell yes!! And i also find it extremely stupid that you have to pay extra money for a computer just to play this computer game, they should make that free too. Oh and my isp needs to be payed too, blizzard where are you there?? Damn those cheap bastards!!

But now i am off, have to write an angry letter to my bank. I left my card with pin written on it in a bar and now someone took money of my bank account. I want those cheap bastards to pay me the necessary brain surgery to get half a brain so i do not fall for that again. Its obviously completely their fault. How could i have known not to do that if they don't even pay the surgery. BASTARDS!! EVERYWHERE!!!
    Wow, you're such a fail...
    You buy computer for a LOT of stuff, not just to play WoW. You buy internet for a LOT of stuff, not just to play WoW. You buy and authenticator for a LOT (wait, uh, no...), let me rephrase that. You buy an authenticator to play WoW, that's right. How can you even compare between those?
    Besides, an authenticator is there to protect something you are already paying for...

Quote Originally Posted by ampedd View Post
    Anyone else think that it's extremely stupid to have to pay extra money to not have your progress stolen by some random scammers? They should probably make account security free instead of using those attacking their customers for profiteering. Seems kind of...bastardy >_>
    If the service wasn't free, you couldn't get an app for free from the Itunes store. The cost is what it costs them to MAKE the authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by meroosher View Post
    Wow, you're such a fail...
    You buy computer for a LOT of stuff, not just to play WoW. You buy internet for a LOT of stuff, not just to play WoW. You buy and authenticator for a LOT (wait, uh, no...), let me rephrase that. You buy an authenticator to play WoW, that's right. How can you even compare between those?
    Besides, an authenticator is there to protect something you are already paying for...
    The price is next to nothing, at least in my country it's less than a beer in one of the better bars. I got compromised once and skipping one beer is definitely worth it. The costs for Blizzard to develop and send them out(free shipping) makes the price of 6.50 pretty liveable. Its the community's fault that we need the authenticators, because of our dear fellow players buying so much gold farming didn't net the sellers enough gold to sell for a profit, considering todays price for gold. They were forced to find a new way of earning gold fast, and simply stealing from others turned out to work well.

Now, if people 1) Stopped being so damn lazy and earned their own damn gold and 2) Stopped being retarded when reading their email and suring the web, making account theft an attractible way of getting gold to sell, thus making them innovative in new ways of getting to our accounts, we wouldn't need to spend the money on extra security, but because people ARE lazy and stupid, we need authenticators. Stop blaming Blizz, they do their best to enhance our security and reduce the price of the authenticators as much as possible(pretty sure they go in minus on those, really...), blame gold buyers and stupid people for making account theft attractive. If it wasn't for those you wouldn't have to pay to pay to play.

I got compromised once, for the record. WoW-heroes had a bad ad. Yea, WoW-heroes. Had to use three different spy/malware scanners before I got to the trojan and removed it(malwarebyte's anti-malware did the job). Staying safe on the internet kept me from getting compromised for two and a half years(although that's a bad argument really, they haven't stolen accounts in such a scale for 5 years, you've just been lucky after they really got started on mass theft), but then they got me with one of their more special traps. Bought my authenticator as soon as I got my buy-stuff-online-bank card. No, authenticators aren't 100% safe, but it's the safest you can get. I wouldn't have been compromised. Look here, I made a list of people getting hacked:

Stupidasses - bad internet security and virus programs, hang around at goldselling websites, buys gold, opens weird mails telling them their account is under suspension and getting checked, that they've recieved a beta key and needs to go to this-fake-site.net etc from wow-blizzard-beta-suspension-ramming...tt@hotmail.com. (Not necessarily all, but some). This group gets compromised A LOT.

Clueless - None or weak internet and computer security. Doesn't necessarily intentionally go to bad websites, but won't check if the armory, battle.net or wow-heroes he googled his way to(many very casual players won't know exact links by heart and might google just out of habit) or got in an e-mail has the correct link, thus ending up on eu.woowarmoy.com, accidentally getting a keylogger or putting in his name and password. This group gets compromised pretty often.

Smart peeps - Good internet and computer security, checks their links, doesn't go to bad websites, cleanse their computers from time to time, etc. Often brags about how they don't need authenticators because they know how to be safe, until a more hidden or fancy keylogger gets them, as the goldsellers are in desperate need of a constant flow of gold to sell, and smart people usually have more of this, making them attractive prey. This group rarely gets compromised - but claiming they're as safe as those with an authenticator is a big, fat lie. Ways to get compromised: Bad ads on usually good sites, catching them unaware, attacks with new technology bypassing their computer security, etc.

Authenticator'd - Internet and computer security varies between the stupidasses and the I'm smart-groups. Many would be at high risk, many at low, but the authenticator, stopping all the low and semi-high threats, makes them all VERY RARELY COMPROMISED. Ways to compromise: Direct attack, man-in-the-middle, compromisers needs to log in on the account immediately after the one-time code has been written down.

You're all just a few dollars/pounds/euros/whatever currency eligible away from moving straight to the last group. A pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    The price is next to nothing, at least in my country it's less than a beer in one of the better bars. I got compromised once and skipping one beer is definitely worth it. The costs for Blizzard to develop and send them out(free shipping) makes the price of 6.50 pretty liveable. Its the community's fault that we need the authenticators, because of our dear fellow players buying so much gold farming didn't net the sellers enough gold to sell for a profit, considering todays price for gold. They were forced to find a new way of earning gold fast, and simply stealing from others turned out to work well.

Now, if people 1) Stopped being so damn lazy and earned their own damn gold and 2) Stopped being retarded when reading their email and suring the web, making account theft an attractible way of getting gold to sell, thus making them innovative in new ways of getting to our accounts, we wouldn't need to spend the money on extra security, but because people ARE lazy and stupid, we need authenticators. Stop blaming Blizz, they do their best to enhance our security and reduce the price of the authenticators as much as possible(pretty sure they go in minus on those, really...), blame gold buyers and stupid people for making account theft attractive. If it wasn't for those you wouldn't have to pay to pay to play.

I got compromised once, for the record. WoW-heroes had a bad ad. Yea, WoW-heroes. Had to use three different spy/malware scanners before I got to the trojan and removed it(malwarebyte's anti-malware did the job). Staying safe on the internet kept me from getting compromised for two and a half years(although that's a bad argument really, they haven't stolen accounts in such a scale for 5 years, you've just been lucky after they really got started on mass theft), but then they got me with one of their more special traps. Bought my authenticator as soon as I got my buy-stuff-online-bank card. No, authenticators aren't 100% safe, but it's the safest you can get. I wouldn't have been compromised. Look here, I made a list of people getting hacked:

Stupidasses - bad internet security and virus programs, hang around at goldselling websites, buys gold, opens weird mails telling them their account is under suspension and getting checked, that they've recieved a beta key and needs to go to this-fake-site.net etc from wow-blizzard-beta-suspension-ramming...tt@hotmail.com. (Not necessarily all, but some). This group gets compromised A LOT.

Clueless - None or weak internet and computer security. Doesn't necessarily intentionally go to bad websites, but won't check if the armory, battle.net or wow-heroes he googled his way to(many very casual players won't know exact links by heart and might google just out of habit) or got in an e-mail has the correct link, thus ending up on eu.woowarmoy.com, accidentally getting a keylogger or putting in his name and password. This group gets compromised pretty often.

Smart peeps - Good internet and computer security, checks their links, doesn't go to bad websites, cleanse their computers from time to time, etc. Often brags about how they don't need authenticators because they know how to be safe, until a more hidden or fancy keylogger gets them, as the goldsellers are in desperate need of a constant flow of gold to sell, and smart people usually have more of this, making them attractive prey. This group rarely gets compromised - but claiming they're as safe as those with an authenticator is a big, fat lie. Ways to get compromised: Bad ads on usually good sites, catching them unaware, attacks with new technology bypassing their computer security, etc.

Authenticator'd - Internet and computer security varies between the stupidasses and the I'm smart-groups. Many would be at high risk, many at low, but the authenticator, stopping all the low and semi-high threats, makes them all VERY RARELY COMPROMISED. Ways to compromise: Direct attack, man-in-the-middle, compromisers needs to log in on the account immediately after the one-time code has been written down.

You're all just a few dollars/pounds/euros/whatever currency eligible away from moving straight to the last group. A pretty good deal, if you ask me.
    I don't complain about how much it costs. Its more of a principle. I'm paying to play a game and because I don't want to get hacked I need to pay more.