Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not a fan. But setting up a good PuG is alot of boring work. If they succeed I don't mind if they got something reserved.

Progressing with a guild is fun, grinding the same old raids for stupid item and loosing it everytime is boring. Reserving = Getting the item right away and never thinking about it again.

As many of u already said, i dont mind if ppl are reserving an item if i dont need it, but if i do need it ill just join another pug or make my own.

Solution: Don't make items from last-tier PUGable raids best-in-slot in current content.

Ultimately, the raid leader can do what ever they want with loot as long as they clearly state it ahead of time. As far as how reasonable it is to reserve an item I think it really depends on the situation.

Some random guy who is grabbing anyone they can get and then trying to just zerg the encounters with out leading anything doesn't deserve a damm thing to be reserved. On the other hand, if you've got a good core of people from a single guild or who are friends, who are running something like ToC 25 man just for the trinkets, and are doing a good job of selecting people and are pretty much ensuring a quick, full clear, with out really needing any of the other gear, I don't see any problem with them reserving those trinkets and would consider joining that raid.

Which would you rather happen.

Know the loot is reserved and see it drop and go to the player it was reserved for.

or

Think the loot is free-roll just to see it get ninja'd.

Both moves in my opinion are. . . babyish. Couldn't think of a better word. At least one has honesty though.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

So long as it's stated up front, I fail to see a problem with them since those that join are doing so willingly under the stated rules. It's no different than playing a game of Monopoly where the one that sets up the game states that you don't collect $200 after passing Go. Maybe not a popular rule change, but if those that join the game agree to it, then there's no issue.

I -DO- have a problem with reserves going unspoken until said item drops 'Oh, by the way, that DST was on reserve, sorry I failed to mention that'

Yeah.

Having loot on reserve in pugs makes sense.
    The raid leader is either running the raid for emblems, the possibility of getting multiple pieces of gear (a slightly undergeared tank, etc.), or a specific item.
    It is completely reasonable for the RL to say "alright well if Death's Choice drops, it's going to me because I put the group together AND it's the only reason I'm here"
    If you want Death's Choice, don't go on his run. Easy.

If Reserving Loot makes you angry, check out the server Kil'jaeden on alliance side. They do this thing called Random Reserve, and there will be atleast 1 random reserve in EVERY raid.
    Basically the Random Reserve means that the raid leader is ALLOWED to esssentially ninja ANY one drop from the raid and give it to whoever he wants, using up his random reserve.
    The raidleader DOES NOT have to tell you which item(s) s/he has his or her eye on.
    So you could join a group with 1 RR hoping its Bryntroll or the ring off gunship, only to find that the RL saves it for DBW, and it isn't even considered a ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it? Don't join. No further discussion to be had, imo.

If i want a caster trinket why do i care a melee trinket is reserved? Better than the ninja's out there...If I am on an undergeared alt and need more than that one drop from the raid i don't care.

I'm guessing you are on a small pop server that is starting to get larger..welcome to the wow community.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Hey guys, its okay that people are starving in africa or that civilians are dieing in iraq and afghanistan. Its okay because I don't live there, so it doesn't effect me.

Yea, its a long shot of a comparison, but its the EXACT SAME concept.
    except that it's not. Seriously who gives a fuck if the guy next to you in a pug does or does not get a piece of loot. It's a game, it's not a real object, it WILL drop again else you'll get better from an expansion in a few months. You can be a pretty sane person and look at someone not gettng loot and be alright with it.

You're much less sane if you can look at the genocide of an ethnic group, or someone actively starving, and not be affected on some level.

nothing wrong with reserving loot tbh. At least RL is being up front about it. However, you don't have to join it if you don't want to either.

The other issue is simple, by reserving loot, you are most likely hurting your chances of forming a group.

What I would say though, there could be a semi-plausible way of saying that if you don't deserve the loot, you can't roll for it. In other words, if you have someone with a 5.5k gs and you're doing 3k damage, then you can't roll for said item. Especially something like DBW. If you're one of those high gear score toons who can't do crap for damage, then you don't deserve the loot. That would reverse the trend and tell people they have to actually try and not stand around and just auto-attack.

Deleted
    A raid leader can make up just about any rule they like as long as everyone is made aware of it. Funny how the only time when people complain about unsual rules is when loot is involved. Oh well - if the leader gives you a chance to leave before you get saved you really have nothing to complain about.

But loot reserving makes it harder for people who want that item to get a group, that I agree with.

I'd much rather see someone say an item is reserved than ninja the item half way through a raid and leave.

I think for people taking the time and planning to organise a decent 25 man pug (usually for iCC) they can reserve one item if they want to. It's up to other people if they want to join.

Loot reserving is getting out of hand on our server. Often the leader will make a ridiculous amount of reserves, such as a certain hunter form Illidan the other day stating "LFM ICC25. DBW, tier token, and all boe and saronite reserved." myself and 3 other people ridiculed him, but about 20 minutes later, he was in ICC according to /who. Really? People are fine with this? Jesus, people are greedy.

i will rather go on a run with a item reserved then just having it ninja´d.

Cuz that really happens alot nowadays

think about it.

If you're this uptight about silly stuff other people do, would you rather them ninja it without saying anything or clearly announce it?
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vervaine View Post
    Reserving loot in pugs is new common thing to see in trade the past month on my server. It's usually DBW that gets reserved but recently it's been stuff like in Toc25 such as the caster shield or the caster trinket.
    Where would you stand?
    that´s going on since at least february on the server i´m playing. the most popular items being, dbw, dfo,deaths choice and reign of dead. it´s a bit annoying but reserving( or locking how it´s called on my server) an item is better than ninja something ^^

Raidleader makes the rules. Don't join, or join and obey. As a hunter I don't care if a DK-item is reserved. DK's who alrdy have it don't care either. DK's who need the item shouldn't join.

On my server I lead voa25 raids with me as the only hunter. Works perfectly, apart from the qq. Guys, i created this raid. Leave or obey!

This all seems rly, rly obvious to me. Still there's so much crap on tradechat about it.

Like the Gearscore-thing, omg. Addon shows gear value, but not gems, enchants, skills, etc. Why are there discussions about these things?

No, it's not ok. It's not an effort to lead a raid. You do not deserve full rights on an item just because you started the group. Most raid leaders in PUGs are crap anyway.

I would never join a raid where an item is reserved, I would never allow anyone to reserve items in my raids and I would avoid taking these people to anywhere I go in the future.