Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the raid leader says it up front and its only 1 piece of loot then sure I don't have a problem with it.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Deleted
    I say suggest an alternative if you think reserving something you have probably been farming for months from being ninja'd off you is a bad idea.

Leacl
    I dont reserve, i invite people who dont need that item.

Better to make a raid where the reserved item can only be used by the leader, eg:
    [ul][*]Paladin tank needs item, take another druid tank[*]Mage needs wand, take 6 paladin heals and 5 hunters[*]Warrior needs 2H weapon, take no DK tanks and 2 rogues & 2 enh shamans[*]Ret needs TAiaJ? Don't take other rets and laugh if someone else tries to roll on it.[*]Priest wants Niblung (lol), well, no reason you can't have an excess of hunters.
    [/ul]
    tl:dr, bring lotsa hunters.
    Last edited by Purgex; 2010-07-22 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    If i want a caster trinket why do i care a melee trinket is reserved? Better than the ninja's out there...If I am on an undergeared alt and need more than that one drop from the raid i don't care.

I'm guessing you are on a small pop server that is starting to get larger..welcome to the wow community.
    You care because if the melee trinket is reserved, the group is going to tend to have more casters, and thus you will have less chance of winning the caster trinket. Any time an item is reserved, the group comp is going to lean away from that item.

Quote Originally Posted by Furio 1 View Post
    Reserving a piece of loot is fine. If they go through the trouble to start the group, find all the people for the run and lead the raid to downing bosses, they deserve to get more from the run than other people because they put a lot more effort in to it.
    I agree, reserving loot is a fine reward (as long as they don't reserve half the instance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I've seen reserves since the day LK dropped (FoFF out of Sarth) on my server. As others say, just don't join those runs.

Most runs, at this point, don't reserve anything, at least when advertising. I've seen a few, here or there, that might reserve something likes Death's Choice/Reign, but I haven't seen DBW/Whispering Fang Skull reserved.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Hey guys, its okay that people are starving in africa or that civilians are dieing in iraq and afghanistan. Its okay because I don't live there, so it doesn't effect me.

Yea, its a long shot of a comparison, but its the EXACT SAME concept.

First up, wow that is just wrong.

Its more like the guy who makes a fancy cake calling dibs on the cherry at the middle. If you want a cherry too, make your own damn cake

On topic, personally I see no problem with it. Usually when I see this its coming from 251-277 geared people desperate to get one missing item, and if you are organising a raid you don't want to run the risk of losing it again if it even drops. I know I've been after a death's choice for my ret gear for a very long time, but I always miss out to someone else in the pug or pass it off to a guildy that needed it more. If I make a pug I'll definitely reserve it, but usually I can't be bothered dealing with setting one up so I'll just join a group when it pops up.

Try getting on a server where the standard pug rule is RR - random reserve where the raid leader reserves the right to take 1 peice of gear but doesnt tell u beforehand what it will be so they could take something for themselves or guildy or whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Reserved loot is a sign of a fail raid leader. A good portion of the time I see RL get to the boss that drops his loot, see it not drop and bail on the raid, Saurafang being the most popular spot for DBW.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Purgex View Post
    Better to make a raid where the reserved item can only be used by the leader, eg:
    Paladin tank needs item, take another druid tank
    Mage needs wand, take 6 paladin heals and 5 hunters
    Warrior needs 2H weapon, take no DK tanks and 2 rogues & 2 enh shamans
    Ret needs TAiaJ? Don't take other rets and laugh if someone else tries to roll on it.
    Priest wants Niblung (lol), well, no reason you can't have an excess of hunters.

tl:dr, bring lotsa hunters.
    laugh if someone other than a ret rolls on taiaj? It's quite good for enhance/assasination rogues.