How about using proper forum software like Invision?

Why on earth would anybody pick vbulletin over Invision is beyond me. There are absolutely no advantages in vbulletin compared to Invision. Vbulletin's interface is far worse, the search is poor and it looks very messy. Please, lets move onto a real forum system like Invision. Even phpBB is better than vbulletin and thats free. Really cant understand why you wasted money on a vbulletin license, I hope you were sponsored so it was free.

Im not sure if im going to be able to reply in this thread because it pains me to use any website using vbulletin. Please let me know when you come to you senses and move to Invision or even phpBB for that matter.

Sorry you feel this way.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I have just noticed, is that the links in the Recent Posts tab don't direct to links similar to champ.com/class-paladin/etcetc.html

OT: Prefer iPB, but not enough to complain over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

i would say burning board is the best :P but vbulletin is okay too

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the old way the forum was was updated to accommodate more traffic/

I understand that they needed to update the system due to a high volume on the website, but it pains me when people don't really adhere to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

IPB is a poorly coded pile of crap. You'd have to modify it so much to handle a site with more than 10 users you might as well write your own forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I don't come to a forum to goggle about how puuuuur-tay it is. I come here to look at posts/topics that catch my eye, and respond to said post/topic.
    Soooo I don't see how it is that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    I wish the old way the forum was was updated to accommodate more traffic/
    I'm not sure that this is possible. vBulliten is great because of it's customization potential, what we currently see is a shell of the possibilities the forum can have. People would do well to give the developers some time to work, as they have been, and quite diligently, too.

Deleted
    Oh god IPB

/me shudders

15+ Year Old Account
    I used IPB years ago. It was decent, but hardly a platform I'd classify as good. That's when it was free, too. I'd light myself on fire before I paid $150+ for it, though.

Clearly the OP doesn't know WTF he's talking about. vBulletin is probably the most robust and most customizable buletin board software out there. Thousands of mods, plugins and hooks to support them without any messy modification of the original files, an easy to use and versatile template system, enourmous support, and constant updates - all of which the normal end-user doesn't even see.

PhpBB and IBP are ok but they can and never will be as efficient as vBulletin due to their proprietary base code. Instead of bitching and whining why don't you tell people exactly what it is that you don't like about vBulletin and suggest new ideas. My guess is that you're talking about small cosmetic aspects and don't even begin to fathom how large MMO champs DB and bandwith useage is, which phpbb or ipb wouldn't be able to handle as effeciently.