Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post [Bio] Blackriver the Purgatory

Since my name's been changed back by the forum change and I'm not Deathwing anymore, instead I'll be my own character.

Pathos Blackriver is a Forsaken undead night elf assassin who was killed defending Lordaeron from the Scourge sometime between the events of Warcraft III and World of Warcraft. Blackriver was born as Amon Kurokawa on a large island near Quel'thalas, where the Highborne remain the upper class of society and the other night elves live in poverty. When he was born, Amon and his twin brother Ruzan were sold into the service of the Highborne by their parents and eventually found themselves in the Order of the Rising Moon, a secret stealth operations group for the Highborne. While there, they were trained by an extremely powerful assassin, Shinta Hikomora, and taught the Rising Moon Style martial arts technique utilizing near inhuman reflexes and insight. Eventually, seeking better relations with the Alliance, the Highborne sent the Order to assist in battling the Scourge in Lordaeron. The assault was a disaster because the Highborne did not know of the Scourge settlements on the coast of Lordaeron, and many of the Order members were killed, including Amon. Ruzan fled to nearby Gilneas. Shinta survived, but his whereabouts are unknown.

When Amon was raised from the dead by the Scourge, he became the prime leader of the Thuzadin Guard, Kel'Thuzad's personal bodyguard unit. He was forced to kill many people until the Lich King's grasp finally broke free and he managed to escape. Returning to Tirisfal, Amon changed his name from Darnassian to Common, becoming Pathos Blackriver, and enlisted in the Forsaken Shadowstalkers. He quickly shot up the ranks to Captain due to his exceptional training. This is where Blackriver stands as World of Warcraft begins; at the side of the Banshee Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner.

Blackriver is a Rorshach-esque character who notices the moral flaws in all of the people around him and generally views life as corrupt. Because of this, he has a hard time trusting anyone or seeing anyone as a truly good person, and a lot of times he would prefer some people dead rather than alive. Despite this, Blackriver fights to destroy the strongest villains of Azeroth simply to feed his desire for retribution under the guise of protecting the innocent. He has gained the nickname "the Purgatory" among the Shadowstalkers because he either spares people entirely or ruthlessly slaughters them, depending on his opinion of them. Secretly, although Blackriver's life altogether has been none too pleasant, one specific event fuels his never-ending hatred for the wicked, and he hopes someday to get revenge. . .

Edit: He looks like my avatar, because that's a drawing of him. His interests are killing immoral people. Don't be so damned picky.

Edit 2: This character is actually one of the main characters from my own stories, and I figured it would be rather natural for me to RP as him.
    Last edited by darkriver41; 2010-06-14 at 07:03 AM.
    God; I hate you people.

My only problem is that I don't think Night Elves/Highborne have Japanese/Japanese sounding surnames.

Sounds kinda odd to me. =/

The Kurokawa -> Blackriver thing was kinda fun though.

Also, needs more info about his looks and interests.
    ~ ♥ { Face of Death | The Cast } ♥ ~

So you were Deathwing.....I see....I was Articman...

Also, Night Elves didn't help defend Lordaeron....at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

That too... I don't know the lore well enough to challenge it so I thought it was just something I missed... =/

He says he was a Night Elf who defended Lordaeron in WCIII, which never happened. Second, he is making his char very Gmody (Best servant of KT? =O)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Awwww don't poo on his fun good imagination you deserve a cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    He says he was a Night Elf who defended Lordaeron in WCIII, which never happened. Second, he is making his char very Gmody (Best servant of KT? =O)
    Actually that's not what I said at all; reading comprehension for the win. Reread it, it's an event I invented that occured between Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft.

Edit: Oh, and being the head of Kel'Thuzad's bodyguards only means I'm more powerful than Maleki the Pallid. Scary?

And Ellie, the Night Elves are heavily based off of Japan.
    Last edited by darkriver41; 2010-06-14 at 07:06 AM.
    God; I hate you people.

And at the side of Ms. Sylvanas...

Seems a bit too much to me.

Also I don't think you should be inventing lore like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellié View Post
    And at the side of Ms. Sylvanas...

Seems a bit too much to me.

Also I don't think you should be inventing lore like that...
    He's a high-ranking captain of the Shadowstalkers, he doesn't have any real connection to Sylvanas. I was being metaphoric. The only thing I invented is an event that wouldn't even be of any consequence in the current story anyway. The Highborne attempted to better relations with the Alliance during the hiatus between Warcraft III and World of Warcraft but failed, that's all. Don't be so anal.
    Last edited by darkriver41; 2010-06-14 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Shadowstalkers, Deathstalkers, same thing; I wanted to be consistent.
    God; I hate you people.

Please don't be so rude. =/

It was merely my opinion.

Please don't be so rude. =/

It was merely my opinion.
    My opinion is that you are too anal.
    God; I hate you people.

My opinion is that you need to learn some manners.

I know the Night Elves are heavily based off Japan, but I can't think of any that have Japanese names/surnames.

You can name your characters whatever you want, but to me the Japanese names don't fit in the Warcraft universe.

My opinion is that you need to learn some manners.

I know the Night Elves are heavily based off Japan, but I can't think of any that have Japanese names/surnames.

You can name your characters whatever you want, but to me the Japanese names don't fit in the Warcraft universe.
    Well, that's your issue, then, isn't it?

By the way, I'm being much more polite to you than I'd like to be. I don't like you.

Edit: And if you want to fight with me further, PM me, it's got no place here.
    Last edited by darkriver41; 2010-06-14 at 05:14 AM.
    God; I hate you people.

I'm not fighting with you and I don't want to fight with you.

And I'm not sure why you don't like me, seeing as we don't know eachother personally.

There was no need to edit your post multiple times to further express your dislike of me.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and leave this thread since you don't want me here.

Bye bye. ^^

I didn't want to double-post.
    Last edited by darkriver41; 2010-06-14 at 07:04 AM. Reason: I made a run-on sentence. That bothers me.
    God; I hate you people.

He did state he mad it up why is everyone so anal about picking at every little detale

Quote Originally Posted by ragefury View Post
    He did state he mad it up why is everyone so anal about picking at every little detale
    because generally we frown upon making up lore. Personally, I'm completely fine with putting in twists to the lore, to allow your character to be part of something, but making up lore that could possible affect the present, lorewise, is a big no-no. A battle will generally do such. As a writer and actor, I can appreciate the creativity involved in the writing, but as a submod and a roleplayer/lorefreak, I have to say that it should be edited out.

As well, Blackriver, I'd reccomend being more accepting of critisizm. From what I can tell, you are being insulted by good comments concerning your character, and you respond harshly. I can understand where you're coming from, but it's still rude. We generally don't want pugnacious people in these forums.

EDIT: And on names, Ellie's right. I don't see any names which sound Japanese, from major Kaldorian characters. You should try for something as authentic as possible.

EDIT2: Something also bothers me that there's Kaldori near quel'thalas, highborne especially. Does this island even exist? (don't say the one in ghostlands, that was occupied later, by Kaldorian spies, and it isn't large enough to support a village. They would need shipped supplies) if not, I'd think your best bet for your character would be to have him grow up as a regular night elf, and die defending mount hyjal from the scourge, where he was risen. As well, scourge will not make someone into the head of a powerful organization unless that person impressed the scourge leadership as he or she died. Because of a lack of free will, the newly risen person cannot go up in rank either; its like being conscripted into the army with no chance of promotion. The actions of what one did before they died will generally give them a higher rank within the scourge.

example: Alexander Mograine killed thousands of scourge before he died, and when he was risen, he became one of the Four Horsemen, the leaders of the death knights of the (at the time) most powerful necropolis of the scourge. Because he did something impressive, he gained an impressive job. I should also add that no custom character will be as prominent as that. My own character Morzath died, and was risen. The most special treatment to him was that the Lich King taught him necromancy, because he was one who could wield such power. He died killing scourge, but he was a basic soldier, essentially.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2010-06-14 at 10:34 AM. Reason: more info

1. Merely because Night Elf architecture is based off traditional Japanese designs, it also has a measure of ancient Greek (temple of the moon and other such structures), and Darnassian =/= Japanese

2. Head of the Thuzadin Guard, somehow maybe plausible. But at Sylvanas' side after becoming Forsaken? Even though he's only a captain? 3 bit of a 'lorefuck' there ('scuse the French)

3. Night Elves weren't defending Lordaeron at all. When the Night Elves joined the Alliance, a great majority of them stayed on Kalimdor and sent a few emissaries and ambassadors over and stuff like that, I highly doubt a Night Elf assassin would be sent to defend the scourge infested lands of Lordaeron from... scourge.

And if he was risen after the third war, it would be next to impossible to become the head of Kel'thuzads personal bodyguard unit in such a small amount of time before being freed

Quote Originally Posted by Nal View Post
    Night Elves weren't defending Lordaeron at all. When the Night Elves joined the Alliance, a great majority of them stayed on Kalimdor and sent a few emissaries and ambassadors over and stuff like that, I highly doubt a Night Elf assassin would be sent to defend the scourge infested lands of Lordaeron from... scourge.
    I should add; Night Elves only went to Lordaeron for a brief time to stop one of their own from shattering Northrend to bits. Also, rereading your character's bio suggests that night elves lived on that island as well as highborne. No regular kaldori went with the highborne to Quel'Thalas.

Up to now, the only presence I've seen of Night Elves going to the eastern kingdom have been the few that are in Stormwind Park, ambassadors/diplomatics from Darnassus, perhaps some that joined the Argent Dawn (like that druid with the tauren at Light Hope Chapel) and finally, Velinde Starsong, who came over to the Eastern Kingdom in hopes of learning more about the worgen and meeting with Arugal.

I dont think there's any other Night Elf over the kingdoms... unless I missed someone.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!