10+ Year Old Account

Question Installing new MoBo, need to upgrade bios to get it to run?

Hey. Im installing a new Motheboard onto my computer and it wont turn on. I think it has to do with my OS (VISTA 32) not having the right bios downloaded to allow it to boot.
    The motherboard is an Asus M4A79XTD EVo.
    Thanks!

Your BIOS is completely independent of your operating system and it won't matter what operating system you're on. However, if you're using a newer CPU with an older BIOS it may not boot. From the Asus website I found that you would need BIOS version number 0605 for any C3 stepping CPU and version 2003 for any 1055t or 1090t.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

just boot it up barebone

MB, CPU, memory, PSU

if that doesnt work you probably did something stupid like an incompatible CPU or memory

check the specs on it vs whatever CPU your using

10+ Year Old Account
    They are all compatible, makes me think the mobo has something wrong with it... I bought the full waranty so i'll see what they say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you read what None said? What BIOS are you running? What CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakavys View Post
    They are all compatible, makes me think the mobo has something wrong with it... I bought the full waranty so i'll see what they say.
    1) What CPU are you using?
    2) Check beside the DIMM slots for a sticker that says the motherboard revision and BIOS version.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage