Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ok, so watching the new orgrimmar preview, did anyone else notice the Drakonid and Naga outside what used to be the bank? Its quick and is around 37 seconds in. Whats up with that i wonder?

Deleted
    *After reading the interveiw*
    A Worgen district in DARNASSUS!? D:

What the hell were they thinking!?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    Is it just me that notice a naga and a drakonid in the orgrimmar part of the video? prbly just some help npc of some sort under the beta I guess but you never know :>
    No idea what you're talking about. It's just you.

I take that back, I saw them too. It's a black dragonkin and a Naga male.
    There also appears to be some other female at the entrance, elfish in her shape.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2010-06-14 at 12:05 PM.

What this amounts to...is Vanilla WoW 2.0 without the epicness.

"Welcome back to Azeroth champions... here you will..."
    <Player 1 has logged off>

"but.. but... you can fly here now..."
    <Player 12,703 has logged off>

"WAIT! There's 3000 quests! Granted to see 1000 of them you will have to roll a new toon and relevel them..."
    <Player 112,457 has logged off>

"...and another 1000 are quests that WERE for the rockin' Path of the Titans questline and mass converted to "you found a pet rock" and "you found another pet rock" quests"
    <Player 1,498,375 has logged off>

"... and there are LOTZ more raids... in WotLK there was only Naxx with a measily 15 bosses... NOW we have THREE... yes THREE starting raids with a total of... hmmm.. carry the one... <cough>... errrr... 15 bosses"
    <Player 3,456,198 logs off>

<New player logs in>

"In order to thanks you for your continued business.. GoldzR-US is offering a... Hello? Hello? Fuk it...."
    <Player 3,456,199 logs off>

/who

1. You
    2. Seven 12 year olds
    3. Three hardcore achievement hounds
    4. Seventeen Blizzard employees going "Oh Shit"

Deleted
    Ooh, interesting.

@Mear, Liathi
    I see them, and it's strange. Maybe they're ambassadors?

@deloctyte
    Well, the night elves are the ones responsible for bringing Gilneas back into the Alliance. It makes sense to me.

If ever I was more sure of anything.. it is this:

Blizzard, either on their own or with direction frm Activision has implemented the phasing out of WoW. GC's answers were soo omuch bullshit and it's SOOO apparent HE doesn't buy into his own canned responses. He's a puppet now... mouthing the words of corporate.

Shifts to solo and casual playstyles, reduction of new content/mechanics, rehash of old models/zones, cancelling many core changes, sellign of pets/nounts/etc for fast cash... all leads to expectations of decreased participation/subscription.

The good news is that the oNLY reason to allow/plan for WoW to deline in a controlled fashion is that the NEW MMO is fantasy based and will, for the most part, replace WoW.

It will be another 2 years before we see if this holds true..

There will always be the cookie cutter "this combination of gear, talentpoints and glyphs will provide the maximum single target boss dps - and that one the maximum ae dmg" builds.
    Why does Blizzard think they can change that. The only way to make people use glyphs they like if the glyph does not do anything relevant (like a glyph that changes the look of your polymorphed target). If a glyph adds even one point of dmg more than the other, raiders will use that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xavius View Post
    @deloctyte
    Well, the night elves are the ones responsible for bringing Gilneas back into the Alliance. It makes sense to me.
    Ad 1.) It's a whole sea and continent away. An exodus of that size too place roughly fifteen years ago, lorewise, when the HORDE moved. You just can't have people hopping from one place to the next! If anything, a new SW district would've made logical sense. To me, atleast.

Deleted
    Bli$$ seems to miss the point of MMORPG's thease days. WoW is turning into a single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna play Cataclysm!

If you have 100 crit, you reduce that by 50, that then gives you 50 points to put on, say, hit.
    Umm... This is a bit different to how I remember it - assuming we have an item with 100 crit and 0 hit, before they were saying you'd change that to 0 crit and 50 hit (thus lowering the overall value of the item, but customising it to your needs more), now it seems to imply that you'd change it to 50 crit and 50 hit, making the item more valuable without fail.

By more valuable, I mean if I know 50 haste is worth a 1% DPS boost and 50 crit is worth only 0.7% DPS, then I'm switching some crit to haste every time... Not sure how that's going to work - surely even my BiS Tier 14 item is going to be improved by reforging a bit.

I'm also assuming you can only reforge once per item... Other wise it's just an obscene money sink (well, 7 reforges at probably 25g each = 175g, and say 12 items is like 2000g off the bat for a gearset, assuming 2* value for new epics vs current ones, and only one stat needing reforging from 100) to go from 100crit/0haste to 1crit/99haste :S

Jeb

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see anything bad in these changes... you all are just too critical about change. What's even worse is that no one knows how any of these functions were going to play out in the first place, so why are you guys so bummed?

"Oh man, Path of the Titans is so awesome!!!"
    "Why?"
    "Be-be-because it allows me to personalize my characters more!!!"
    "And medium glyphs won't do that how?"
    "Because they don't have a cool name! Path of the Titans sounds way cooler!"
    "Fine... what about Guild Talents being removed..."
    "That sucks! I wanted my guild to be different from everyone else!"
    "Why does that matter? Shouldn't what your guild accomplishes, their name, their colors, and their level be enough of a marker of what they are? Why must your guild have reduced repair bill vs more gold dropped from raid bosses, they're both the same really."
    "But they're different! That's why it matters!"
    "Okay, whatever."

@Saitan If you want to play a single player MMO, go play Lord of the Rings Online, they have 1-man raids, I'm not even kidding either.

Also, about the number of raid bosses, and the raids being released with Cata, there are 4 raids. He said Bastion of Twilight has 5, and 2 others on the first tier have 12 combined. That's 17 bosses if you can't do math. there is still one raid unaccounted for, using my awesome skills of deduction, it's probably a 2nd tier raid with more bosses outside of the 17 in the first tier. I gamble 20-30 raid bosses upon cata launch.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-06-14 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised no druids have commented on the new tree of life form that's been hinted

Quote Originally Posted by Raith View Post
    So even though inscription is going to be highly important in cataclysm they're gonna make it so we can't make money off of it? So why should I keep it as a profession? and how does making them non-consumable make them more interesting? and saying "well there's other ways you can make gold" is not a solution. I fail to see what is wrong with the current system.
    Not what he said. He said there are other solutions to making inscription profitable, not that they don't care if Scribes make money. Maybe they plan to do the off-hand thing again, but keep it going through the whole expansion. Maybe they plan to revamp the Darkmoon card system to make a bit more reliably profitable. There's lots of things that they can do to make Inscription profitable without somehow propping up glyph sales through some artificial means.

I also don't think they mean that they plan to really change the current system; but rather that the current system isn't terribly profitable, but they don't plan to do anything to "fix" it. I read about people making fortunes playing the Auction House with glyphs, but I don't see how. I've been trying to sell the same stacks of glyphs for weeks now. I carefully chose which glyphs to make based on reading the various class forums to find out which glyphs are particularly recommended for various class spec combination, combine with seeing which were selling for good profit. I Carefully monitored my auctions to make sure I didn't get undercut, blah, blah, blah. I've recently gone as far as just listing every glyph I'm trying to sell for 3G just to get rid of them. Doesn't seem to matter.

As far as I can tell, no one buys glyphs. It occurs to me that this makes a lot of sense. The majority of people only need glyphs when they respec. Most people either don't have to, or don't want to be bothered with changing glyphs between fights. So right there you're limiting your demand. Add to that, Inscription is cheap to level and was really profitable early on, so there's lots of Scribes. I think what it comes down to is that the vast majority of people either have a Scribe, or have one in their guild; and since they hardly every need glyphs (and they're often much cheaper to make than buy), they just hit up the Guild Scribe when they need something.

Deleted
    really liking that a load of starter quests are getting an overhaul, with less grindy and more story-based quests with phasing involved. Will make levelling my dwarf shammy that much sweeter.

Deleted
    i like Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I'm surprised no druids have commented on the new tree of life form that's been hinted
    I registered so I could reply to this.

I think its cool we get a new form look but im still annoyed its going to be on CD. Now I cant dance in tree form.

Even still it will just be a re-sized model of something that already exists in-game and has for years.

Personally, I'd rather have a fairly broken path of the titans than no path of the titans. This and the guild talent tree were what I was looking forward to the most in cataclysm. Still looking forward to leveling my goblin mage but its just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    Not what he said. He said there are other solutions to making inscription profitable, not that they don't care if Scribes make money. Maybe they plan to do the off-hand thing again, but keep it going through the whole expansion. Maybe they plan to revamp the Darkmoon card system to make a bit more reliably profitable. There's lots of things that they can do to make Inscription profitable without somehow propping up glyph sales through some artificial means.

I also don't think they mean that they plan to really change the current system; but rather that the current system isn't terribly profitable, but they don't plan to do anything to "fix" it. I read about people making fortunes playing the Auction House with glyphs, but I don't see how. I've been trying to sell the same stacks of glyphs for weeks now. I carefully chose which glyphs to make based on reading the various class forums to find out which glyphs are particularly recommended for various class spec combination, combine with seeing which were selling for good profit. I Carefully monitored my auctions to make sure I didn't get undercut, blah, blah, blah. I've recently gone as far as just listing every glyph I'm trying to sell for 3G just to get rid of them. Doesn't seem to matter.

As far as I can tell, no one buys glyphs. It occurs to me that this makes a lot of sense. The majority of people only need glyphs when they respec. Most people either don't have to, or don't want to be bothered with changing glyphs between fights. So right there you're limiting your demand. Add to that, Inscription is cheap to level and was really profitable early on, so there's lots of Scribes. I think what it comes down to is that the vast majority of people either have a Scribe, or have one in their guild; and since they hardly every need glyphs (and they're often much cheaper to make than buy), they just hit up the Guild Scribe when they need something.
    Sellig gylphs is insanely profitable at the moment, it's all about your competition. You're probably being undercut the instant you post them but if you can control the market (which is very hard work) you can get massive rewards. I can earn 5k gold a day but if I put the same amount of effort in with non-consumable ones i'll get an incredibly small fraction of that and as time goes by it will only decrease. As a result there's no reason to do it and no alternative. Whether you like that system or not is irrelevant really because it's the system that has been given to us and changing it only hurts players who have been dedicated and put in alot of effort towards it. You might think I'm just being greedy but since I'm not raiding at the moment I leave my game running in a window and I am constantly checking it to fight off competitors which is not only stressful but incredibly time consuming. The current system is not great but without telling us how they plan to fix it they'll just burn it into the ground and I would rather have the current system than no system at all.

I forgot path of the titans, and i forgot the guild talents. And i still think that Cataclysm is gonna be the best expansion so far. Yeah...