Prot Warriors and ICC

I have a prot warrior, with gear to do first and second wing of icc, but i was thinking if warriors are good tanks for icc fights. On almost every pug i see and my guild runs, i see (most of time) pallys and dks tanking. Are warriors good for icc?
    With that question I ask: Should i focus on gemming only stamina? And for weapon enchant, what should i do?

Thanks a lot.

ps: My main is dk, but i hate tanking at dk, cause of rune cds. On warrior i always have something to do and a lot of resources.

Warriors are fine for ICC, and in my opinion, the ideal MT.
    We excel at main tanking, with our (arguably) best CD's, on relatively short CD's. Glyphed Shield Wall allows me to use it twice a fight, three times if it is a longer encounter.

I think the reason people rely on Paladin tanks for PUGs is that they are generally a little easier to heal, and have the failsafe of not being able to die every two minutes. They, along with DKs, are also a have a much easier time picking up additional mobs, and tanking more then 4 mobs.

The fact that warriors are seen as the "worst" kind of tank atm is because we have alot lett utilities while having less EH. Paladins have skills such as Hand of Protection, Salvation, Argent Defender and whatnot while druids have innervate/combat res AND the most retarded EH in the game atm. Warriors are fine, but due to the lack of other useful utilities the ideal setup wouldnt containt a warrior tank but a feral druid and a protection paladin. A fury warrior can bring sunders/commanding shout to the raid while sustaining a crapload of dps.

Kinda agree with Kirderf here. Warriors can perform very, very well as tanks in ICC. Nice EH, shields, nice CDs, mobility. But warriors are not really optimal when it comes to raid slots. Sunders are nice, yeah. Even mandatory. So is Command shout, if you have a palret for the Battle shout buff. But one fury/prot warrior can handle this very well on his own. Face it : if you join a raid and see 4 warriors, lets say 2 tanks and 2 dps, you're not very happy because you know they dont bring much, they don't "stack". But if you join a raid and see 4 paladins, or 4 druids, you know it's gonna make the run smoother, easier somehow, because of the unique and desirable tools they bring : blessings, hands, bubbles, battlerez, innervates.

Sidenote : I dont see much DK tanking these days in ICC as far as im concerned mostly warriors and pallies.
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2010-06-15 at 07:37 AM.