Comming back to WoW

Hey guys,

I'm seriously considering coming back to wow after a one year hiatus. Right now my Disc Priest is in mostly T-7.5 and after so long without playing or following news I honestly don't even know where to start. From what I can tell there are some new instances that I can grind for gear but TBH I don't even know if I'm geared for them.

Any advice on quickly getting geared up and into ICC with Naxx gear as a starting point? Also any major changes to the class that is worth knowing, should I consider going shadow? I'm not a fan of going holy.

Heroics heroics heroics. Chain them, use the badges to get full tier 9 armor, then replace any naxx items(213) with the highest ilevel you can get. Some from badges, some from instances, Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection(shudder, oh how I hate that one). Once you have done that and are enchanted you will be ready to at least do the first wing of ICC and start getting those badges for the T10 items and most people have gear from the first four bosses already so you will most likley get your choice of armor/weapons from them.

Hardest part will be getting in without a 5k GS as you can get close with badge gear, but not all the way (May have to pug some TOC 10/25 and always do VOA).

Thanks, so lots of heroics... Guess I should have saw that comming. I'll assume I should just avoid Ulduar all together then. What should I be aiming for as far as SP, Crit and Regen for Disc?

for disc, the prioritization goes Haste->SP->Crit->Spr->mp5

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't avoid Ulduar... it is a really great raid and should be ran at least once for that alone.

Gear wise you can get the coveted 5k gs by running nothing but heroics now, as was mentionged above.
    85 - Strongarm - Orc Hunter
    85 - Belligerence - Tauren Warrior
    85 - Thirdmage - Undead Mage
    85 - Jaedena - Human Mage
    80 - Deepstroke - BE Warlock
    80 - Assmasterson - BE Paladin
    80 - Stoic - Human Warrior
    80 - Abigayle - Gnome Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatz View Post
    for disc, the prioritization goes Haste->SP->Crit->Spr->mp5
    Actually SP->Haste->Crit->Mp/5->Spr

As PW:S gains benefits from SP not haste, and MP/5 grants more MP/5 then spirit.

Thanks alot guys, sorry for the delayed responce but I've been once again engrossed by the game and havent made it back to forums. All the new content is sweet! I left around when Ulduar came out and I'm glad to see so much new content to play around in. The GS thing was a bit tricky to get figured out, espically with multiple scales, but I got the GS addon and it makes as much sense as it probably ever will :-)

Your guys help is much appreciated!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I came back recently and leveled to 80 from 70 and had a 5.2k GS within a week and a half.

Disclaimer* this if for a Disc Build*

Blow some cash on Merlin's robe.
    Get the haste shoulders from Wintergrasp Marks
    Spam heroics and blow Triumph badges on legs and gloves of T9. Then get the Triumph headpiece that isn't set oriented.
    Then badge a Talisman of Resurgence for the Int boost
    Being Disc I picked up a lot of the PvP gear with haste on it because it is good for PvP and PvE.

Heroics are stupid easy as Disc. Just bubble and PoM will do 90% of your work.