Red face Restoration Druid in Cataclysm.

Edit: I found another 'post your spec thread' on page 3 [the dumb search function is down ], but it doesn't really talk about the Balance tree as much, and I kind of want to see what people are thinking. Again, I know all these things aren't set in stone, so everything here is hypothetical and for fun.

I'm going to talk about the uselessness in the Balance tree for Restoration Druids.. Does anyone else get confused after only 10 points in? Of course we can spec into Nature's Grace, but beside the talent name there's a big [TBR] so the likelihood of that talent remaining isn't very great. There is also Nature's Splendor, but again, you will need 15 points already in the Balance tree [in the third tier, this would mean 3 in Nature's Grace (which is being removed) 1 point into Solar Beam (which is useless for Resto PVE, but could be fun) and Celestial focus (which has been redesigned and is no longer useful to Resto Druids)]. So already we have 2 random talents in random, useless places - this given that Nature's Grace remains [in which case if it doesn't it becomes 5 points]. In addition, if the mana-strain in Cataclysm becomes even bigger than anticipated, I wouldn't be surprised if people started specing into Dreamstate - in which case we will have to spend 20 points into the Balance tree and the wasted talent count goes to 6 [9 if Nature's Grace is removed].

Anyways, that's my rant on the current talent locations of the Balance tree that is already 95% complete. So there is still obvious changes that are going to happen... so just calm down. We're just discussing the talents as they stand now.

Moving on, one of the main goals of Cataclysm is to change the redundancy in the Resto. Druid healing 'rotation'. So far I really think they are on the right path putting Wild Growth on a 10 second cooldown. Of course, 8 seconds would have sufficed, but nevertheless I am still looking forward to see how great this will change the way we heal. I'm still not convinced that we won't be casting Rejuv. as much, though. Unless they considerably make it cost more mana> I can see that Rejuv will still account for 40-50% of our healing. Thinking about it now, 50% actually doesn't seem that bad though. I love the idea of Efflorescence. I can easily say that this is my favourite thing in our Restoration tree as of yet. We get extra crit. bonuses to our Regrowth so I can really see this effect being really helpful.

I've never been a big fan of burst-healing cooldowns, but this new ToL idea could actually be fun. The idea of it anyways. I'm just really glad that they changed the effect of the Master Shapeshifting talent to be included while we are in our spellcasting form. In addition, Resto Druids are the only healing class not to receive a baseline improved mana-return spell. However, revitalize has been revamped to return 3% [when specced 3/3] of your mana every time our Regrowth or Lifebloom HOT effect crits - this effect can only happen every 6 seconds.

So here's the current build I would be using if all of these talents were final>
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=QsPnop5Vievbm.9dw.druid
    Last edited by Kyul; 2010-06-14 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typo
    ohi

Given the talent tress don't change (zero percent chance):
    http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0VGcokZZfMctfpfxRAcsVo

I chose Imp Tranq, because it'll be an awesome cooldown for the times when you hit an enrage timer and want to make the battle last another 4-5 seconds.

Ahh I didn't see that. The stupid search function isn't working but I'll delete this post and post there instead
    ohi

Fury of a Stormrage (3 points) - You have a 5/10/15% chance when you cast Nourish or Healing Touch to cause your next Wrath spell to be instant cast and cost no mana. Fury of Stormrage lasts for 8 seconds.

Improved Tree of Life (3 points) - Requires 1 point in Tree of Life - Reduces the cooldown of your Tree of Life by 30/60/90 seconds, and increases your damage done while in Tree of Life by 5/10/15%.

im really not impressed with this WOW a free wrath and 15% increased dmg while in ToL!!! not really what im looking for tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Skumdum View Post
    Fury of a Stormrage (3 points) - You have a 5/10/15% chance when you cast Nourish or Healing Touch to cause your next Wrath spell to be instant cast and cost no mana. Fury of Stormrage lasts for 8 seconds.

Improved Tree of Life (3 points) - Requires 1 point in Tree of Life - Reduces the cooldown of your Tree of Life by 30/60/90 seconds, and increases your damage done while in Tree of Life by 5/10/15%.

im really not impressed with this WOW a free wrath and 15% increased dmg while in ToL!!! not really what im looking for tbh
    People PVP, what? at least Imp ToL reduces the cooldown, which can be good for PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
    Given the talent tress don't change (zero percent chance):
    http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0VGcokZZfMctfpfxRAcsVo

I chose Imp Tranq, because it'll be an awesome cooldown for the times when you hit an enrage timer and want to make the battle last another 4-5 seconds.
    That is actually a really good idea, assuming the boss enrage isn't extremely overwhelming. That being said, we could always put on barkskin at the same time and then we would have even more damage reduction!

Quote Originally Posted by Skumdum View Post

Fury of stormrage is entirely optional, but when you get to the balance tree you are forced to place your talents into useless things to get to Nature's Splendor. I also don't understand what the exact reason of damage while in ToL is supposed to achieve either... but the 90 second reduction to ToL is obviously a must so we will be specing into it no matter what
    ohi

hmm well depend on how long cd ToL has and how good it really is in my opinion...
    what about our aura will that only wrk in ToL and pvpwise our immun poly. gone now im guessing ? and other druid form still have that or ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the beginning balance talents that we will have to take to get to Nat Splendor are kind of, bad. If they change Natures Grace to a full Moonkin talent it will be even worse. But, I'm sure blizz knows we will be specing down into Nat Splendor and wont leave us with a bunch of talents we really don't need.

And the talents for dmg and dmg reduction are for PvP. Druids will finally have dmg talents like every other healing spec which is something we have missed this entire expac.

blizzard have mercy on the resto talent and bless us with might in our time of need... amen maybe praying will help ; ))

Nature Splendor is little son of Improved Barkskin talent