Poll: What do you thing that blizz should do in cata to short the pala number ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In every group you come do you devide the amount of paladins with 3? Considering we have 3 specs.. You can't say omg 3 6 paladins that's just lol... if you have lets say 3 warlocks hunters rogues or anything... cuz its the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Painkiller View Post
    If you want the noobs to stop rolling paladins, you have to make the class less appealing.

There's only one way to do that, you know it, I know, it. Remove bubble and LoH.

Well, not completely, to a lesser extent remove bubble and LoH, make it more of a strategic ability. Too many rets will storm 4-5 people popping bubble, not killing anyone, then complaining said classes are overpowered. Blizzard needs to make those from "god-mode" cds to strategic cds. Take a rogues dismantle against a warrior for example, a smart rogue will time it to negate the warrior at the perfect time (cds lined up, bladestorm, shield wall) and beat them. Bad rogues may waste, or not even use dismantle, get destroyed by the warrior, then complain warriors are overpowered.

The point is they need to change the concept of bubble and LoH. People see it and think "god mode" and "instant full heal" and roll paladin with the idea that they're invincible, then get to 80 still thinking they're captain badass and have no clue what they're even doing. If somehow blizz could turn them into cds that require some thinking before using, I guarantee 80% of the retards will move onto something else, because that's how they see a paladin.
    Rogues beat warriors? What game are you playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews View Post
    I said
    Nerf bat

but also make the class harder to play
    Easiest class in game+race that attracts nubs(Blood elfs)=the horde is not what its supposed to be.
    By easiest class i ment, there is no other class in wow where you can litteraly bind moves to your keyboard and then faceroll to decent dps, no other class can do that.

So either make em harder
    or nerf(remove the ability to bubble hearth or make a mages iceblock the same thing)
    Blizz are reducing Divine shield duration anyway so there wont be any Bubble hearth soon.

I agree with some users saying that Paladins are mostly regarded as OP because of Divine Shield and LoH, but they mostly forget that paladins have those spells, because they would have serious problems of survivability without them. But anyway, Divine Shield and LoH are never as good as ppl think, they have very long CD's, and never provide a "full utility" of the spell, because in most endgame. LoH is usually used as a free heal on raids (not that important if you have a real good raid) you'll just use it as a panic button on some bad tanks/raids you may encounter. In arenas LoH can't be used, and in BG it's like the option you have when your Divine Shield CD is up and you want to survive few more seconds to achieve a task, mostly because if you can nuke a paladin to force him LoH, you can also nuke him after that in few seconds.

LoH is considered OP because of retri using it in duels, it can act as a "2nd life" on 1v1 situations where you are little vulnerable, but that doesn't apply to endgames, where your susceptible to big amounts of damage, vulnerabilities, etc and it's rarelly a matter of 1v1.

Divine Shield, besides being dipelable, it's of little use in endgame PVE, again, just works as panic button in bad groups, or an incoming damage/threath remover, in very rare situations.
    On BG's you can say it's strong, providing immunity for up to 12 secs, but a retri with shield will do laughable damage, and the holy , well, he kind of needs it when he wants to prevent CC/damage nuked/silences&interrupts, because of it's natural vulnerability to those stuff. Also in a BG if you haven't got a warr or priest spamming dispels on the Divine Shield, it's because your group is bad, a paladin with Divine Shield up, is a dying one if it's dispelled.

In arena i would say it works on the same kind of utility as in BG's, but it might be even stronger, except for the fact that most teams you'll face have a warr or a priest, and they'll be strategically forcing you to shield and dispelling it, so most times Divine Shield will work just as a "2nd medallion trinket" or prevent CC's in 2s, or to avoid some fast incoming damage/ burns, for which we lack the tools.I said it and i'll say again, a paladin forced to shield, is most likely a dying one right after shield expires/dispels

Again, this ability shines in duels' situations and really gives us a 2nd life, but just because we can use it to close to it's full potential, your opponent is just one, and with high probability they won't have a dispel, or you can avoid it by using your few CC's and talents that allows it.

Some people also point that we have "little number" of skills as a sign of OPness, but imo it's exactly the opposite, we have less tools to make our job fine.

After all, most people i saw that claimed paladins we're OP, they didn't say the same after rolling one, because they understand that besides having some abilities that can be regarded as OP, paladin's have several vulnerabilities and those OP spells can barelly be used to it's full potential; mostly they behave as a gap filler on some of our weakness.
    But this is something people think just because we aparently have much nice aspects (big heals/dps, plate, some immunities and others).
    For example, warlocks and other classes have OP abilities too, like fears/charms/silences etc with imba dps and a shield.
    But just because of the aspect they wear cloths, people will easily understand why they need those skills, unlike paladin, on which you have really to roll one to understand it's mechanics and the several weaknesses we have, that may not apparent but are real.

In opposition to most classes, paladin is always played "pre-emptively" which means you'll have to make choices before anything happens, and u'll fail if you don't do it exactly that way. We're never on "control" of the situations, since we lack tools to pressure anything but mostly, we are trying to prevent stuff from happening. As for most classes you'll have to learn how to figure CC'S and damage well, good rotations and most likely being active on fights using your CC's and skills at every CD without much worring on the next stage, in Paladin you'll be always looking to prevent them, and believe me, it's not that easy to "read" opponents mind.
    Last edited by Madness20; 2010-06-15 at 12:16 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    OPness
    *giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    *giggle*
    Jealous much??

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have OPness envy!!

Why the amount of paladins will fall in Cataclsym: Goblins can't be paladins, Worgen can't be paladins. Simple
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

I have OPness envy!!
    Alright. We should probably stop now.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? I want to be OP.

I have OPness envy!!
    were very mature on the paluhdin forums! our go to people make Opness jokes.... jealous much?
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

What does it matter what someone plays? Let them enjoy it instead of scaring them away via nerfs or complicating how it is played for the sole purpose of weeding out people as opposed to improving functionality.

Hateful people, man. What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine and what was once yours you shouldn't have anymore because I have mine.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu View Post
    Why the amount of paladins will fall in Cataclsym: Goblins can't be paladins, Worgen can't be paladins. Simple
    This would make sense in some way but you forgot that Tauren are gonna be Paladins so eventually Paladin population would probably increase (On horde anyway)
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Quote Originally Posted by The Painkiller View Post
    If you want the noobs to stop rolling paladins, you have to make the class less appealing.

There's only one way to do that, you know it, I know, it. Remove bubble and LoH.

Well, not completely, to a lesser extent remove bubble and LoH, make it more of a strategic ability. Too many rets will storm 4-5 people popping bubble, not killing anyone, then complaining said classes are overpowered. Blizzard needs to make those from "god-mode" cds to strategic cds. Take a rogues dismantle against a warrior for example, a smart rogue will time it to negate the warrior at the perfect time (cds lined up, bladestorm, shield wall) and beat them. Bad rogues may waste, or not even use dismantle, get destroyed by the warrior, then complain warriors are overpowered.

The point is they need to change the concept of bubble and LoH. People see it and think "god mode" and "instant full heal" and roll paladin with the idea that they're invincible, then get to 80 still thinking they're captain badass and have no clue what they're even doing. If somehow blizz could turn them into cds that require some thinking before using, I guarantee 80% of the retards will move onto something else, because that's how they see a paladin.
    Once a paladin CDs are used they're toast. Other classes have similar abilities. It doesn't matter if Blizz puts any restriction on them because ppl will still use them wrong. You can't use LoH and DS together anyway. There's always going to be ppl that aren't as smart as another. Lower duration of DS is just to appease QQers, rogues can't vanish and wait it out to hearth? Dks have an army to help then, iceblock then blink, feign death and disengage and deterrence,etc. So Blizz should just nerf everything to please QQers.

I'll agree with saying bubble isn't as useful in end game PvE as well. Although, i was doing heroic festergut, the off tank died after taunting off of me while i was at 9 stacks, so I bubbled, canceled aura and taunted and saved the raid. Which was a "WHEW!" moment. haha.

Druids are almost as appealing as paladins, They're fun to play, and they can fill a lot of roles. Its only right to see so many of both on a server. Granted I started playing the game as a ret paladin right after wrath came out and continuously got accused of being a re-roller for the OP-ness only to hit level 80 and be very... very depressed from nerf after nerf.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    were very mature on the paluhdin forums! our go to people make Opness jokes.... jealous much?
    I can be immature, I'm not old like Prentice is. 8D

I can be immature, I'm not old like Prentice is. 8D
    Quit busting my balls!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of god make Ret harder to play.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merander View Post
    This would make sense in some way but you forgot that Tauren are gonna be Paladins so eventually Paladin population would probably increase (On horde anyway)
    This and the quote this was in response to are not totally accurate. Just because Worgen and Goblin can't be pallies doesnt mean the current number of paladins will change. The percentage might change, but the number might not. But like the person I quoted said, Taurens will be able to be paladins, so it seems likely that that could spike the number and percentage of paladins on horde and overall, but that is misleading too. People may just race change to Tauren, or faction/race change.

The bottom line is that we won't truly know the correct amount or percentage of paladins til we see the data after a month or so of Cata. The numbers should settle by then. I would suspect the number of pallies to go up because of the Taurens, but the percentage of paladins to go down because of the 2 new races. That doesn't mean that paladins still wont be one of the higher percentages of classes played, just slightly less than current.

This is of course based on no information other than the fact that adding one race to one class is not as likely to be equal to(much less be more than) 2 new races being able to roll several different classes that does not include Pallies. Just my prediction.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.