Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Fraps or live stream

On Wednesday I am having a new internet connection installed and I should have the sufficient bandwidth to support a live stream of our 25man raids (should anyone even be interested). Assuming that we can actually raid, any feeds will likely be airing on the 22nd of June.

Please understand that I know absolutely nothing about video editing and any Fraps of our fights that I upload would be pretty boring. Which would be the preferred method for those interested in viewing our raid/LK encounter?

Don't take this post as being cocky. I am only putting this out there because someone suggested/requested it. If there is no real interest in this, I won't even bother with it.

EDIT: So we cleared ICC25 tonight and I was able to capture the entire LK fight. The raw media files look pretty damn good. Now I just need to learn how to edit them. I'll do what I can and as quickly as possible. We're clearing Ulduar tomorrow night and then we should be done for the week. That'll give me plenty of time to bang my head against the wall on this video.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-06-24 at 04:01 AM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Did someone say Fap??

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out xfire. Its live broadcast is pretty good and works without much set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    And recorders available that don't cost 25 USD? >.>

Xfire offers a free live-stream tool, that works with minimum setting up. Go to their website, make an account and log in.

• Follow steps 1-3.
    • ?????
    • PROFIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmode View Post
    Check out xfire. Its live broadcast is pretty good and works without much set up.
    That is the stream that my guildmate has been using. Mind you, he's a resto druid and that really wouldn't satisfy the "Ret PoV" request. I would have to run my own.

I guess my point is: Are people actually willing to sit there and watch a video stream during the hours that they could be raiding? If I hosted the stream then it would be over and done with when the raid ended. If I posted this on youtube, I would have to deal with all of the backlash from douchebags leaving comments.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    That is the stream that my guildmate has been using. Mind you, he's a resto druid and that really wouldn't satisfy the "Ret PoV" request. I would have to run my own.

I guess my point is: Are people actually willing to sit there and watch a video stream during the hours that they could be raiding? If I hosted the stream then it would be over and done with when the raid ended. If I posted this on youtube, I would have to deal with all of the backlash from douchebags leaving comments.
    Thats why I said "recorder". I'd rather cut out specific fights and/or edit the video with music and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Thats why I said "recorder". I'd rather cut out specific fights and/or edit the video with music and whatnot.
    I don't think we're on the same page. What are you referring to as a "recorder"? The Fraps software itself is free. What are you getting at? Again, I know diddly squat about video recording/editing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's free if you want to record 10 second clips.

If you stream video, people can comment live!

I would watch the heroic encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    It's free if you want to record 10 second clips.
    Really?? I tried using it in the past and thought that I was screwing something up because I was only getting these really short fileclips. Are you saying that the benchmarking and screenshotting aspect of this software is all that you can use for free?

EDIT: If that's the case, I wouldn't hold your breath for any videos from me. $37 for you guys might be a bit rich. I don't think I like you guys quite that much.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-06-14 at 07:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really?? I tried using it in the past and thought that I was screwing something up because I was only getting these really short fileclips. Are you saying that the benchmarking and screenshotting aspect of this software is all that you can use for free?

EDIT: If that's the case, I wouldn't hold your breath for any videos from me. $37 for you guys might be a bit rich. I don't think I like you guys quite that much.
    I think that is all that is free. For unlimited recording and all that other fun stuff, I think it is around 40.

Edit: 37!

Some may find paying for software morally correct. *hint hint*

You could probably find a free version in some shady corner of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Some may find paying for software morally correct. *hint hint*
    While I am certainly catching your hint, I have been trying to stay legal recently. Having downloading terabyte after terabyte on my previous machines that were running illegal copies of Windows XP, I have decided to try to keep my activities on the new machine within the confines of the law.

EDIT: This also hovers around the same area of the cost. The cost of $37 or possible cost of piracy both seem a bit high.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-06-14 at 08:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    IMO just do a live stream so I can make level 1s and spam you with penis shaped macros during important parts of fights.

IMO just do a live stream so I can make level 1s and spam you with penis shaped macros during important parts of fights.
    There are addons to prevent that and I use them. Unless you are willing to level up to lvl 20 (I think that's the setting) you'll be getting the addon auto reply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess I better get to work then!

Guess I better get to work then!
    Or I could just be lying my ass off just to get you to play the game. Hmmmmmm.

15+ Year Old Account
    hell mine is at level 59 because of damn death knight gold seller :<
    if they read this : I HATE YOU ALL