Situational lag spikes in WoW

So I have noticed that there are two situations in WoW where I usually get a major lag spike, even tho WoW usually runs quite smoothly for me.

1. When Wintergrasp ends, more precisely just as its ABOUT to end. I get a major spike (second or two) and then hear the win/loss music and so on.

2. When i spread my diseases with pestilence on my dk to a large amount of mobs (10+) get a spike of 1-2 seconds.

I also tend to have a rather choppy fps in Wintergrasp when there's a lot of action going on, when compared to my girlfriends laptop (which is less powerful) seems to run it smoother.

SPECS: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, 2,0GB RAM, Radeon X1950 Pro

I already tested if this happens completely without addons, and it did. So i doubt it's addon related.

Any help would be appreciated.

Interesting that you get that without addons, since I tend to suffer from the same spike at the end of wintergrasp, and had put it down to addons.
    I have not played my dk much so cannot comment on the pestilence lag.

Probably combat log issues when the game is awarding crap at the end of WG to potentially hundreds of players in range, and same for pestilence.

Check out the low FPS sticky on how to turn the combatlog off.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Try to run Repair.exe in you wow catalog to see if you suffer from any broken files. I have had my fair share of broken files from crashes over the years which results in a lot of odd things.

Remember to either Copy your WTF and Interface folder to a safe place before resetting it or uncheck the reset options.

I would go with the copy the folders then reset everything to be on the safe side. This because of caching that can be corrupted in your WTF folder. After the reset, run the game without installing any addons and see if it continues. If it doesn't then copy your addons into the right folder and start the game, and set it up. If you have and advanced UI you can try to salvage stuff from your old WTF folder inorder to get it to work.

Now if you did experience lagissues right after the reset just copy over the Interface and WTF folder again since then they aint the problem.