Thread: Don't Be Fooled

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc View Post
    Don't let them fool you, this will be, at least initially, the most underwhelming expansion to date.
    it.
    Wait you forgot the part about how awesome wrath was...
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree activision will ruin the series, the point is, its well worth $40.

Like I said earlier in another thread: OP, you're really trying hard to not like Cataclysm. Looks like it's working.

You can influence Blizzard's decisions one of two ways. You can not buy Cataclysm, and stop paying for the game. If enough people agree with you and do the same thing, Blizzard will notice. Secondly, you can buy Blizzard/Activision stock. This would give you the ability to have a voice at stockholders meetings (I think).

You could also post your opinion on the Blizzard forums, but at this point I think they've probably decided in general what's going to be in the expansion.

Personally, I am eagerly looking forward to Cataclysm, and will gladly fork over $40 for it.
    Last edited by Speculaas; 2010-06-15 at 03:10 AM.
    Speculaas of <The Forgiven>, Terenas-US

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."
    * - "To Sand We Return", Project 86

Fenixdown, you think that changing damage and health coefficients constitutes 2 bosses? Some dungeons, same boss models. Explain how wrath had 1 heroic mode, I'm not being a dick, but that simply doesnt make sense. Some bosses did, some bosses didn't. It doesn't mean they exist twice.....

Now I think he is just trolling. Nobody can be this naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Please link a quote where blizzard promised anything please. Then your argument holds water.

Maybe you should take your own advice and read the blue posts about what they have planned and why changes were made.
    Holding water because Blizz promised something....? I'm sorry, have you played during any expansion? Blizzard by no means has to stay true to there promises lol

Did they completely renovate EK/Kalimdor whilst adding new zones in BC/WOTLK, more or less making it a new game in terms of scenery?

.. when you find the answer, you'll see why the other numbers are smaller.

Also, to the people missinterpreting my usage of the world "promise." When you pay $150 to go to blizzcon and they say "this is cataclysm, this is whats in it," are we obligated to not believe them? Well, I am now.

okay okay op ill bite

8 5mans at launch so far, yes:
    abyssal maw
    blackrock caverns
    throne of tides
    vortex pinnacle
    halls of origination
    lost city of tol'vir
    grim batol 5man
    deepholm 5man

4 medium-sized raids raids:
    firelands
    skywall
    grim batol
    blackwing descent

not sure how many bosses but assuming 5-6 is the average number then its probably around 20 at launch

/feedtroll
    Last edited by cannibalghoul; 2010-06-15 at 03:18 AM.

Also, to the people missinterpreting my usage of the world "promise." When you pay $150 to go to blizzcon and they say "this is cataclysm, this is whats in it," are we obligated to not believe them? Well, I am now.
    Hey it's like what happens at any video game convention. Ever. You can't be that naive, blizzcon is advertising! They will do a bait and switch, its practically industry standard by now.

I say, he say, I paid $250 bucks and the president kissed my ass.
    Like I said, link. Unless your not serious about changing some points of view, and are simply going on a forum rant.

And when you buy Axe Body Spray, does it come with two hot blondes?

What they showed at Blizzcon was a lot of marketing and a lot the ideas of what they wanted to do with Cataclysm, not a finished product.

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."

I agree with you. Blizz is just milking the franchise for what its worth. My guess is when Starcraft II comes out they will be shifting more and more attention to it than wow. It will get even worse when Diablo III hits stores. My guess is they will put WoW on the back burner and let the lesser developers take the reins, while they focus on Diablo III, and maybe start on the next gen mmo.

They are going to have a lot of competition in the coming months, other MMO developers are senseing WoW's weakness and are soon going to be capitalising on it. Biowear for instance. Star Wars: The Old Republic for onoe is shaping up to be a very interesting MMO. I really think it will go far, very interesting gameplay and story. I for one will be switching.

QQ moar please.

and yes...if you don't want it, don't buy it really is the point
    STFU and quit wow

You guys are using your logic. Your logic doesn't take precidence over what Blizzard, the company making the game, is going to do. I don't care how much faith you have. They said in a bluepost yesterday (mind you we are practically in beta)that the game will release with roughly 12 bosses. Exactly what do you think that means....give or take 20 bosses? Cmon guys...listen to what the people making the game are telling you. They have run out of time and what your getting when beta comes out in 3 weeks or so is simply what your getting. Don't be surprised when your stuck with 12 bosses at launch for 4 months.

I'm just going to show you some comparisons.

AT LAUNCH

BC = 10 levels
    Wrath = 10 levels
    Cata = 5
    Your right, but Cata's levels will also be longer

BC = 24 raid bosses (12 kara/4 eye/6 serp cavern/1 mag/1 gruul)
    Wrath = 17 raid bosses (15 naxx/1 sarth/1 maly)
    Cata = 12 ( Blue post just stated that Bastion of Light raid will have 6, and that they plan to have roughly 12 total at launch between Firelands and Skywall, one of these instances will likely contain a single boss.)
    You can't count eye/SSC because it was not accessible for quite some time to the majority of the players, this gave blizz plenty of time to continue to tweak and tune these instances. You can not fully count Naxx either, because all these bosses existed in vanilla and just needed to be re-tuned. So if you want to be technical, Wrath had 2 *new* bosses at launch.

BC = Jewelcrafting
    Wrath = Inscription
    Cata = A profession that we now know as of yesterday will not directly benefit your char in any way; you find lore excerpts and collect rare and logistically useless artifacts. Archeology
    So we're gonna through out reforging? No, its not technically a profession, but it's basically the same. Not to mention, I'd rather have the current professions get more attentions instead of having a new one.

Guild Progression System: watered down, practically drowned as of yesterday, suspect at the very least imo.
    It may not include everything that they orginally planned, but that isn't just because of time. Guild specs where a cool idea, but I'd rather just get all of them instead of having to deal with it... I mean, it would make talent tree's pointless, but if you could... would you take every talent?

Medium Glyphs? Go look at Minor Glyphs again and explain to me again how Medium Glyphs aren't essentially an acute extension of Minor Glyphs. They could have done this in half a patch but they're going to push it as a major feature now, frankly because they've got nothing left to go on.
    Right now some major glyphs should be medium glyphs and some minors should be medium, a minor glyph should be something along the lines of removing reagents for a certain spell.

3000 new quests? Guys, there is a damn good reason they will not tell us how many of those quests begin at level 80. 2000 of those quests are reserved for the countless lower level regions and questlines that they retrofitted to coincide with current lore. I bet you 39.99 that Cata has less quests from 80-85 than Wrath had from 70 - 80. It wouldn't be a wise bet to take.
    You must be pretty ignorant. Do you realize how much work goes in to questing? With all the named mobs, objects, items, and now... phases. Yeah, that many quests is quite a bit of work. Not to mention the redesign of the spellbook and what not.

So what are we gettin for 40 bucks? 2 new races and flying mounts in a marginally reconstructed Azeroth. I appreciate the effort from Blizz, very sneaky, but they can no longer hide that they tried marketing Cata as a quick start raid expansion, and folks, it ain't.

I've played (strolled around) the alpha, it's pretty. The question is: is it pretty enough for you to appreciate it after you kill the only 12 bosses within 2 weeks of launch, waiting 4 - 6 months until Blackwing Decent and War of the Ancients comes out?

Don't let them fool you, this will be, at least initially, the most underwhelming expansion to date.

P.S. No need to reply with "then don't buy it, don't play it." That's not the point and you know it.
    You are getting more than just what you listed for 40 bucks, and you haven't even included content patches... which are part of the expansions, i mean, they could charge you for each major patch. Oh, and the only alpha available to people that wherent invited is the sandboxed version, which is the world only... no npcs, no quests, no raids. So you really can't judge the entire expansion from a LEAKED version of the ALPHA which is essentially nothing but a glorified map viewer.

Edit: Oh, and you said 12 bosses... but none of the other expansions included heroic versions of the same bosses...
    Last edited by axio; 2010-06-15 at 03:20 AM.

it's about as passive as fishing or cooking, doesn't even compare to jc or inscription.
    That would be due to the fact that, like fishing and cooking, Archeology is a Secondary Profession, not a Primary Profession like the 2 you mentioned. Will add lots of fun things you can do to your toon, and help you in a raid setting indirectly..anything but passive. Why didn't you complain about Archeology when it was a 2nd Prof that basically was going to be required of everyone?

alpha's gonna be over in less than three weeks. This game is almost done, you don't realize that.
    You do not realize that Beta comes after alpha, which can last as long as or even longer than alpha.

does it matter how many bg's they add? How many new pvp titles?
    You keep arguing with yourself. Your main point was the lack of content you seem to think there will be, yet you say it doesnt matter how much content they add. Im confused.

Guild Progression System: watered down, practically drowned as of yesterday, suspect at the very least imo.
    The exact same thing is there..except for the fact the talents will come passively, instead of you having to take the 1 second to click on the few talents that would be mandatory for a raiding guild anyway.

You dont even seem to mention new features announced a while back and recently..
    - Tol'Barad
    - Guild Reputation, which has many rewards.
    - A new meaning to phasing.
    - Reworking nearly EVERY zone
    - Will be COMPLETELY revamping many old instances...eg new bosses, new theme, artwork, etc, not just retuning stats...for example Strat, Dire Maul, and more.
    - Improving 3D combat
    - Glyphs not being consumed, with the intention of them being switched per fight etc, along with Medium Glyphs, will add more complexity to game and more specifically boss encounters and PvP.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games...taclysm/page3/

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games...taclysm/page3/
    Last edited by Shullski; 2010-06-15 at 03:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You guys are using your logic. Your logic doesn't take precidence over what Blizzard, the company making the game, is going to do. I don't care how much faith you have. They said in a bluepost yesterday (mind you we are practically in beta)that the game will release with roughly 12 bosses. Exactly what do you think that means....give or take 20 bosses? Cmon guys...listen to what the people making the game are telling you. They have run out of time and what your getting when beta comes out in 3 weeks or so is simply what your getting. Don't be surprised when your stuck with 12 bosses at launch for 4 months.
    Yes you need to use logic as a consumer. You get what you pay for, and as the facts are clearly stated we are not getting what we paid for in previous x-pacs for the price.

I'm not arguing with 12 bosses at launch. I'm fine with that.

At this point, unless thousands of people post on the WoW Forums that they want more bosses at launch, Blizzard is not going to change that number. Really the decision you have to make, lbc, is to buy or not to buy.

Let's all use your logic then! Alpha is almost done, so nothing will change! Beta IS the final release ya know. Offhand comments by a single blizzard employee, that was vague mind you, is law. Don't act like you are much better.

Even if they're 12 bosses, what of it? I'd rather have 12 decent boss battles than 20 DPS races. I mean you are using numbers, but you can't compare, say, Professor Putricide to Attumen. Regardless of opinion on the bosses, you have to say Putricide took alot more time, and had more gimmicks.