Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    @ OP Never post pvp orientated debates on mmo forums. It's filled with pve nerds who love to just shut you down to make themselves feel better.

Anyway...

The warlock's self healing and natural damage reduction through Soul Link is because they ahve no defensive CD. They have teleport, which is simply a blink without the stun removal. The obvious advantage is the range and the fact you can portal out of LoS (Which usually isn't great cos you're then LoS'ing your healer).

The mage's self healing through evocate is fantastic due to their ability to reset the fight, but it has a long CD and is their only method. Their trade-off is heavy defensive CD's with sheilds, wards and of course Ice Block.

Now on to hunters. The reason they don't have any self healing is simply because of the amount of abilities they do have. Can i assume you play MM for 3s and survival for 2s?

Survival has the most CC of any class, without doubt. And it's main advantage is, it's also 3 differnt types. Scatter = physical, wyvern = poison and trap = frost.
    On top of the CC, they have a tonne of defensive CD's. And a reset button with... *forgets name*. The MM talent :P
    That is blizard's reason for not giving hunters another spell.

As for rogues... it' unclear how it will fare, although judging by how hard melle rape rogues if they catch them, it only seems fair.

tldr: Hunters have enough abilities to defend themselves without needing to directly increase their hp with a new spell.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 08:11 AM ----------

And give up on the "My comp is better than yours". Every comp has a hard counter, and frankly when you've got 2v2 beastcleave, all warrior teams, and double melle cleave dps teams, i would say hunter priest requires a lot of skill to get about T1. CC co-ordination and joint burst.

Have you ever played a good warlock/druid, druid/shaman, shaman/DK as hunter/priest..... didn't think so...

*edit* and that was @ Shigenari
    Thx Airianna for sticking to the topic
    Last edited by Kardel; 2010-06-15 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Clearing it up a bit

Everyone saying your pet tanks for you. I leveled a hunter last year and my pet couldn't hold aggro from me at all after about level 20. Hunter leveling is basically kiting.

Tbh spirit bond should have been something like ''You get healed for 5% of damage your pet does and your pet gets healed for 15% damage you do'' in my opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    So...? The hunter will have another getting out of combat move. Also I'm pretty sure the Huntard doesn't need healing everyone is dead before they get 10ft close to said worried/annoyed/complaining Huntard.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Hunter's have Spirit Bond if you spec into BM, also the Warriors 'Enraged Regeneration' is 30%, not 40%.

And the fact that you're asking for one is way too much... Huntards are fine the way they are.

Deleted
    As stated above, this forum is filled with PvE nerds with no idea about PvP. Hunters really could use either self heal or redesigned Deterrence so it works the way ICB does, asi in removes dots. WoW at this state already has:
    4 healing hybrids
    DKs who heal incredibly
    Warriors with... 1 talent that heals you when CCd, another one that heals you for 6% after critical and Enraged Regen...
    and out of 4 dps classes
    locks are almost healers
    mages have Evocation glyph which seems to be bashed by this forum (mentioned PvE nerds) but its mandatory for PvP and that combined with ICB totally removing dots, Invisibility to drop combat and incredible cc and damn long silence is just awesome. Not to mention the shield they have up most if not all of the time. And they have Cold Snap to reset CD on frost abilities.
    Rogues... well they have Blind, Sap for ooc targets, many stuns, disarm and mainly evasion + cloak, also not to forget feint but lately you just disarm the brostorm rather than feint (+evasion). That isnt much and it makes them probably the most targeted class in arena. Probably not anymore because they are getting some form of shield wall and self heal.

Now hunters... No self heal, no way to drop dots so in 1v1 vs say lock or shadow priest you just get dotted up, LoSd and gg. PvP however isnt based on 1v1 nor balanced around it, I know. Hunters have amazing way to kite melees not however as awesome as frost mage. Hunters have non spamable CC (you can trap someone but its on CD unlike say sheep) and Deterrence which is nice but once again, dots so you cant use first aid anyways.

I am very worried that cataclysm will be even more melee friendly than this expansion is. Follow my logic here, HP will increase by quite a lot more than DMG so from hunters point of view I use all my abilities in sort of a rotation, disengage, trap and the target still lives and isnt even in range of my KS (20%-0) thanks to his increased HP... And now there is a hunter getting melee raped with no self heal and everything on CD. Hoping I am wrong.

Not to mention the focus BS, in PvP you really dont have time to chain steady shots for focus, now with mana its sort of fine. I dont see pretty future for hunters, can tell you that :P.

Deleted
    But they cant heal their PET, wich the mobs attack most of the time, if the hunter is not a huntard.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    Hunter's have Spirit Bond if you spec into BM, also the Warriors 'Enraged Regeneration' is 30%, not 40%.

And the fact that you're asking for one is way too much... Huntards are fine the way they are.
    Most of the people here saying "Huntard" prob don't have a 80 hunter, and if you do you prob don't arena much..... Blizzard keeps saying the same thing since BC, Hunters are under represented and need more viability in arenas.... A small on demand heal would't be too far out of the question... 15-20% HoT that can only be casted on ourselves once every 3-5 mins imo, have it only trainable at lvl 80-85 so that low lvl bgs wouldn't get anymore overpopulated with hunters. Let it be able to be dispelled and spell stolen or w/e so people wouldn't QQ so much...
    Last edited by Kardel; 2010-06-15 at 08:50 AM. Reason: wrong quote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    But they cant heal their PET, wich the mobs attack most of the time, if the hunter is not a huntard.
    Please say that's Sarcasm, if not I will slap your face with a herring.
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    its right, at least in PvP.
    Rogue's self heal isnt useable in pvp, its just leveling (pvE) ability. ( prime example )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    its right, at least in PvP.
    Rogue's self heal isnt useable in pvp, its just leveling (pvE) ability. ( prime example )
    But you just said THEY CANT HEAL THE PET, you didnt say in PvP you just said they cant.
    IF I HAD ONE

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

Mage
    I can bet that Frost will be healing tree in Cata
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoob View Post
    Who cares.

Hunter's dont need a self heal. 8)
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    I think he put the t there on accident.

Assuming he responded to the OP he started with "But"

"But they can heal their pet, which the mobs attack most of the time, if the hunter is not a huntard."

Makes sense, they can't heal themselves but they can heal their pet, which the mobs will be attacking more often than the hunter unless the hunter really doesn't know the class "at all".

Hunters don't have one because they don't need one. Just like Warlocks don't have conjure refreshment, they don't need it. If the class developers felt that they needed it, they would add self-heals(of the type you are talking about, non-spirit bond ect.).

Also if you place that much emphasis on a class needing self-heals, you should play a Draenei Hunter with Herbalism(cooldown isn't shared is it?).
    Last edited by Snebbles; 2010-06-15 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Quote Originally Posted by Kardel View Post
    DID YOU NOT FUCKING READ MY ABOVE POST? I know how to deal with that shit I got to to 2k and I dont fucking care about the heal.... I was simply bitching because that dumb mage said we all bitch... god take that stick out of your ass....
    Someone says Hunters all bitch and so you respond by...bitching? What?

...and if you don't care about the heal, why are you still crying about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandytoes View Post
    you got a pet that does everything and a mana aspect for no downtime, you don't need any self heals. Yes locks have pets but no mana aspect for downtime. QQ MOAR
    Every heard of lifetap? I'd say it's comparable to a mana aspect, without being an aspect. Kill a mob, lifetap, kill a mob, life tap. As a Warlock, I never go oom with the combination of lifetap/fel armor.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aciied View Post
    You have a tank to take all the damage for you, and you got mend pet to heal that one. So i would say, yeah, they do have a self heal, if you look at it this way. (goes for leveling atleast)
    then why do locks have heals?
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    I've blown up punk ass dragons before...I'll do it again.

In a raid, you won't want to waste time healing yourself because that's time spent not doing DPS. Let the healer heal you.

In all other situations, you're a really bad hunter if you actually need to heal yourself. You've the most powerful pets in the game, use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Tbh, I'd be willing to trade some burst for some health regen of some kind. In pvp hunters lack anything even remotely resembling longevity. It usually comes down to who bursts the other down first. I'd like to have longer duels that go back and forth, instead I either shut down someone before they can even react or slowly have my health whittled away.

Imo, in this aspect the hunter class is broken. Pretty much any healing spec or prot spec has so much more effective health that they simply need to play defensive and get in a hit here and there to win.(baring Readiness, double silence,chimera) Unless we manage to run away from these situations, chances are we'll die just because we can't outlast them.
    For a similar reason I think rogues have been broken. I don't think they should have to shut people down completely or else die.

Again, I think there should be a trade here, not asking to dominate in all aspects.

I noticed in the latest Woundman movie a situation where a hunter couldn't do anything about the dots on him.
    It was at around 7:30 when their shaman and the other teams priest died. Notbutter said, "oop I'm dead. Kill the hunter. He has deterrence but he's dotted, you should just go to the rogue maybe." *seconds later* "Hunter's dead, What a joke!"
    Last edited by Honkeymagoo; 2010-06-15 at 12:51 PM.

hunter pets are in fact the weakest ones in the game. hp-wise, damage-wise and they don't have a real taunt. You don't even have a powerful heal for them unlike warlocks