Deleted

Battleground behaviour

Ever noticed how every team turns right at the start?
    Warsong gulch:
    As soon as the match starts you turn right to your team's graveyard then stick to the right of the map with only a few people going to the middle at the start.

Arathi Basin:
    You come out of your starting area and your team taks the base to it's right; Horde, GM, Alliance, LM and a few go BS.

Alterac Valley:
    Turn right as soon as you have the option to turn and then stick to the right hand side of the map.

Eye of the Storm:
    Both teams zerg the opponents base that is on the right hand side of their own starting area.

Isle of Conquest:
    Both teams, again, turn right from their starting point; although this can be altered by spamming at the start to go somewhere else, but it's just generally accepted this as the default base for each faction

Strand of the ancients:
    Here both teams start at the same spot and which gate do most teams lean towards? The green gate.
    However it is always blue gate that is the most well defended, guess which side it's on from the defenders point of view.

Anyway, that's just something I noticed on my way to sleep last night after too much PvP and narrowly remembered this morning. <3

In a random group that's usually true but not premades. It's just the general strategy because most random players either don't listen to strategy or don't care to come up with one. It makes bgs incredibly boring to me, playing basically the same game over and over depending on the map. I'm excited for rated bgs. Also, I'm pretty sure you play horde based on your lines.

I don't agree with AB and IoC. We usually split up (more or less) evenly to all three directions. Because if you don't get docks or don't even try to get lumbermill you're already pretty fucked usually.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

For the most part, yeah. Exception is AB; no one ever seems to go GM at the begining.

Well, I go to LM in AB as Horde (= left) but that is mainly because I'm an ele shaman and LM has a nice cliff..
    Apart from that, it seems mostly true.

Ever noticed how in Nagrand Arena, non-zerging teams seem to go to their left pillar when they exist the gates? Or maybe that's just a Cyclone-EU habbit
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

i don't think thats true.

in AB Horde tends to go BS, LM with regularity, and maybe 2 going to mine.

in WSG many tend to run with the flag carrier but other times when good or overgeared pvp's are qued in they will hold middle, or start attacking the ally train running by in the middle.

in EOTS its a crapshoot between a lot going middle flag, few going/holding to both bases....or people stacking right tower, then zerging the ally tower on the right for 3 bases.

in Strands its either/or...

iin Isle the main zerg always goes workshop with regularity. few or a lot can break off to docks. rarely do i see people doing hangar.

I've heard that in like, China or japan people insinctively go left instead. Would be interesting to find some person experienced with that :P
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

From what I've seen in AB, ally usually goes ST > LM > FARM (then lose ST + Farm and fail), or ST > LM + GM.

Never see anyone go BS.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an odd psychological quirk that right-handed people (the majority of the population) tend to turn right upon entering a room.

... but that probably has nothing to do with BGs.

WSG: going right along the map makes the most sense because your GY is on that side, and it minimizes contact with the enemy.

AB: in my battlegroup, horde often goes for farm/BS/LM... which means they're "turning left"

AV: again, position and terrain indicate "going right" makes more sense.

EotS/IoC/SotA: um... no clue. I'll give you these three.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Ever noticed how in Nagrand Arena, non-zerging teams seem to go to their left pillar when they exist the gates? Or maybe that's just a Cyclone-EU habbit
    On the 3 or 4 BGs I've been on (all US ones), almost everyone goes to the left pillar on Nagrand. So it's not an Cyclone-EU thing.

I always go LM and hangar =0 and go on the left side of balindas bunker as horde =0 Your theory fails sorry.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    This is true though =D

Deleted
    Maybe it fails on your Battlegroup but on my battlegroup this happens close to every game. If you check my char's BG stats I have over 2000 games played across them all including both Alliance and Horde.

If you look at battles throughout history people stack the right with the most men and use that branch of their force to strike with.

Realistically, most people are right handed and just tend to go right.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    that wsg map is soooo true ^^
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    I always go LM and hangar =0 and go on the left side of balindas bunker as horde =0 Your theory fails sorry.[COLOR="red"]
    so because it does not apply to you, his theory instantly fails?
    I think something in your brain juist failed.

As a horde elemental shaman, I also go LM in AB.