Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was browsing the official WoW forums and I noticed that one clown who came here trying to defend twinks a month ago raging all over the boards. He's still making fun of people's mains when his is a hybrid warrior who uses a sword/shield and glyphs for talents he doesn't even have. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    PvP is serious business, yo

I read most of the posts in this forum, but forgive me if I'm being redundant here: Twinks still exist and can play against each other in specific battlegroups. There seem to be people who think that twinks don't even play anymore, which is not true. Twinks do now have to play against each other, which essentially filters out all of the noobs, and leaves only people of similar (relatively high) skill levels competing against each other for the challenge and fun of it.

The OP's idea would never work for many reasons, most of which have already been listed. But one of the biggest reasons would be the definition of a twink. I've seen people playing in the current 19 bracket who do not belong there. And I've played on my 36 warrior with heirlooms, enchants, and good gear, leveling in battlegrounds. You could never define a twink. Furthermore, the LAST thing blizzard wants to do is make more work for themselves. Why would they want to spend more time and money sifting through reports of twinks and non-twinks queueing in battlegrounds? The number of reports per day, including false reports because some guy owned me and I'm pissed now, would be absurd.

Twinking is fine as it is. And continent wide battlegroups will solve any current existing complaints about queue times.

Nobody cares about twinks anymore. Deal with it.
    Kabukage 85 Tauren Shaman - Ahn'Qiraj EU
    Gandalug 85 Dwarf Paladin - Emerald Dream EU

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pre Bg XP:
    Do you want to incrase the size of your e-peen? May it be that you fail at PvP at 80?
    Make a twink! Oneshot everyone at your level!

Bg XP:
    Do you want to increase the size of your e-peen? May it be that you fail at PvP at 80?
    Well fuck you! Make a twink and fight other twinks in the zero experience BGs!

I love it!

Twinking has been dead for a while, well most of it. Ruin-US has a pretty active 49 twink population and there are a lot of 60 & 70 twinks running around in AV still.

With all battlegroups being merged in your region, you can expect twinking to be on the rise. Should help with the queues.

I personally don't see twinking rising very much. Since anyone who wasn't born yesterday knows that 99.999999% of them were just out to gib noobs and were utterly bawling when they couldn't anymore. I've seen a large rise in low-level camping which is what i'm sure most of them are doing in place of twinking so they can get their "epic pvp."

Euhm...

Can you get banned for twinking? 0.0?

Can people stop complaining about twinks already. Like some people said others have the option of buying boe stuff and even enchanting certain items because it will help them PvE wise while leveling. I am currently working on my nr 10 alt(warlock - i like alting so move along with ur omg no lifer comments)and its true that having boa gear with enchants gives me an advantage but nothing to major that a skilled player can't handle if he catches me off guard. What people need to understand is PvP isn't centered around 1vs1. If a lvl 30 goes after a lvl 38-39 player on his own ofc he will get roflpwned because stuff hits harder as you level more even if you are decked in full twink gear. If instead lower levels helped with cc and w8ed for a more appropriate level player to kill him it wouldn't suck that much. When was the last time non twinks actually used their brains to fight a target that has an advantage over them. During my bg experiences on my chars i've killed people 5-6 levels higher than me cause of knowing how to play and had the same done to me when i got caught off guard with not that many surv cds up. Also is there even a point to talk about twinks given all the oped gear u can get from running randoms from the bags. People that dont invest time in their chars and want to faceroll while being fails at pvping need 2 stop qqing and l2p. Sure we all get roflstomped by lvl 60 palas in av when we are low lvls but then again when you get closer to their gear and lvl things dont look so hopeless anymore. To put all this wall of text in a nutshell try to play as a team and listen to people who seem like they know what they are doing rather than trying to be the lone wolf and try to kill all just to get roflpwned back into your place. Knowing how to outplay an opponent is more important than having gear and not knowing what to do with it except tunnel vision zerg.
    PS: sry for the wall of text again.

Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    Can people stop complaining about twinks already. Like some people said others have the option of buying boe stuff and even enchanting certain items because it will help them PvE wise while leveling. I am currently working on my nr 10 alt(warlock - i like alting so move along with ur omg no lifer comments)and its true that having boa gear with enchants gives me an advantage but nothing to major that a skilled player can't handle if he catches me off guard. What people need to understand is PvP isn't centered around 1vs1. If a lvl 30 goes after a lvl 38-39 player on his own ofc he will get roflpwned because stuff hits harder as you level more even if you are decked in full twink gear. If instead lower levels helped with cc and w8ed for a more appropriate level player to kill him it wouldn't suck that much. When was the last time non twinks actually used their brains to fight a target that has an advantage over them. During my bg experiences on my chars i've killed people 5-6 levels higher than me cause of knowing how to play and had the same done to me when i got caught off guard with not that many surv cds up. Also is there even a point to talk about twinks given all the oped gear u can get from running randoms from the bags. People that dont invest time in their chars and want to faceroll while being fails at pvping need 2 stop qqing and l2p. Sure we all get roflstomped by lvl 60 palas in av when we are low lvls but then again when you get closer to their gear and lvl things dont look so hopeless anymore. To put all this wall of text in a nutshell try to play as a team and listen to people who seem like they know what they are doing rather than trying to be the lone wolf and try to kill all just to get roflpwned back into your place. Knowing how to outplay an opponent is more important than having gear and not knowing what to do with it except tunnel vision zerg.
    PS: sry for the wall of text again.
    The "ENTER" button is your friend, get acquainted.

It's not about "using our brains" against twinks, because of the severe advantage they have, we stand no chance. We could very well say the same thing to twinks about their mains who struggle with their 700 arena ratings.

Who's to say who knows what in BGs? Just because you have glowing weapons doesn't automatically mean you know your stuff. From what i've seen, most all twinks are dumb. Hearing "HAI GAIZ! LEVIL TWUNNY GOIN FER D4 TUNNIL! GET 'EM!1" isn't going to entice me to listen to your "strategies."

I'm also sure you didn't kill people 5-6 levels higher than you because you "knew what you were doing..." I'm sure it was because you did what most twinks do and see someone who's already engaged in combat, blew a couple CDs to claim the KB then pat yourself on the back for a "job well done."

I'm sorry, broseph. We were born at night, but not last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodeath View Post
    The "ENTER" button is your friend, get acquainted.

It's not about "using our brains" against twinks, because of the severe advantage they have, we stand no chance. We could very well say the same thing to twinks about their mains who struggle with their 700 arena ratings.

Who's to say who knows what in BGs? Just because you have glowing weapons doesn't automatically mean you know your stuff. From what i've seen, most all twinks are dumb. Hearing "HAI GAIZ! LEVIL TWUNNY GOIN FER D4 TUNNIL! GET 'EM!1" isn't going to entice me to listen to your "strategies."

I'm also sure you didn't kill people 5-6 levels higher than you because you "knew what you were doing..." I'm sure it was because you did what most twinks do and see someone who's already engaged in combat, blew a couple CDs to claim the KB then pat yourself on the back for a "job well done."

I'm sorry, broseph. We were born at night, but not last night.
    Yes I know sometimes i tend to miss the enter key and will try to follow your advice from now on.

On the topic on hand, so using silence on a mage casting fireballs or frostbolts basically removing more than 75% of his dmg output, purging his ice barrier so i don't get frozen when i brake it, disarming that rogue that wanted to kidney shot you after u feared him, and I could go on like this forever, all of these things have no impact on your fight with a higher level. According to you no matter what I do I'll always lose.

News flash buddy knowing how to counter a class is part of "knowing how to play your class".

My objective in bgs is never to score hks because those dont offer anything except maybe some honor but rather to complete the bg objectives because they reward far more honor and xp than actually losing that bg cause you were hk hungry. If that means I have to die so the flag carrier caps the flag or that they dont get to take the gold mine bfr we get it then so be it.

As far as tactics go I never just say go and stand there without offering a logical explanation for it and why it would benefit us to do so. Telling lower levels to go defend galv in AV is a solid strat given all they will do at Bellinda is miss miss miss glancing and so on.

And again care to explain where is the severe advantage these days. Sure in 10-19 brackets there might be some major gear discrepancies, but as soon as you move up things are not as bad as you make them out to be due to the easiness in getting gear these days through the lfg tool. If u still using your lvl 5 belt at lvl 25 cause you were to lazy to do a dungeon or complete some worthwhile quest than that is your problem not the twinks fault for taking care of his char.

And as a final note when most of the qqers actually go train their abilities as soon as they get them maybe you won't feel so helpless against those twinks. You would be surprised how many people run around with abilities they should have updated 5-6 levels ago and then like u qq omg they killed me cause they got better gear than me. You won't kill anything if you hit like a wet noodle or heal like one and that is a fact.

Just like the GS threads(don't flame me for bringing that up) Skill > Gear. That's why some people already killed lk ages ago and still are struggling even with 20% and I don't mean HM LK.

On the topic on hand, so using silence on a mage casting fireballs or frostbolts basically removing more than 75% of his dmg output, purging his ice barrier so i don't get frozen when i brake it, disarming that rogue that wanted to kidney shot you after u feared him, and I could go on like this forever, all of these things have no impact on your fight with a higher level. According to you no matter what I do I'll always lose.

News flash buddy knowing how to counter a class is part of "knowing how to play your class".
    It all sounds great and easy on paper. Just like saying "drop a tremor totem when fighting a Warlock." In the heat of action, we don't always think correctly. Some people are not as quick as others.

As far as tactics go I never just say go and stand there without offering a logical explanation for it and why it would benefit us to do so. Telling lower levels to go defend galv in AV is a solid strat given all they will do at Bellinda is miss miss miss glancing and so on.
    Knowing that many young kids play this game, most people (outside premades) are very unlikely to listen to anything you say. People have the "you can't tell me what to do" attitude, no matter how polite you are. People get told not to cap a certain GY or not to zerg a certain node, but they'll do it anyway because it makes them feel like a badass.

And again care to explain where is the severe advantage these days. Sure in 10-19 brackets there might be some major gear discrepancies, but as soon as you move up things are not as bad as you make them out to be due to the easiness in getting gear these days through the lfg tool. If u still using your lvl 5 belt at lvl 25 cause you were to lazy to do a dungeon or complete some worthwhile quest than that is your problem not the twinks fault for taking care of his char.
    It's not just about gear, it's about the end-game enchantments that twinks think they need. Even using the lfg tool, people are not going to get the absolute best gear available. That comment about the "lfg tool" that twinks use is one of their many scapegoats. The best gear for low levels comes from the AH. It's not a real player's fault that a twink brought a gun to a knife fight. You really need to quit pretending like new players and rerolls have to over-gear themselves just because you do. Just because you use a game genie to beat a game, doesn't mean everyone else is stupid for not doing so.

And as a final note when most of the qqers actually go train their abilities as soon as they get them maybe you won't feel so helpless against those twinks. You would be surprised how many people run around with abilities they should have updated 5-6 levels ago and then like u qq omg they killed me cause they got better gear than me. You won't kill anything if you hit like a wet noodle or heal like one and that is a fact.
    I guarantee that this is very very uncommon and probably represents less than 1% of the problem. I've played since this game came out and I think i've ran into someone who didn't have updated spells once.

Just like the GS threads(don't flame me for bringing that up) Skill > Gear. That's why some people already killed lk ages ago and still are struggling even with 20% and I don't mean HM LK.
    PVE =/= PVP. As a wise man once said...

PVE = Playing chess with a computer who does the same moves over and over

PVP = Playing chess

Twinking = Running over people playing chess with a tank

It all sounds great and easy on paper. Just like saying "drop a tremor totem when fighting a Warlock." In the heat of action, we don't always think correctly. Some people are not as quick as others.
    Bads are bads dont try to play the whole heat of action thing.When i was on my shammy i selected grounding totem and tremor bfr even engaging the lock. It's all about the knowhow. If u can't make split second decisions even in pve no one is gonna wait for you to think about your next move.

Knowing that many young kids play this game, most people (outside premades) are very unlikely to listen to anything you say. People have the "you can't tell me what to do" attitude, no matter how polite you are. People get told not to cap a certain GY or not to zerg a certain node, but they'll do it anyway because it makes them feel like a badass.
    Again bads are bads so if someone tells them what they should do to win and they ignore it , not my prb.Just dont come whining when u get owned for trying 2 cap a flag defended by 10 allies.

It's not just about gear, it's about the end-game enchantments that twinks think they need. Even using the lfg tool, people are not going to get the absolute best gear available. That comment about the "lfg tool" that twinks use is one of their many scapegoats. The best gear for low levels comes from the AH. It's not a real player's fault that a twink brought a gun to a knife fight. You really need to quit pretending like new players and rerolls have to over-gear themselves just because you do. Just because you use a game genie to beat a game, doesn't mean everyone else is stupid for not doing so.
    So basically you want to faceroll people in greys and greens. I "overgear" myself for lvling not to roflstomp noobs. To me pvp is just a dif side of the same coin of leveling. If you dont put same effort into your char you shouldn't colect the same benefits i do. Also most enchants you get on your hierlooms are low level stuff vanila things so in no way are they end-game enchants. You can get those later on but so can the rest. From what you are saying a person who has resilience on his gear in a bg should be sent to a dif one to allow the one who cba getting the proper gear from getting one shot cause this is what is usually happening in lvl 80 bgs.

I guarantee that this is very very uncommon and probably represents less than 1% of the problem. I've played since this game came out and I think i've ran into someone who didn't have updated spells once.
    Do you use rankwatch addon or is this just comming out of your all mighty knowledge. Then again maybe you are but then again so am I and i can tell you it never stops wisping people when i enter big bgs such as av. Also having higher lvl spells is a big deal since most of the time in pvp 1% more dmg can make the dif between a kill and a death.

PVE =/= PVP. As a wise man once said...

PVE = Playing chess with a computer who does the same moves over and over

PVP = Playing chess

Twinking = Running over people playing chess with a tank
    I never implied pve=pvp my analogy was people with same gear as some have now downed lk with no buff and people with 20% still can't. As for ur chess analogy pvp or at least good pvp is about forceing your opponents moves and devising a strategy see(Orange Marmalade completly locking the other mage in the mlg final we had earlier this year). A good chess player will know dif strategies and should be able to foresee his opponents moves same way as a with a computer who uses more than one strategy. For instance a lock will try to fear and dot u(1 of many posibilities), u can chose your actions accordingly meaning blind berserker rage, fear ward silence 2 shut down his shadow tree. etc

Anyways skills beat gear.In a fight between same lvl players the more skilled one will win over a less skilled twink.

Bads are bads dont try to play the whole heat of action thing.When i was on my shammy i selected grounding totem and tremor bfr even engaging the lock. It's all about the knowhow. If u can't make split second decisions even in pve no one is gonna wait for you to think about your next move.
    I can make claims on the forums all day long, that doesn't necessarily make it so.

Again bads are bads so if someone tells them what they should do to win and they ignore it , not my prb.Just dont come whining when u get owned for trying 2 cap a flag defended by 10 allies.
    Again, who determines who should listen to who? Back in vanilla, rank 14s told people they're the ones to listen to. When many found out that many rank 14s afk'd or used 3rd party sites to power level their rank, that statement was moot.

So basically you want to faceroll people in greys and greens.
    I'm not sure where you got this comment from, but ok.

I "overgear" myself for lvling not to roflstomp noobs. To me pvp is just a dif side of the same coin of leveling. If you dont put same effort into your char you shouldn't colect the same benefits i do.
    That's your opinion.

Also most enchants you get on your hierlooms are low level stuff vanila things so in no way are they end-game enchants.
    Because +15 Agility and +30 spell power were clearly designed for level 19, amirite?

You can get those later on but so can the rest. From what you are saying a person who has resilience on his gear in a bg should be sent to a dif one to allow the one who cba getting the proper gear from getting one shot cause this is what is usually happening in lvl 80 bgs.
    Who said anything about resilience? Please refrain from red herrings.

Do you use rankwatch addon or is this just comming out of your all mighty knowledge. Then again maybe you are but then again so am I and i can tell you it never stops wisping people when i enter big bgs such as av. Also having higher lvl spells is a big deal since most of the time in pvp 1% more dmg can make the dif between a kill and a death.
    I didn't say having higher level spells didn't matter, but you're assuming that people don't and I guarantee that's few and far between.

I never implied pve=pvp my analogy was people with same gear as some have now downed lk with no buff and people with 20% still can't.
    You're still comparing PVE to PVP. Not all guilds are the same. Some people geared up a lot before facing Arthas while some just tried rushing. That all has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

As for ur chess analogy pvp or at least good pvp is about forceing your opponents moves and devising a strategy see(Orange Marmalade completly locking the other mage in the mlg final we had earlier this year). A good chess player will know dif strategies and should be able to foresee his opponents moves same way as a with a computer who uses more than one strategy. For instance a lock will try to fear and dot u(1 of many posibilities), u can chose your actions accordingly meaning blind berserker rage, fear ward silence 2 shut down his shadow tree. etc
    Like I said, that all sounds great on paper, but to actually be able to do those things is different. I have yet to ever see a smart twink in PVP. One common thing that i've seen twinks do (i've mentioned this before and i'll keep doing it for lulz) is when I go in travel form and just run around the bg. They'll chase me like flies to poop. Heck, if the match lasts more than 5 minutes, they're still chasing me because twink sees lowbie... twink goes for lowbie. It's a great distraction tactic to win against a premade of twinks back in the day. They're too preoccupied with 1-shotting someone that they've let the FC run right past them.

Anyways skills beat gear.In a fight between same lvl players the more skilled one will win over a less skilled twink.
    I agree here since 99.9999999% of twinks are about as intelligent as a lemon.

The only place i have seen twinking bad recently is alterac because people can go get raid gear without gainging exp. also im not sure if you get put in the twink bracket if you havent bought tbc but that could be an explaination too. otherwise its not a problem go get yourself some boa gear and be done with it.

It seems I am not getting to you and you sure as hell arent getting through to me.

After lvl 60 i consider myself a full out twink given enchants are fairly cheap 2 make and help you alot and i get fairly decent gear given i know where to look for it. And trust me i've seen plenty of other twinks out there who play really well and some who suck so the 99.99999999x1000% u gave is prb only in your battlegroup.

The fact that people know what gear is good for them actually makes them smarter than your average gray/green player who just comes and has no clue about what to do.

Just because some pve emo with a decent amount of blues comes near you doesnt make him a twink. Like i said gear is easy to get these days. My definition of a twink is a person with the right gear who actually knows how to make use of it.

I know u said omg PvP=/= PvE but we are talking mostly about gear which u get from pve shit so my PvE PvP analogies are quite to the point. Just because someone has the same gear as you doesnt mean he plays just as good as you and sometimes people with better gear(aka twinks by your definition) actually play worse.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is people's inaptitude is what prevents them from killing a twink and maybe the gap which is sometimes a bit to high and not the fact that someone has better gear than you. Also +15 agility and +30sp are both vanilla enchants so yes you could spend some time farming rep for 15 agility or farm MC for +30sp if u want them so badly(also stated that things are a tad imbalanced in 10-19 brackets due to not having many abilities to counter twinks). If people learn 2 PvP and learn to use their brains maybe all these omg nerf twinks for having better gear than me and killing me will all go away and we can all live happily ever after without these kind of threads.

Also if you think people playing their best(using cc/environment to gain an edge over oponent) is only obtainable on paper then you must be in 1 lousy battlegroup where people must really suck at PvP.
    Last edited by methus; 2010-06-23 at 07:07 PM. Reason: corecting some mistakes

I'm going to have to agree with Necrodeath here. He makes a lot of very good points. I think that methus guy is just some random butt-hurt twink who's grasping at straws. It's kinda obvious from his post count.

Everything that Methus guy said was a bunch of bull$hit.

hurr durr spend time farming enchants durr! On my server, those enchantments are more than the majority of noobs can feasibly afford.

Quit pretending like people need to "use their heads" to fight twinks. That's like telling someone wielding a butter knife to be smarter than the guy 20 feet away from him wielding a machine gun.

All of this makes me think of dead horses and the uselessness of beating them.