Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Holy Paladin Trinkets

Good day MMO-champion.

I was wondering if you could help with a problem regarding my trinkets. I've searched the forum about this question, found one thread, which was from just the end of May, however the links in there were outdated and broken and the whole thread went off-topic about some stuff.

Therefore I made a new one.

Anyway, I currently have these two trinkets: Tears of the Vanquished and Talisman of Resurgence.

(Armory link).

I was wondering what trinkets I should go for now? I might have a chance to get the normal 25 man Solace with some runs, but are there any trinkets in ICC that are just as good as mine, or better?

If you find anything else wrong with my gear of choice, please do tell.

Thanks alot for any answers.

Not.This.Shit.Again.

I mean seriously, does a week pass by wheres there is NOT a trinket thread popping up???
    Im getting quite sick of them filling my screen D:<

Once the stickies are active, go check the trinket comparison thread, itll answer your questions.

DAMN ALL THESE THREADS.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Deleted
    You should go for wowhead.com/item=46051 and normal solace (pref heroic), don't go for the ICC trinkets.

You should put nightmare tear in your head instead of shoulder so you get 9sp instead of 5sp.

(Couldn't post link in a proper way because of my low postcount)

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about posting a thread like this then Force, I had no idea. I rarely visit the Paladin forum here.

And thanks Enale, too bad PuGs on my realm doesn't do heroic, so I'll have to go for the normal one. (I don't have a guild that does 25 man at all right now). Also about the Nightmare's Tear, I've noticed it recently that I did something wrong, but I need a few Dalaran JC tokens before I can fix it

Is Darkmoon card: Greatness the shit now? - or is it still ok? (int version)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssetback View Post
    Is Darkmoon card: Greatness the shit now? - or is it still ok? (int version)
    It's ok, but it's worse than the triumph badge trinket or the ToC-5 normal trinket so there's no reason to use it.

I suppose its understandable, seeing as the stickies are fucked. Im just personally quite sick of trinket thread:<

Metorite Crystal > Heroic Solace > Normal Solace > Purified Lunar Dust > Tears > Card > Talisman
    If you somehow find the on use on Talisman VERY useful, it's ahead of the card.

Solace of the defeated or nothing. There are no trinkets in ICC worth using.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Metorite Crystal > Heroic Solace > Normal Solace > Purified Lunar Dust > Tears > Card > Talisman
    If you somehow find the on use on Talisman VERY useful, it's ahead of the card.
    I do find it quite useful when it comes to using it with Divine Plea. And it's also quite useful when it comes to Dreamwalker (Yeah yeah, she's so easy anyway :>).

I've always dream about getting Meteorite Crystal, but I have yet to find a guild on my realm that kills Algalon. :<

But thanks a lot to all of you for helping me, now I'm off to hunt my trinkets!

Quote Originally Posted by Shjak View Post
    I do find it quite useful when it comes to using it with Divine Plea. And it's also quite useful when it comes to Dreamwalker (Yeah yeah, she's so easy anyway :>).

I've always dream about getting Meteorite Crystal, but I have yet to find a guild on my realm that kills Algalon. :<

But thanks a lot to all of you for helping me, now I'm off to hunt my trinkets!
    Using it for VDW is a bad idea, you're much better off using a Spellpower trinket (if you have any), or even the melee DPS trinket from frost emblems, it has 153 haste!

Using it with Divine Plea will not make up for a lot of healing at all.

This is what I wrote in some other thread about Talisman a while ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    If you use this trinket (600SP) with Divine Plea (assuming 3.5k normal spellpower) you will heal with 2050 spellpower + 50% of the base healing (the healing it would do without any SP).

Lets do some math.

Holy Light does 4888 - 5444 healing, or an average of 5166.
    It scales with your spellpower and gains 1.66 healing for every SP you have.

With 3500 SP before plea you are doing...
    3500 * 1.66 = 5810 + 5166 = 10976 average healing per cast, before any modifiers such as talents.
    3500 SP and during divine plea you are doing 5810 + 5166 / 2 = 5488 average healing per HL.

If you add 600 SP (the use on the trinket) you are doing...
    4100 * 1.66 = 6806 + 5166 = 11972 average healing per cast while not using plea.
    and 11972 / 2 = 5986 healing per cast during plea.

That's 498, or 9% more healing per cast. Whoopi doo!
    Last edited by Elessa; 2010-06-15 at 03:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That sticky is a peice of garbage tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    That sticky is a peice of garbage tbh.
    Care to elaborate?Or is this another "I know better but I dont have anything to back it up, im just telling you im better!!111"?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Elessa, I didn't actually know it were that little.

And when it comes to VDW, I don't actually have any spell power trinkets. Haven't seen any drops of em in ICC so far, nor do I intend to get the trinket from emblems (Gearing up ret gear for cata > spellpower trinket that I'll use a couple of times)

If you don't have 2 of the first 3 trinkets in my list, you should get the Spellpower trinket from frost emblems. It provides loads of mp5, not just spellpower.