Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arugal Did Not Curse the Gilneans

Getting tired of people who cant find this cataclysm info on their own. the gilneans do not have arugals curse here is proof. first off, the curse arugal has turns them into worgen only at night, the gilneans are turned worgen permanantly, before the "cure".

also in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBS0PPgFTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBS0PPgFTM

cut to 2:00 and start watching.

chris metzen says "they're trying to get to the bottom of where this ANCIENT curse came from".

pretty sure arugal is not ancient. also, check the worgen flavor text:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...amhack_013.jpg

The Worgen were first unleashed upon the Eastern Kingdoms by Archmage Arugal during the Third War. Primarily used as a weapon against the Scourge, the beasts soon proved to be a burden greater than the humans of Lordaeron could bear. A mysterious curse began to spread among those who fought alongside the wolf-men, causing them to become worgen themselves. The curse rapidly spread as it reached Gilneas, trapping its inhabitants behind the very walls built to protect them. The survivors of the curse now seek to find a new fate for their people -- their destiny unwritten.

the worgen are also, as you all should know, related to an ancient druid sect from kalimdors past. the curse they have is ancient, so obviously, thats related to druidism too. i know all the info, ive seen the full questing of gilneas from an alpha leaker, but i cant say anything more.

Deleted
    It's called Arugal's curse because he was the one that summoned the ancient worgen AND created the hybrids. Without Arugal summoning them, there wouldn't be any curse, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's called Arugal's curse because he was the one that summoned the ancient worgen AND created the hybrids. Without Arugal summoning them, there wouldn't be any curse, right?
    people saying its arugals curse think the gilneans have the same curse as the pyrewood villagers have. which is completely wrong. those ones are worgen only at night, the gilnean worgen curse, related to druids, is ancient and turns you into a worgen at all times.

Deleted
    Yeah, technically the curse isn't Arugal's, but he did deploy it, so he's still responsible for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Yeah, technically the curse isn't Arugal's, but he did deploy it, so he's still responsible for what happened.
    indeed, just wanted to clear up confusion about nelf and worgen connections, and that arugals night time only curse is not what the gilneans have, they have an ancient druidic curse.

There's still a lot of mystery surrounding the Worgen. As far as I've seen there are two types.

1) "Natural Worgen" these things never had a human form, they came from that alternate dimension that Worgen come from.

2) "Human Worgen" Humans cursed and turned into Worgen, some dying, some losing their sanity permanently, some regaining it and looking for its cure.

The curse definitely did not start with Arugal, he was just heavily involved in researching them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

10+ Year Old Account
    The paragraph you quote clearly states that the curse spread to Gilneas as a result of Arugal's summoning. Curses can change or affect people differently?
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

I think it was obvious that a mediocre socrecer like Arugal wasn't able to create a brand new curse out of nowhere, and that Blizzard would have used it even as a brand new race..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisBob View Post
    1) "Natural Worgen" these things never had a human form, they came from that alternate dimension that Worgen come from.
    There is actually alot more than meets the eye about the original worgen. All that I'll say is that there are no "real" worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisBob View Post
    There's still a lot of mystery surrounding the Worgen. As far as I've seen there are two types.

2) "Human Worgen" Humans cursed and turned into Worgen, some dying, some losing their sanity permanently, some regaining it and looking for its cure.

The curse definitely did not start with Arugal, he was just heavily involved in researching them.
    i know the truth but for some reason this site bans people who post NDA stuff, although i can post it on every other wow forum strangely enough.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 10:52 AM ----------

There is actually alot more than meets the eye about the original worgen. All that I'll say is that there are no "real" worgen.
    *cough* looks around *cough* slight nod *HACK WHEEEEEEEZE*

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    The paragraph you quote clearly states that the curse spread to Gilneas as a result of Arugal's summoning. Curses can change or affect people differently?
    thats just silly. did you even read my entire post? and go to all the links? you didnt read anything.

I can only guess(since I don't know the restricted info) that those "natural Worgen" were only called that because they were "found" that way, and that they were once non-worgen as well.

Eeenteresteeeng....I'll need to do the Worgen starting area first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

it's still arugal's fault even if he didn't directly curse them. :/ we will still go into that SFK instance and claw his eyes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though he didn't go oogaboogaboo and curse the Gilneans it's ultimately his fault for summoning them. So it's a yes and a no yes his actions cursed them, no he didn't go all mystical mumbo jumbo on them.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Though he didn't go oogaboogaboo and curse the Gilneans it's ultimately his fault for summoning them. So it's a yes and a no yes his actions cursed them, no he didn't go all mystical mumbo jumbo on them.
    I have to agree with this. I don't see how Aragul didn't curse the Gilneans when they wouldn't have become Worgen if it weren't for him summoning Worgen in the first place. Aragul is responsible for the curse, no matter if he directly cursed the Gilneans or not. The curse in itself is about being Worgen, no matter if you are Worgen only at night or not. I think it is likely the Worgen in Pyrewood will be changed to reflect that Worgen don't only come out at night. The story has changed to be "from when" instead of "from where". Either the Worgen is an Ancient animal form just like cat, bear (Ursol and Ursoc), crow, etc or it is more akin to Harpies (Aviana) and Quilboars (Agamaggan). I think it is likely the Worgen have everything to do with the
    Ancient Goldrinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Arugal was not the one to first summon Worgen...there was that one Night Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Shidaku View Post
    I have to agree with this. I don't see how Aragul didn't curse the Gilneans when they wouldn't have become Worgen if it weren't for him summoning Worgen in the first place. Aragul is responsible for the curse, no matter if he directly cursed the Gilneans or not. The curse in itself is about being Worgen, no matter if you are Worgen only at night or not. I think it is likely the Worgen in Pyrewood will be changed to reflect that Worgen don't only come out at night. The story has changed to be "from when" instead of "from where". Either the Worgen is an Ancient animal form just like cat, bear (Ursol and Ursoc), crow, etc or it is more akin to Harpies (Aviana) and Quilboars (Agamaggan). I think it is likely the Worgen have everything to do with the
    Ancient Goldrinn.
    oh its something about goldrinn. cant say anything more.....dont know why the forum mods care if you link nda breaking stuff here, literally every other wow forum on the internet doesnt care. whats blizz gonna do?

nothing thats right.

Deleted
    I can't get you dude. You say you have a piece of lore about the worgen curse which you feel the need to share with everyone but the NDA stops you. Yet you keep bumping the thread...