ICC tanking Help

I have been tanking ICC10/25 for about a month now. Always as the OT i dont seem to get as much threat as other clases.
    DK's and Paladin's out threat me not just trash but on the bosses as well. Where i can survive the fights with little problem i had a DK pull back in the saurfang fight to let me maintain threat from the taunt. And the other day a 5k GS pala was running the same threat as me.

well thats my problem so to speak. I need to improve for icc and would appreciate any comments from people.
    Here is my build. Icks thumb is up for replacing along with the belt.

eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Stoneybeard

My Rotation is
    AoE => Cleave - charge - SW - TC - tab - Cleave repeat on CD
    single => HS - charge - then HS/Dev/Rev/SS whatever is off CD

I dont have any problems with threat at all. I normally use my vigilance on a well Arcane mage. Do you use shockwave and concussion blow on bosses?

I've never had a problem with threat on my prot warr. I tank with an evenly geared prot pally. And I usally out threat him easy. I'd honestly say that your problem is Heroic Strike...I never use it since the buff to Devestate.

My Basic Single Target Rotation is SS>SW>Rev>Devx3>Repeat as they come off cd. Dev while on CD
    Also Using Dev while SS,SW, and Rev are on cd gives a larger chance for Sword and Board to proc=MOAR THREAT! RAWRIOR!!!
    Last edited by smpJest; 2010-06-15 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smpJest View Post
    I've never had a problem with threat on my prot warr. I tank with an evenly geared prot pally. And I usally out threat him easy. I'd honestly say that your problem is Heroic Strike...I never use it since the buff to Devestate.

My Basic Single Target Rotation is SS>SW>Rev>Devx3>Repeat as they come off cd. Dev while on CD
    Also Using Dev while SS,SW, and Rev are on cd gives a larger chance for Sword and Board to proc=MOAR THREAT! RAWRIOR!!!
    hmm i seemed to be getting more tps using it. Perhaps i am trying to use too many skills?
    HS - charge - SS - Rev -Dev- then whatever is off CD and proc HS while rage is good.

Also warrior threat is dependent on being attacked so if your not actively being hit by the boss thats threat loss, you get threat every time you block an attack, you also gain a lot more rage when being directly hit which lets you spam your abilities more which in turn equals even more threat.

Well it looks good, all in all you want to use shield slam over revenge and devastate. Revenge second and devastate if nothing else is up all the while spamming heroic strike.

Something I noticed is you spot 0 set bonuses. I double dip the 2pt10 and 2pt9 on both my prot paladin and warrior for threat set and use at least 2pt10 on both for maintanking set.

It could be your expertise, try to get 26.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Well it looks good, all in all you want to use shield slam over revenge and devastate. Revenge second and devastate if nothing else is up all the while spamming heroic strike.

Something I noticed is you spot 0 set bonuses. I double dip the 2pt10 and 2pt9 on both my prot paladin and warrior for threat set and use at least 2pt10 on both for maintanking set.
    I am going to try the change in rotation for SS- Rev - Dev + HS when available

I am looking at the 2 set bonus or should i replace ick thumb with the coroded key. or the I. belt with the chain belt both are 60 frost.

I was looking at the 2nd pice for the chest until the one i have dropped at weekend.