Thread: Ret 2v2

Ret 2v2

I've been playing arena on and off since Season 1. Clearly I didn't play as Ret during TBC because Ret didn't actually exist. I'm tired of playing a holy paladin in arena and I think the idea of playing prot in arena is retarded.

I enjoy 2v2 because it's much less hectic than 3s or 5s. I feel like I have more control on the outcome.

I think it was Season 6 I played Ret/Rogue and made it 2k+ but since the burst nerfs and res buffs it's just not viable (I used mostly PvE gear to hit 2k+).

Are there any 2's comp with a ret pally that are still viable?

Ret Arms for double dps...might work? No overlapping cc types, fear/stun/incap.

Ret+mage seems to be they way to go.

I've been playing with a Disc priest and I've seen teams over 2200 but the Paladin's all seem to have amazing weapons (Heroic 25 / Shadowmourne / Wrathful)

I feel like double dps only goes so far with resilience and heals on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by prodron View Post
    Ret Arms for double dps...might work? No overlapping cc types, fear/stun/incap.
    I play this on my warrior in 2's but it's pretty rough against healer and rogue teams as they just tend to focus on me, and force my ret to heal until oom, then I die :P

Half man, Half amazin'.

Deleted
    double dps with paladin is gone

try to play with a rdruid or rshammy, dpriest is also good if the priest can stay alive easy alone since paladins haven o peeling at all

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go double dps your best bet would be either a destruction/affliction lock, frost mage or a rouge. Any of those would give you good cc & a decent amount of debuffs & burst, I would suggest the mage over all though for their ability to spell steal & interrupt/silence as well as varied cc spam which can lock down a healer.

Or you could go with a disc priest, they will offer a nice amount of healing & absorbs but they will also offer more offensive ability then any other healing spec.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.