Poll: Should Water Walking (and breathing) affect your whole party/raid like Path of Frost

Thread: Water Walking

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Water Walking

please explain your choice.

i dont care, as long as i can Water Walk people in ToC before Arthas breaks the floor so people plummet to their death. ^_^

I don't see it really being an issue. DKs are plentiful so if you're with a large group of people, there's a pretty high chance there will be a DK. If it's a smaller group it doesn't take too much to buff them up.

Or if you're me you just buff yourself and /lol at your friends swimming.

I believe that with the upcoming rated bgs not having to manually buff every single person on a big group when you don't have a DK around could really make a difference on the outcome (giving you that little extra edge to get to a strategic point seconds before the other team). Another thing they should do is make it so that you're not dismounted when you cast water walking.

I don't think its an issue, (not just because I'm a DK) but there are so many DKs that if you get into a BG or raid and theres not a single DK around you just hit class lottery. that being said I'm sure there will be some sort of water breathing thing and the new underwater mounts may even provide that so theres no need for a raid wide water breathing buff imo.

All I'd ask is that Blizz changes Water Walking so that, upon hitting a certain downward speed, it's effects are temporarily lost so that you cannot die from falling onto water.

Of course, in the real world a fall from 50+ feet into water is just as fatal as jagged rocks, but that's beside the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    No! I wanna be jesus still! ONLY MEEEE

I voted yes, but honestly, I think it's pretty lame that almost every special buff that one class use to bring can now be brought by 1 or 2 other classes. I remember when special buffs and abilities made having certain classes a perk, but now almost every buff can be filled in by a different raid member.

Now mass levitation? That would be sweet.

Personally I don't care about it being party-wide or raid-wide or whatever, I just want to be able to cast it without being dismounted like DKs can.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

well we´ve got it well before dk´s, it was one of shamans trademark abilities so on principle i´d want to have it on the same lvl at least.
    -no reagents
    -raid wide
    -not getting dismounted when casting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

meh, idc...i wish i could cast it while mount though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

What i would like to see is that you can do it while on your bloody mount. Instead of having to dismount cast it remount and get going. Idc about other people, its all ME ME ME ME.

Quote Originally Posted by KadabrA View Post
    please explain your choice.
    Probably needed anyhow for cataclysm and underwater stuff, just like raid waterbreating. Unless they are going to give us an underwater shirt, tabard or alike.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Not at all concerned, havent found much use for it so far (mine is 75 atm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafleur
    The fail is strong in this one...

15+ Year Old Account
    Should Shamans be able to critt over 40.000? Yes or no?

Sometimes, some questions can't be decided through a poll.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it as it is. The DK version has to have a rune spent on it, which in 95% of situations is fine. Where ours shines is that because it only has negligable mana cost*, you can cast it and all you lose is a gcd.

This makes it situationally godly in AB, and other pvp situations, such as trolling stormwind.(Edit: whereas the dk version still requires a rune, which you may or may not have mid-combat) I don't mind our spell as it is.

*(discounting reagent ofc, either glyph it or carry a stack at all times)

no one uses waterwalk mid combat, because damage breaks it.

no disadvantage at all. icy veins is better in every single way.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    no one uses waterwalk mid combat, because damage breaks it.
    I do. In my resto pvp spec, hitting engi boots, ghost wolf and water walk and making a swift exit across the water in AB as I see people running toward me has saved me many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    Should Shamans be able to critt over 40.000? Yes or no?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    I do. In my resto pvp spec, hitting engi boots, ghost wolf and water walk and making a swift exit across the water in AB as I see people running toward me has saved me many times.
    one dot and it wont work. if you decide to use it before they are able to do anything to you, you wont be mid fight. and a dk not being in the middle of a fight will always have a frost rune to spare.