Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healer Killer Mod for BG

The title says it all... I am a frost mage, and I am tired of trying to kill the dps of an opposing team while their healer sits back and heals away. I have been in too many BG's where people only fight the people who are currently smacking them, and not CC the dps and aim for the healer so that the dps will die easier. I always assess a battle when I come up to it, and I try to see who is healing in the back and focus fire them. I am just looking for a mod that will pull all people from the opposing faction who have done more healing than damage (according to the screen from 'shift+space'), and put their health and mana bars in a small area that I can click to target.

I guess I am looking for a mod like grid, except instead of friendly players it has enemy players and specifically healers. I am pretty sure their is a way to do it; at least, judging by the addon Healers Have to Die(won't let me link, haven't posted enough lol) it should be possible.

Any suggestions or idea's???

-Thanks in advance!!!

Step 1: Open your eyes
    Step 2: Target anyone healing
    Step 3: Push your buttons
    Step 4: ??????
    Step 5: PROFIT!

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post

you post on ISH? if that doesn't make sense nevermind lol.

If you aren't good enough to figure out who healers visually you aren't good enough to kill them.

I mean, they're pretty obvious. The only people standing at range who aren't shooting things at you.

No real way to do this. You have to figure out who's healing and deal with it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy if you're Alliance. Just look for the little blonde tramp with pointy ears who will keep on mana burning you until her dying breath. Problem solved. *trumpets*

But seriously. It's all about awareness. You can tell by casting animations/characters/positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Niea View Post
    If you aren't good enough to figure out who healers visually you aren't good enough to kill them.

I mean, they're pretty obvious. The only people standing at range who aren't shooting things at you.

yeah this. its also best to CC the least obvious guy in every situation, or rather the most difficult to get to, since everyone else will be focusing the most obvious targets. if there is anything i've learned in non vent PvP its that so you don't get your CC zerged. and if its a druid start spamming him with evereything and everyone else will catch on, move past the most obvious guy usually and start dps'ing him too.

Quote Originally Posted by wowmagic View Post
    The title says it all... I am a frost mage, and I am tired of trying to kill the dps of an opposing team while their healer sits back and heals away. I have been in too many BG's where people only fight the people who are currently smacking them, and not CC the dps and aim for the healer so that the dps will die easier. I always assess a battle when I come up to it, and I try to see who is healing in the back and focus fire them. I am just looking for a mod that will pull all people from the opposing faction who have done more healing than damage (according to the screen from 'shift+space'), and put their health and mana bars in a small area that I can click to target.

I guess I am looking for a mod like grid, except instead of friendly players it has enemy players and specifically healers. I am pretty sure their is a way to do it; at least, judging by the addon Healers Have to Die(won't let me link, haven't posted enough lol) it should be possible.

Any suggestions or idea's???

-Thanks in advance!!!
    Can't wait to play with "your kind" in rated bg's.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...93-TipTac.html

Scroll over their character
    Look at the bottom of the info panel that appeared
    Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power View Post
    No real way to do this. You have to figure out who's healing and deal with it yourself.
    that's not exactly true. i'm quite sure once rated BGs are introduced in cataclysm, you will see addons like gladius or arena unit frames pop up everywhere. maybe they will have options like "show healers" and stuff.

people saying "open your eyes" should take a look at how arena matches are played. it's not only about skill, but about effectiveness, too. but since there is no real purpose in doing "effective" BGs nowadays and premade groups are fucked because of the OH SO GREAT random bg queue (i hate it), there are no such addons today, afaik.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    that's not exactly true. i'm quite sure once rated BGs are introduced in cataclysm, you will see addons like gladius or arena unit frames pop up everywhere. maybe they will have options like "show healers" and stuff.

people saying "open your eyes" should take a look at how arena matches are played. it's not only about skill, but about effectiveness, too. but since there is no real purpose in doing "effective" BGs nowadays and premade groups are fucked because of the OH SO GREAT random bg queue (i hate it), there are no such addons today, afaik.
    You don't know who you're facing before gates open in Arena. You do know who you're against in BGs. So no, use your eyes and pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    there are no such addons today, afaik.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...93-TipTac.html

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we need more mods to make the game even easier, eh? Can't say as I've ever really had a problem figuring out who the healers are. (Getting others in the BG to kill them... that's what I need a mod for; misdirect all friendly players to target my target. Yes, that was a joke.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    will be so fun if all games were like that, unfortunaly try just to kill a healer without get atacked by anyone for 10 sec and im saying their grp is fucking bad jesus... you think really the healer is alone if he is healing someone? yeah dps can be a little bit busy, but wait 10 sec and you get a rogue or something in your ass.. that it end of this treath

p.s the alone chance you got is if the pug is really bad, against premade you can dance at the start or try and fail

Your in a BG your mage. Theres 2 of your team attacking DPS no one on healer.

Focus healer
    Focus Sheep
    He trinks
    Don't waste DR
    Focus Counterspell
    Sheep
    Dps is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Can't wait to play with "your kind" in rated bg's.
    Solution: don't play with them. Rated BGs will be with premades.

Do what i do go with a guildy irl mate whoever. Stick them on focus. Nuke the fuck out of whatever he/she is nuking, if nuke does work which is rare, then look for the person that is casting and throwing his/her hands into the air. Its kinda obv whats a healer and what isnt. Generally because of how they look, how they cast, what they are targeting.

In this sort of situation there are only a few things you need to do

A:Spot the tree that is wildly flailing his arms around
    B:Find that dude that's spamming the shit out of PW:shield and PoM
    C:Look for the plate wearing guy that isn't running at you and swinging a huge blade in your face
    D:Look for the balls of crap that are encircling the other people you are trying to kill and then find the source of said crap

And after you find who you're looking for, you kill/sheep him. It's rather simple to be completely honest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs
    it is died

Thanks for the answers from PallyPower and proc (although I already have TipTac).

For all the others who said 'Open your eyes' or 'stop sucking' (Prets, DocQuantum, Cjeska, foxHeart, Niea, Heilige), I will refrain from saying "L2R" and instead quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by wowmagic View Post
    I always assess a battle when I come up to it, and I try to see who is healing in the back...
    I *DO* open my eyes and look for the healer, however in BG's a good healer is not always standing at the back. For instance, I have a pally healer, and it is better for me to be in the midst of the fighting. Not only do I do a small amount of damage through judgements, exorcism, consecration, and the occasional offensive holy shock/hammer of wrath, but I am broken out of most CC by the occasional AoE and I get mana back from seals/judgement every time I smack somebody. Also, it is more difficult to pick me out as a healer! So your contention of 'open your eyes' and 'stop sucking' is wrong. Don't insult people you don't know just because you a) don't understand their post or b) think their post is stupid.

Moving on; I guess now my question involves tree's specifically: how do you take care of tree's as a mage??? poly will not work, so CS and DF (and the occasional spellsteal if I see they have 2+ HoT's on them) is the only way that I can really lock down a tree. Any other ideas/suggestions?

One other question, that is more general and more related to this post: is their a 'inverse'-Grid addon? I mean is there a mod that can list all the health bars of the enemy team in a BG? It is like arena frames in that it lists members of the opposing faction, but like grid in that it condenses the information to a health bar and name. If anyone is an addon writer, with rated BG's coming, this might be worth your while to write .
    Last edited by wowmagic; 2010-06-17 at 01:03 PM.