Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stict 10 man guilds are a Joke

This post spawned from a debate I had earlier.

This post is directed at 10 man strict raiding guilds. NOT 10 MAN GUILDS THAT DO 10 MANS FOR FUN OR BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE 25MANS. Dont get these confused with people that like to raid casualy. these are hard core 10 man guilds they recruit, G kick and stack 10 man raids. They also go for "Server Firsts" as a 10 man strict guild so they use all of their attepts each week.

10 man strict Raiding guilds have special rules that were pretty much just made up and they have a special tracking on GuildOx.com

Yes I know its changing in 6+ months when cata comes out but its still 6 months away so troll away with your cata will change it all nonsense. It doesnt change this post at all.

The reason they are a joke is because they call them selves strict 10 man guilds but in their rules they are allowed to have up to 7 raiders that have done 25 man content, all crafted gear and badge gear and BOE's.

Now you may think thats fine however they want to feel as if they are just as good or better than hard core 25 man raid guilds. So they are like "oh yea we do the content with out top 25 man gear so we are clearly just as good or better." (Obviously not those exact words but its clear thats what they are trying to prove.)

Here are my major issues with this flawed system.

If you want to be a strict 10 man guild thats AWESOME go for it but according to your rules you cant have heroic TOGC 25 man gear or 25 man ICC gear... This means you can have any other 25 man gear in the game? Doesnt seem 10 man strict to me. You can also have 264 cloak, boots, pants, gloves, trinkets, Belt, Rings, necks, and shoulders... from badges craftables and BOE's. thats 9 peices of 264 gear before you even enter then instance. So you can progress through normal ICC 10 and the start of heroic modes in 264 loot? Super strict isnt it.

If you are going to be a strict 10 man guild to fill your little niche do it with ONLY gear that drops in 10 mans dont use BOE gear badge gear or crafted gear. Think about what you are trying to prove.

From the outside looking in it seriously looks like you guys are just trying to be #1 at something so you just made some stuff up. Why not have a special part of Guildox.com that only tracks guilds that 20 man all the content. 25 mans that only do the content in 10 man gear, the previous tiers content, or something equally dumb. YAY GUYS WE ARE THE FIRST GUILD IN THE WORLD TO DO HARD MODE SAURFANG WITH STRICTLY TOGC 25 GEAR WE ARE NUMBER 1!!!!!

Outside the gear issues that the "rules" cause after the top guilds in the world did the content with less than half 277 gear and a 5% buff or less the 10 man strict guilds still cant down the content with a 20% buff and full 264 gear? That says something about their "skill" in and of itself.

Edit: added the rules since people dont think they exist or think they are strict but clearly dont follow them so they arent even what I'm talking about. Source: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?w=AB
    What are the 10-man 'strict' guild rankings?

The 10-man strict rankings show the achievements of pure 10-man raiding guilds. A 'pure' 10-man raiding guild is one that does not participate in 25m progression content. We recognize that 25-man guilds or guilds that regularly participate in 25m pug runs often have a distinct advantage since they can gear up at accelerated rates and move faster through 10-man content. Consequently, our 10-man strict rankings exclude guilds which access any 25-man content that offers higher ilvl gear than what the current 10-man normal content provides. If you are a 10m guild that has members which want to run 25 man pugs then the 'strict' classification is not for you.

First introduced by GuildOx in early 2009 - we became the innovator of 10m strict guild rankings.

What is the 10-man 'strict' criteria?

Guilds will be excluded when they earn any Icecrown Citadel (ICC) 25 normal kills or any TotGC 25 hard-mode kills. Guilds must also have their 10M Progress World Rank be better than (lower than) their 25M Progress World Rank.

We have added a special trigger for the ICC 25 normal kills that will exclude a guild from strict rankings when 8 players achieve it over time. For example, if your guild pugs ICC 25 normal then you will be excluded from the strict rankings when a total of 8 players in your guild participate in the Lord Marrowgar 25 normal kill. Please ensure you discourage your guild members from participating in any ICC 25 normal and TotGC 25 hard-mode runs if you wish to remain on the strict rankings. Also be sure minimize the recruitment of players that have previously achieved these kills since they will contribute to the guild total, regardless of when they achieved it. VoA 25 and Onyxia 25 are exempt from the criteria and can be run without risking your 10m strict rankings.

Special tip: If you wish to remain on the 10-man strict list over the long term then be sure to have your guild stay within the criteria - we are unable to remove earned achievements once they are in the GuildOx database. Also note that the criteria will change as new content is released. The best approach to future-proof your strict ranking is to advise your guild members not to run any 25-man content that features higher iLevel gear when compared to the current 10-man normal content. We reserve the right to tighten the criteria at any time if we judge that guilds are 'gaming' the strict rankings.

But ICC 25 normal drops the same iLvl gear as ICC 10 hard mode, why can't we run ICC 25 normal and stay 10m strict?

It is true that ICC 25 normal drops 264 iLvl gear and this is the same iLvl at ICC 10 hard mode. However, guilds can gear up at twice the rate if they run ICC 25 normal and this is clearly an unfair advantage - GuildOx ranks guilds based on the rate at which they earn achievements/kills. Yes, we understand that you can get iLvl 264 gear from emblem vendors and other sources, but we have drawn the line at ICC 25 normal. We also understand that Lord Marrowgar 25 is easy to run as a PUG.
    Last edited by Evirx; 2010-06-15 at 07:55 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    cookiemonster superman?

Oh so there's rules that every single 10 man guild has invented for their guild?

Of course not, I was in a strict 10 man guild once, and you could use your 25raid lockouts for your self, they were not reserved for the guild. You could pug all you wanted as long as you left your 10man lockouts for the guild runs. These were our rules.

So stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like someone did not get accepted to a 10 man raiding guild.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Never heard of a stick'd guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    "Imba"
    I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.
    I love mods

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you on some points, but i dont really care about 10man strict guilds :P
    If they wanna be special, just let them be special ^^

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

10 man is not really raiding. it's more like doing heroics with 2 groups. it's shit. it will be the new form of "raiding" perhaps, but it will still be lame.

25 all the way! :-)

Arrrrgh some people play this game different from me

do you understand how upset that makes me

...There isn't some sort of 10-Man Guild Franchise that they have to buy in to and use all of the same rules from, you do know that right?

If you don't like how GuildOx ranks guilds, go on to their website and complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was your point
    <------ this way, or
    that way? ---------->

Because I really can't find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, someone's e-peen needs some attention.
    10 man strict guild means what it is, the guild as a whole runs 10-mans. For 25 they pug or don't do it.... Could say in Cataclysm that's not happening but I won't, hmmm guess I just did.
    Looks like we have a hardcore raider here that comes across like an angry teenager... mad at the whole world for ...? Yeah for what really?

Well I'm in a good mood so here I go. You're the best dude, everybody should look to you as an example of total and complete imbaness. We're not worthy to even play on the same server as you. Then again we are so thankful you can find it in your heart and in your famous generosity to tolerate us, because in fact we all know one server is not nearly enough space for you and your ego. Forgive us our sins please.

Feel better now?

P.S. I know you're not using the ICC buff because you're that good. Chuck Norris has nothing on you. One day you took a dump and there was Chuck Norris.
    Last edited by velde046; 2010-06-15 at 07:56 PM.

As a member of a 10 man strict guild -

We're not incredibly competitive. We're rated fairly well on GuildOx, sure, but the main reason the guild decided to take the 'strict' approach was to distance ourselves from 25man guilds running into 10man content and simply over-gearing it. We're proud to wear Kingslayer, even though there are many people who see it as a laughable title purely because of 25man gear/ease.

I do agree that the GuildOx definition of 10 man strict is a load of crap, but what can you do? It's certainly not my decision.

@OP Dude relax... Just because the whole world doesn't follow your ideas you don't have to troll.

Why do you care?

It astounds me that you pay this level of attention to a World of Warcraft guild sub-culture.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Just as a quick warning to anybody that responds this thread. The OP started a similar thread about this before and no matter how well thought out your responses were, or no matter how much evidence you provided, his basic response was "That doesn't count so I'm not listening to you". Just a quick FYI.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rage much?! Calm down, take a deep breath and then try to make a post in here, so we can understand your point.(If there is any?!)
    This way all I see is BLABLA ON A STICK BBLABLA 10 MAN "INSERT RAGE HERE" BLABLA

Quote Originally Posted by Diecron View Post
    As a member of a 10 man strict guild -

We're not incredibly competitive. We're rated fairly well on GuildOx, sure, but the main reason the guild decided to take the 'strict' approach was to distance ourselves from 25man guilds running into 10man content and simply over-gearing it. We're proud to wear Kingslayer, even though there are many people who see it as a laughable title purely because of 25man gear/ease.

I do agree that the GuildOx definition of 10 man strict is a load of crap, but what can you do? It's certainly not my decision.
    QFT, exactly the same reason I'm in a strict 10m guild for same reasons. Also because my computer cannot handle 25 mans :P

And yeah, definitely looks like someone got declined because they weren't good enough.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Yea, I don't see why you made a thread about this. All I got from reading this was "I hate strict 10 man guilds because they are stupid." You state nothing that would affect a player who wasn't in a strict 10 man guild. Sounds like you got booted for not following rules or this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Sounds like someone did not get accepted to a 10 man raiding guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all - wut?

Second - Boe, craftables and ilvl 264 wouldn´t be excluded in a "strict 10 man" guild due to the fact you can obtain these from other sources without going to a 25 man instance. You can even get the 264 items from 10 man heroic modes so that socalled argument is flawed from your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Arrrrgh some people play this game different from me

do you understand how upset that makes me
    Pretty much sums up all of every WoW related forum. Or everything on the internet for the most part
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back