Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Arrrrgh some people play this game different from me

do you understand how upset that makes me
    no, i dont.

i belive you should write a 3 pages essay about it and post it on the forums.

its due to next monday. GO!

OT: someone is trying to be different? RAGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue.Dezember View Post
    no, i dont.

i belive you should write a 3 pages essay about it and post it on the forums.

its due to next monday. GO!

OT: someone is trying to be different? RAGE!!!
    I'm going to quote all of my sources with LIBRARY BOOKS in a detailed bibliography just so you know how serious it is and then I'm going to post it on the forums so I can confirm that there are many people who share my unbridled rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexerima View Post
    Yea, I don't see why you made a thread about this. All I got from reading this was "I hate strict 10 man guilds because they are stupid." You state nothing that would affect a player who wasn't in a strict 10 man guild. Sounds like you got booted for not following rules or this.
    Why would I want to be in a 10 man raiding guild in the first place? People like you make me laugh TBQH. These people claim to be super awesome at the game because they can do stuff with some gear that is 13 IL's lower than the top raiding guilds but even after a 15% more of a buff than the first guilds to clear the content they still havent?

15+ Year Old Account
    10 man strict rating to me means that anything that drops from 25 is off limits. I dont care about ilvl. As long as you don't equip any drops from a 25 man raid, that should qualify you. It allows you to still run 25mans, you just can't use that gear on your 10man raid.

I have no idea how you would verify this to other people, but thats what I think 10man strict means. Only gear accesible by running 10man. If you can get ilvl 264 stuff from badges, then do it. If you can get 264 tier tokens from hardmode 10man, do it. But if your warrior is using Shadow's Edge, it doesn't count as strict. If your mage is using DFO, it doesnt count. If your Ret is using TaiaJ, it doesn't count.

All these caveats and special circumstances are rediculous. Do 10man stuff in only 10man accessible gear, and you are considered strict. And be happy with yourself.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

So you are content with people claiming they are #1 at something they arent?

I won a gold metal in the 500m sprint but I did it on a bike does that mean Im just as good as the people that ran it?

"These people" have said nothing of the sort. We're decent players, sure, as I'm sure you are. Difference is we're not arrogant fartholes.

Yeah. in prefect world everyone would be like Evirx, eh? Then we would have love, happiness, and bunnies riding on seakings.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I agree with you on some points, but i dont really care about 10man strict guilds :P
    If they wanna be special, just let them be special ^^
    Just my thoughts

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evirx View Post
    Why would I want to be in a 10 man raiding guild in the first place? People like you make me laugh TBQH. These people claim to be super awesome at the game because they can do stuff with some gear that is 13 IL's lower than the top raiding guilds but even after a 15% more of a buff than the first guilds to clear the content they still havent?
    Its like Herald of the Titans - where you have to kill Algalon in only the ilvl gear you can get from same ilvl that is in Ulduar 10. The "not having done it yet" part is abit weird ofc.

Deleted

It's also ironic because then they complain if everybody is the same as them...

I won a gold metal in the 500m sprint but I did it on a bike does that mean Im just as good as the people that ran it?
    I'm content knowing that there are people who play this game in a way that pleases them and has absolutely no effect on me in any way shape or form.

Why the hell aren't you?

This thread is a joke, along with all the people that disregard 10 mans altogether.

Grow up.

Yeah strict guilds overgear the content a little (with 264 crafted/badge gear), but it is impossible to distinguish guilds that -try- to do 10's in 10-gear from 25 heroic guilds. It's not perfect, it frankly sucks, but it's all we have.

These people claim to be super awesome at the game because they can do stuff with some gear that is 13 IL's lower than the top raiding guilds but even after a 15% more of a buff than the first guilds to clear the content they still havent?
    Most semi-hardcore 25 guilds are also probably better than the strict guilds. So what? I don't think anyone is saying that the strict crowd is better than the 25 man hardcore guilds. Power to the people who kill LK HC25. 10M strict guilds don't do it for the world firsts, they do it because they like raiding with a small core of friends. And the strict list is only there to compare themselves to OTHERS THAT DO THE SAME, instead of the 25(HC) crowd. We want to compare ourselves WITH EACHOTHER.

What IS true though, is that 10M strict guilds (expecially the top ones, who got 11/12 with 5% buff max) are better that the vast majority of 25M guilds, who can't progress much in 25HC, then get the 10HC drake with 10/15/20% buff with +13/+26 iLvl gear and /flex.

Gief Cataclysm and 10/25 raid equalization to stop these useless discussions; I'll play the way I like it, and you do yours.
    Last edited by Fizzlebeard; 2010-06-15 at 08:24 PM.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

I don't think the concept of strict 10 man raids is really that bad or hard to explain. You can't really deny that a 25-man guild who also does 10 mans has an inherent advantage when trying to beat the content just because they will gear up quicker and will outgear the instance. Heck the top 25man guilds were heavily decked out in ilevel 258 gear when ICC was released and already outgeared the 10 man from the start.

The issue is that blizzard doesn't really support it so there is no good way to enforce it. Allowing no one in the guild to have ever killed a 25 man boss in any instance would make it almost impossible to achieve as you'd pretty much have to roll a new char to join the guild. I do agree that the GuildOx definition should probably be 7 kills total, not 7 players who have killed the boss.

As for the crafted, badge and BoE gear it's a hard call because there is no iLevel 251 version of that gear that they can get instead. Yes you can get it all with out ever having set foot into a 25 man but it is still effectively letting you outgear what would be possible strictly from the 10 man raids.

I'm content knowing that there are people who play this game in a way that pleases them and has absolutely no effect on me in any way shape or form.

Why the hell aren't you?

If you didnt care you wouldnt post on this forum at all would you... Grats on hypocrisy

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Its like Herald of the Titans - where you have to kill Algalon in only the ilvl gear you can get from same ilvl that is in Ulduar 10. The "not having done it yet" part is abit weird ofc.
    How did you not get that was talking about ICC... Any way MANY MANY MANY 25 man guilds did herald of the titans several months before the first strict 10 man did it...

oh god you're right, you saying something that isn't true makes MY BLOOD BOIL. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BRAG ABOUT STUFF ON THE INTERNET UNLESS THEY CAN PROVE IT ON WIKIPEDIA!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    If you want to play the game how you want, do so, but don't do it with me. If you wanna play super mario brothers and just jump up and down until the clock runs out and you die, by all means do it when I'm not player two and waiting for you to stop being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by xfloggingkylex View Post
    oh god you're right, you saying something that isn't true makes MY BLOOD BOIL. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BRAG ABOUT STUFF ON THE INTERNET UNLESS THEY CAN PROVE IT ON WIKIPEDIA!!!!!
    you seem angry do you need a hug?

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Wow, u mad, bro ?
    Me? No do I seem angry because Im not

Thank you sir, you made me lol