Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So, because someone isnt a deticated PvP player they are a noob? PvE is the main aspect of WoW.

Also, NOBODY CARES. In fact im willing to bet we were all trolled and this story made up.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartinz View Post
    how is gs related to arena rating?
    This ^

10+ Year Old Account
    TS;WDIR (Too stupid; why did I read)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    So today I got HC HoL as my random heroic. When we got to the flame giant boss, an ICC geared mage with about 6k GS started spamming DPS meters to show his 1337 dps (he did 9.5k dps) and called us all garbage.
    Than I asked him "If you are so good, why dont you tell us your arena rating?". He than linked us his amazing 1750 achieve, to which I laughed my ass off.
    He than asked me like "and whats ur rating loser?" , to which i responded with 2.3k. After about a minute of silence from him, he responds back with "well im not a pvp player". I told him how PvE is hard and pressing 2 button rotation makes him skilled. Than he just died to some trash and I refused to ress him, so he left.

INB4 bro story cool
    and? who cares? >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn View Post
    Two kids having an verbal e-penis battle isn't very funny.
    what he said. and while i will agree the just doing high dps doesn't make u good, especially if u are an arcane mage, but arena isn't the end all of skill. also, i second what the guy above me said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Do you realize that different classes require different skill levels in arena? And that some even require specific class combos?

Say what you will, but mage is one of the classes with hardest skill cap in PvP. Unless you have a character of the same class as the person you're laughing at, comparing arena rating is (pardon the language) idiotic and makes you look like an ignorant moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn View Post
    Two kids having an verbal e-penis battle isn't very funny.
    This exactly

10+ Year Old Account
    NO ONE CARES BRO, ALSO PVE > PVP. LET ME SEE UR HARDMODE CHEEVS SCRUB.

wait.. no..

POINTLESS POST BRO. ALSO EVERY1 KNOWS PVP > PVE SCRUB. HARDMODES R EZ. 2.3k RATING IS HARD.

am i doing it right?

I am pretty sure that mage would kill you in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Do you realize that different classes require different skill levels in arena? And that some even require specific class combos?

Say what you will, but mage is one of the classes with hardest skill cap in PvP. Unless you have a character of the same class as the person you're laughing at, comparing arena rating is (pardon the language) idiotic and makes you look like an ignorant moron.
    No. Mage does not have a very high skill cap in PvP or PvE. Also, many ppl play multiple classes in a variety of aspects of the game. So yes, you can have an opinion of multiple classes.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    So today I got HC HoL as my random heroic. When we got to the flame giant boss, an ICC geared mage with about 6k GS started spamming DPS meters to show his 1337 dps (he did 9.5k dps) and called us all garbage.
    Than I asked him "If you are so good, why dont you tell us your arena rating?". He than linked us his amazing 1750 achieve, to which I laughed my ass off.
    He than asked me like "and whats ur rating loser?" , to which i responded with 2.3k. After about a minute of silence from him, he responds back with "well im not a pvp player". I told him how PvE is hard and pressing 2 button rotation makes him skilled. Than he just died to some trash and I refused to ress him, so he left.

INB4 bro story cool
    Dude; for one what class was he? Second PvE and PvP are equal on the hard/easy scale. Third you throwing your 2.3k arena rating to a PvE'r just shows that your no better then he is when he says his dps is better then yours.

For next time keep your crap stories to yourself. Also its Cool story bro not Bro story cool.

COOL STORY BRO!
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Lightbulb

Oh, I forgot to mention that this thread is pointless and you all wasted 20 second of your life replying to it. Sorry!
    I'm getting paid for it. You?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so what's the funny part?

WTB more threads like this.

Deleted
    To tackle this in a more sophisticated manner rather than bashing you for being a PvPer:

Turn this around. Imagine you're BGing, and upon talking down on someone who doesn't perform as well as you (perhaps a healer who got you killed or a CCer who doesn't CC, irrelevant either way), he retorts: "Yeah, well, what's YOUR progress in Icecrown?". You state that you've killed 5 bosses in normal since you aren't a PvEer, and the guy starts laughing at you and links his heroic frostwing halls 25-man.

Do you see now how idiotic it is to bring in an entirely different playstyle in an argument where it doesn't belong? It's rhetorically wrong on so many levels and doesn't help you in any way other than to look like a complete jackass.

For the record: Yes, the mage was a stuck-up douchebag, and with 6k Gearscore on a 5-man boss he should have done way more as a mage (especially since he wanted to brag about it afterwards). However, you're no better yourself, bringing something as irrelevant as arena rating into it and feeling secure over having more than him, as well as talking down on PvE as a whole for no valid reason.

Incidentally, what does gearscore even have to do with this?
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2010-06-15 at 09:12 PM. Reason: minor typo

i was like LOLOLOLOL. then he was like OMGNOOBBB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    To tackle this in a more sophisticated manner rather than bashing you for being a PvPer:

Turn this around. Imagine you're BGing, and upon talking down on someone who doesn't perform as well as you (perhaps a healer who got you killed or a CCer who doesn't CC, irrelevant either way), he retorts: "Yeah, well, what's YOUR progress in Icecrown?". You state that you've killed 5 bosses in normal since you aren't a PvPer, and the guy starts laughing at you and links his heroic frostwing halls 25-man.

Do you see now how idiotic it is to bring in an entirely different playstyle in an argument where it doesn't belong? It's rhetorically wrong on so many levels and doesn't help you in any way other than to look like a complete jackass.

For the record: Yes, the mage was a stuck-up douchebag, and with 6k Gearscore on a 5-man boss he should have done way more as a mage (especially since he wanted to brag about it afterwards). However, you're no better yourself, bringing something as irrelevant as arena rating into it and feeling secure over having more than him, as well as talking down on PvE as a whole for no valid reason.

Incidentally, what does gearscore even have to do with this?
    I agree with this^

Just thought I would mention that since it was the only sensible and intelligent argument in here that didn't just flame OP or the Mage
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

Gear score isn't an addon ... it's a drug ...

wow, this was a riveting tale. you sure told him.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, if I understand correctly...

An elitist was bragging (fail).

Someone doing a PvE, however laughably easy it is, LFG started trying to compare PvP as if it had any relevance (fail).

The elitist "died" (passive voice: not sure if there's more here to laugh at) due to trash... and the PvPer refused to do his job and rez him (serious fail).

No clue why you thought this was post-worthy: all I see is fail. In a heroic, I don't care what your PvP is - it's irrelevant. What I do care about is whether you can do your job. The mage apparently could (even if he was a condescending braggart); you couldn't.