Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    From what I remember of this, all other bosses, the gear they drop is divided up in 2-3+ groups.
    The gear that they drop is one random item from each group.

The Lich King only drops weapons, which are all on the same group.
    When he dies, the gear dropped is 2 random picks from one group.

...or something like that.
    Believe this is your answer, but I've never actually seen dual drops happen in all my years of raiding other than tier tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Technical reason is likely that he has only 2 loot tables (tier token+weapon). Since 25man raids are set up to drop a certain number of items (which is specific to the boss), Lich King has a 4 item loot limit. 2 of these items need to be Tokens, with 2 items being dropped from his "normal" loot list. since the only loot he drops is all in the same category (weapons) there is a higher probability that he will drop multiple of the same item. If he only dropped weapons AND...say...trinkets? The double dropping would likely all but disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had this happen a couple of times as well. But it's nothing all that unusual.

I remember Eredar Twins dropping two of the same item as well way back when we did Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronics View Post
    yes, we had 2 crossbows on a kill once. with 0 hunters, rogues or warriors.
    Quite an intereasting kill that must have been considering rogues and warriors are pretty good at stunning val'kyrs
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

It only seems to happen on LK and with tokens in icecrown citadel. The multiple loot tables theory appears to be correct as far as I can tell.

It happened for the first time for me on LK10 for me last night, we had 2x tainted twig, I was the only person who could use it for main spec but I already have better. One went to the offspec of a boomkin trial and the other was nuked.

Very rare indeed, have only seen it about 5 times in the 4 years I'm playing.
    Cake!

15+ Year Old Account
    the first kill from paragon (the normal one, IIRC) was a dual oathbinder. damn luckers.

we've had double fal'in rush this reset :P had doubles b4 aswell. hateeeeee

It's a revenge tactic, basically "You want to kill me? Here's two of the same item you don't need."

its not so rare, ive seen it happen 3-4 times

We had double Oathbinder 2 weeks ago followed by our most recent double Glorenzelg.

had 2 of the spell power maces last night

it happend quite often to me 2 times in 10man and 1 time in 25man.

it is because all weapons are on the same drop-pool so it is rnd which 2 weapons drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, seems to happen quite alot. Pretty anoying, especialy if its a piece nobody in the raid needs...

It's happened a lot to me over the years. Like people have said it wasn't that uncommon to happen in Vanilla, I remember onyxia and rags dropping double items. I've seen double drops in VoA, and just like your LK kill we saw 2 1-h axes a few weeks ago.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    it`s working that way since Vanilla .Ragnaros dropping 2x Stormrage leggings 4 weeks in a row , same goes to Onyxia back @ 60 , even Nefarian was dropping double lewts i remember seeing couple times dropping 2x 1h axe err.. crul'shoSOMETHING

Quote Originally Posted by Maronics View Post
    yes, we had 2 crossbows on a kill once. with 0 hunters, rogues or warriors.
    You deserve it for not having rogues in your raid :'(
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver