Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    Be honest.

Sort of.

Tell him that its obvious that the two of you are getting angry at each other over a video game, and that you dont want something as stupid as WoW and Arenas to interfere with your important RL friendship.

I mean, who does?

And on that note, say that the two of you should arena occasionally for fun, but competitively with other people.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

take him to dinner and sit him down look at him and tell him you dont think this is working anymore and that you should just stay friends.

try it like this: "dude, i don't want to play arena with you anymore."

people are strange...

I noticed that you were a belf male.
    I also noticed that belf male is looking kinda gay, perhaps he is gay and if you sexchange he'll simply leave you.

15+ Year Old Account
    No warrior in the 2v2 team in the op's armory so I guess he stood up to the guy and told him the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Struggle: He's bad, you don't want to do arena with him anymore.
    Solution: Just tell him.

Seriously, this might sound harsh but, if you don't want to play with him because he's really that bad, and if he does not understand your reasoning behind it, he either doesn't know he's really that bad or he just isn't a real friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Struggle: He's bad, you don't want to do arena with him anymore.
    Solution: Just tell him.

Seriously, this might sound harsh but, if you don't want to play with him because he's really that bad, and if he does not understand your reasoning behind it, he either doesn't know he's really that bad or he just isn't a real friend.
    A real friend? Yet he doesnt want to play with him because he cant win as often, you play to enjoy yourself not to win. If anything the OP isn't a real friend.

How do you tell him? Tell him straight up in the face. He's just not at par with you.

Edit: Hoho forgot the important part

Tell him it in a friendly way. Say, tell him you'll arena with him if he manages to get 2k rating with another player.

15+ Year Old Account
    i had this same issue with a friend early in Wrath. we wanted to try hunter/resto, but this was after hunters and explosive shot got nerfed.

he would complain about getting LoSed, but didn't have wingclip on his bars and at first wasn't speccing into entrapment.

i knew he wasn't very good in arena, but on top of all of it, he had a really bad temper and would rage quit very easily and just had an arena attitude that was not fun at all to play with.

i would always tell him, it's not you, it's our comp and 2s are fubar. then they removed titles and what not from 2s and he quit the game and i quit arena.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15 View Post
    A real friend? Yet he doesnt want to play with him because he cant win as often, you play to enjoy yourself not to win. If anything the OP isn't a real friend.
    Well, if you've got mad skills to go up to 3k, and your friend is plain retarded and can't get passed 700, it's better for both of you to play with someone of his/her and your own skill.

Besides, winning more is usually more fun aswell (especially in a game), up untill the point you're winning 90% of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let your RL friend know that playing with him means less to you than excelling at a video game

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame it on your self then leave and say sorry problem solved

Deleted
    Just say your combo is bad for your gamestyle...don't be a dramaqueen. Its not like in gindergarden where he hates you if you don't share a toy with him.

Just be honest, hes an idiot if he can't handle it.

My friend and I stopped doing arenas together because we simply didn't operate the same way. Our playstyles were completely different so thats what I told him. He agreed, so yeah. He got a new partner and I got a new partner. Pew pew
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Well, if you've got mad skills to go up to 3k, and your friend is plain retarded and can't get passed 700, it's better for both of you to play with someone of his/her and your own skill.

Besides, winning more is usually more fun aswell (especially in a game), up untill the point you're winning 90% of them.
    Makes no difference if he has skill or not, I essentially enjoy arena with close friends than some stranger that is awesome at what he does.

Winning is fun yes, but playing arena with a friend is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Let your RL friend know that playing with him means less to you than excelling at a video game
    Now here is the 100% honest thing to say, if that is what you're aiming for
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    join a good 3v3 team, and just do 2s with him for fun. you can worry about being competitive, gaining rating and gear from your "real" team and just goof off and have fun with your friend as you should be doing.
    definately this

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell him that you want to play a more viable comp.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
    AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry, just had to

Ragequit
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.