Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMethuselah View Post
    Understood. It's a Ford vs Chevy argument... everyone has an opinion.
    Exactly. But really, Corvettes and Camaros > Mustangs and Vipers anyday.

That's why I made a new DK on an Alliance-heavy realm, just to get back to my Ally roots.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying out Horde and regretting it for the same reason as you're regretting Alliance. It depends on the server.
    I am a filthy casual!

15+ Year Old Account
    So you switched to a more heavily populated side.. Yeah your going to see more trolls because your going to see more people.

Example, The US compared to Vatican City.. Where are you going to find more jerks? a country the size of a continent (Yes I know about the top half stfu ) or a country that's .2 Square miles in area?

There is no magic racial that attracts dicks to the Alliance or Horde.. Anytime you put anyone, any age behind a computer they get a sense of power and occasionally abuse it by trolling. Hell.. If I see some dude picking on someone going "LOLUMAD" In RL I don't say "wait, he needs to be banned!" I get out of there and contact someone who isn't 5'4 and weak

To be honest, I don't think really that the alliance is that much worse than thehorde. There is morons & retards on every realm and on both factions. And on some realms there are more than on the others. At least on Dentarg alliance players have been much more nicer than the horde guys I've met on Deathwing (Dentarg alliance side is dead nowadays, though.)

It's matter to getting used to new environment :/

P.S. To clear things up, I've played majority of my WoW "career" as horde (created my first alliance character after reaching level 80 on my horde main character back then.)
    Last edited by Tremelizzer; 2010-06-15 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically go from guild to guild a lot...but most of the time, there usually aren't many kids. Try sticking to more of guilds and friends instead of pugs. Then again, server pugs are sometimes pleasant....but try to stick with friends, it's more fun with friends too. And if you can't find a good guild? Start your own.

it all depends on the server you play.

for example, i play in so-and-so server. the alliance side has MOST of the top guilds, so the horde side is pretty miserable.

i have an alt in yadda-and-yadda server that is completely horde dominated, so being alliance there is terrible.

this idea of "that whole faction is made of twats" is nothing but a myth. i met both amazing and terrible players in both sides.

for short: choose your server more carefully next time, twat.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets say a server has 1000 ppl

lets say 200 ppl are dumb and stupid

lets say 85% of that server is dominated by 1 faction

which side has more idiots

also it depends on server, doomhammer is kinda the same for both sides and the alliance way out numbers horde

Well, if you have a problem with idiots. Type this in - /leave 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhale View Post
    So:

Alliance Players = Lawyers, Bank Owners, Doctors - IRL
    Horde Players = Mac'Donalds guy, Starbucks toilet cleaner, student.

amadoinitright?

/sarcasmoff

I lol'd, IRL ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMethuselah View Post
    Understood. It's a Ford vs Chevy argument... everyone has an opinion.
    one error with this statement. Chevy is better regardless of what anyone thinks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    And I hate it, most of my guild and RL friends moved, dunno about them but I hate it, really a case of the grass is greener, The PUGs are better, and the population is in our favour on my server (85%) so we win WG pretty much all the time but whats the point when the majority of people are just... stubborn, argumentative and just plain ignorant? Typical sods law.

Anyone else had experience with the so called 'immaturity' of Alliance players, or is it just me and a negative stereotype?
    It might be just a bad server.. Well come to think of it 85% is alliance?? there's your problem the more players there are the greater chance there will be more rude players.
    *Edit* Heh i should read all posts a user already pointed that out way before me sorry.
    Last edited by sharpy; 2010-06-16 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranna View Post
    If 85% of your servers population play alliance it seems kinda logical that you will find more annoying people there.
    this.. on my server there are heaps of idiots running around on both sides, but there does seem to be more on alliance, but thats just because theres more people who play on alliance side and horde are constantly making trolls on alliance side and start flame wars in trade. it all depends on the server...oh and TBH ive run into way more wannabe gangster jackass 13 year old white kids on horde that think they are tough IRL because they managed to master the warlock class in pvp.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

In the words of South Park, "This is the way the world works,if you want to find some quality friends you got to wade through all the d**ks first."

Its just like server transfering.. once you get over the differences it can be rather enjoyable. alliance/horde really has nothing to do with it unless as you state the population is drastically in favor of one another.

In my 5 years experience, it depends on the server. For ex, on grim batol, ally is a bunch of kids, on turalyon, ally has the most mature and cool people i've met on the internet. Ofc there are ignorant fools and kids and stuff, but the only thing that makes ppl say horde is more mature is because "they look like monsters" so kids want horsies and humans, and tiny-winy gnomes. As far as i'm concearned the only good thing of being horde is the troll's racial on casters. But then, you got gnome's racial, and for ex on mages with end game gear, gives a considerable amount of sp. So instead of having an abil that you can activatre every now and then, you survive more mana starvation and get x extra sp the whole fight, so the argument horde has better racials isnt just right.

About stubborness, i've never seen such stubborn bastards as these hordes on turalyon (notice that im ally) that aafter you kill them in wg, and after you win, they will try to avenge their death, only resulting in more death.

Last point: On the servers the horde population is lower than ally, horde seem to be more mature, why, because kids dont wanna play on a faction that looses voa all the time and gets raped in numbers / battlegroup, so they just change to ally, leaving only mature players there.

these are my oppins at least, i like both horde and ally, and both have shat within, just on different ammounts by region/ server.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhale View Post
    So:

Alliance Players = Lawyers, Bank Owners, Doctors - IRL
    Horde Players = Mac'Donalds guy, Starbucks toilet cleaner, student.

amadoinitright?

/sarcasmoff
    So what your saying is that alliance players are all slimeballs, crooks, and quacks?

hmmm, okay, I'll buy into that. ;-)
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

its not always the kids who are annoying.
    one of the best tanks i new in my old server and guild (going back to vanilla here) was 10 years old at the time.

i had a similar experience to the OP in vanilla but i went, horde -> alliance -> horde
    in the end though, all that matters is finding a good group of like minded individuals and just have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much server/expectations. Come to lightbringer we proudly have equal number of retards on both factions!!

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    And I hate it, most of my guild and RL friends moved, dunno about them but I hate it, really a case of the grass is greener, The PUGs are better, and the population is in our favour on my server (85%) so we win WG pretty much all the time but whats the point when the majority of people are just... stubborn, argumentative and just plain ignorant? Typical sods law.

Anyone else had experience with the so called 'immaturity' of Alliance players, or is it just me and a negative stereotype?
    85% of your server is alliance side, that means theoretically 85% of your servers morons are alliance side.

Will you see more immature people alliance side? Depends on whether the server favors more people on alliance side, if 85% of the people were horde then you'd see more idiots on horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    On darkspear eu depends a bit most people are quite nice but darkspear is not for nothing called "Dramaspear" xD so far i know (not FCed) alliance old/young both equally immature(not always tho lol)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadsmarties View Post
    Will you see more immature people alliance side? Depends on whether the server favors more people on alliance side, if 85% of the people were horde then you'd see more idiots on horde.
    ^ /this pretty mutch
    Last edited by schippie; 2010-06-16 at 03:19 AM.