Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post

also

No. There hasn't been. PvP isn't balanced around 1v1.
    DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY 2K+ RATED PLAYERS THERE ARE?!
    Yes there has been, you dont know every event that has happened. I know pvp isnt balanced around 1v1 im not a tard, but look at the title just incase you cant read it which im pretty sure you cant, IT SAYS BEST 1V1 PVP CLASS NOT OMG THIS IS THE ARENA SERIOUS FACE THREAD.

rogue does not take affliction or shadow down easily. It's not an impossible duel, but it can still be viciously difficult
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hear holy-specced rogues are best.

Realistically, though, as others have stated: rock, paper, scissors. There really isn't one all-powerful class/spec out there.

My suggestion would be rogue, to be honest: if you're looking for revenge ganking, the ability to stealth and choose the time/place of your attack is pretty nice.

Have you considered trying dueling with each of the classes outside of Orgimmar/Ironforge (depending) and seeing which one "feels" best? Individual playstyle can go a LONG way towards how "good" someone is.

Quote Originally Posted by themiller View Post
    Yes there has been, you dont know every event that has happened. I know pvp isnt balanced around 1v1 im not a tard, but look at the title just incase you cant read it which im pretty sure you cant, IT SAYS BEST 1V1 PVP CLASS NOT OMG THIS IS THE ARENA SERIOUS FACE THREAD.
    Fuck you. There has been no such event. You are full of shit.

Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by docquantum View Post
    i hear holy-specced rogues are best.

Realistically, though, as others have stated: Rock, paper, scissors. There really isn't one all-powerful class/spec out there.

My suggestion would be rogue, to be honest: If you're looking for revenge ganking, the ability to stealth and choose the time/place of your attack is pretty nice.

Have you considered trying dueling with each of the classes outside of orgimmar/ironforge (depending) and seeing which one "feels" best? Individual playstyle can go a long way towards how "good" someone is.
    this

Either Rogues or Frost mages. Rogues aren't OP, people just don't know how to handle them. Frost mages, however, are a little out of control.

Starcaller Moonthunder of Shadow Council

Currently NOT taking signature/avatar requests.
    Queue:0

Will set up a 'my work' photobucket when I do more

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest and Frost mage would be your best bet currently. A well played rogue with full cooldowns is by far the worst, but (no offense) I doubt you would be able to play it at this caliber, since very few can.

Most classes are rock paper scissors to an extent though. Should really just play what you enjoy.

A well played insect swarm druid will destroy a mage or rogue eventually, shadow priests oom so quick that most healers who can play will just out heal the dmg stay defensive oom him then kill him. ID say blood spec dks with biblical self healing and IS druids are def up there, prot warriors played well too can wreck about 90% of classes

Frost Mage
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest

imo in that order

Id say the one that Fedor Emelianenko plays. And he's a warrior dual-wielding legendaries.
    and then goes resto druid, mage and a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    A well played insect swarm druid will destroy a mage or rogue eventually, shadow priests oom so quick that most healers who can play will just out heal the dmg stay defensive oom him then kill him. ID say blood spec dks with biblical self healing and IS druids are def up there, prot warriors played well too can wreck about 90% of classes
    My main's a Prot Warrior, no resi and only Emblem/Heroic gear. I've face-raped many classes, had a hell of a lot of trouble with Paladins though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    My main's a Prot Warrior, no resi and only Emblem/Heroic gear. I've face-raped many classes, had a hell of a lot of trouble with Paladins though.
    Hmm pallies should be easy as prot really, ret especially, prot ret depends on how you play and holy can take forever to beat depending on there gear setup

Quote Originally Posted by Donya View Post
    If a shadowpriest knows what he is doing, rogue should be always biting the dust. Also there is no hard counters for a shadowpriest that they would be afraid of to duel. So I'm going to say sp.
    Unholy dk :P

lolret in pre-wotlk

a rogue should not beat a spriest unless he severely outgears/outplays him. 1100 resil or better, easy win for a spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
    a rogue should not beat a spriest unless he severely outgears/outplays him. 1100 resil or better, easy win for a spriest.
    Depends on how often envenom decides to crit but basically yeh, it shouldn't lose.
    Anyhow, Fmages are very good at 1 vs 1, but locks with a clue and of both 'viable' specs should deal with 'm quite easily. Can't say there's really one class that beats all and everything. Perhaps healers, but hey, those can't kill a ret for example.

Quote Originally Posted by elira View Post
    As shadow i just love hunters^^

Disarm them at the beginning dot them when disarm wears of they are under 50% hp and use the parry-thing(how is it called in english ?) and die because it doesn't help against dots :P
    I love fighting shadow priests as BM, pop beastial wrath and im immune to your disarm and i just rip you apart
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

Deleted
    frost mage and nothing else , good unholy dk is unkillable too

There are no best classes, just easier classes.

Depends on what you want to do.

In arena and bgs(if geared) affliction warlocks are pain in the a.
    Dots dots doing insane damage(im not going to whine but criting dots is a stupid idea...) while you heal yourself alot. And afflis have voidwalkers, which gives them a 10k? damage shield every min, which can be used to counter a rogue after he wastes cos and vanish when you throw a dot on him. Soul link absorbs tons of damage.

Arms warriors are also over the top if geared. Does not seem to lose any life and gives you a hard life. But the CC makes me wana nerdrage. I have a relentless warrior myself.
    And yes, im OTT. 85% MS for the win.

Well most people say that ele shamans and rogues are good in pvp, but nah. If ele shaman are the target or rogues vanish fails, your dead in 2 seconds.
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

10+ Year Old Account
    i can beat just about every frost mage and shadow priest 1v1 in duel out there
    im feral druid btw, asusming i have all cooldowns up, shadow priests have 0 chance, berserk > shadow priest

to handle frost mages i just spam...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] !Dire Bear Form
    /cast [stance:2] !Aquatic Form
    /cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
    /cast [stance:4] !Travel Form
    /cast [stance:5] !Tree of Life

...the moment they nova me so i dont get stunned. even if i do, Primal tenacity + barkskin + 1200 resil and 32k hps > mage
    rogs are hard, but u just goto outlive their cooldowns and not waste trinket on stuns (use on blind) then they drop in few crits

EDIT: at the end of the day its all comes down to who uses cooldowns wiser
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2010-06-18 at 11:40 AM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø