15+ Year Old Account

[HOLY] Deep Renew Spec and Renew Glyph

Dear all,
    i'm an holy priest that use a deep renew spec, renew spam + coh + poh + pom. We are 9/12 ICC25hm.

I got a simple question: looking at some Wol Report i saw a lot of holy priest with very hight HPS that doesnt use the Renew Glyph.
    So my question is if without the renew glyph i can have more hps, and if is possible to have some maths about it.

Cheers
    PS - as always sorry for my poor english
    Last edited by Powerlamer; 2010-06-17 at 07:53 AM. Reason: gramma

10+ Year Old Account
    Link to maths: http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t83203-w...8/#post1531028

Basically GoR heals for less overall, but heals faster, but you can only roll 10 instead of 15 maximum.

In short there's not much use / reason to use GoR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks Mercury for the link and the answer ;-)

Renew Glyph is terrible for PvE, don't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

As others have said, renew glyph is pretty bad in PvE. I used to have it but then switched to PoH glyph. I don't use PoH much but it still is a better glyph than renew.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep this evening i'll change it with the GS one.

The point of HoTs is to tick a slow and steady heal, right? If you need big bolstery 5k Renew ticks then you have a variety of other spells to use.

There's really nothing wrong with HoTs ticking for more. Huge Renew ticks are in fact nice. It's an issue of compression really. It's the same reason Haste pulls ahead of Spellpower. Using the Renew glyph compresses your healing. You heal for the same amount, but to fewer targets. That leads to more over-healing and less overall stability. It's the same reason the Rapid Rejuv glyph sucks for raid healing in 25 mans. Rapid Rejuv is a much better glyph, but even that reduces the number of targets greatly (from 18 max to 12 max). Great for 10 mans where you don't have more than 12 targets anyway, but gobshyte in 25s.

The Renew glyph would become pretty strong when combined with some of the things Blizzard has mentioned about Cataclysm. Namely haste/crit scaling and the recently released talent trees showing that rolling Renew on a tank may be possible. In that case you'd have a 25% stronger Renew, but without having to recast.

9/11 HM u guys have 1 less boss then the rest of us?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finnalblow View Post
    9/11 HM u guys have 1 less boss then the rest of us?
    yep, we dont have Lootship Battle