Thread: Sexism in WoW

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Sexism in WoW

Hello.

I showed my sister (who is a feminist) World of Warcraft. She was disgusted at the women of World of Warcraft looked like Barbie dolls.
    She created a Human female Mage, because she apparently likes to conjure water. I showed her the /silly emote and that was probably a large mistake.
    She was rather pissed about the joke "Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?", to say the least.
    But she wanted to hear more and got the joke "I can't find anywhere to get my nails done" joke right after. She was furious. I calmed her down and showed her the spells of a Mage.

She picked up a quest and started to kill the wolves. She works for PETA and she was not content about the contents of this game.

She quitted.

Anyone experienced the same thing? I think it's kind of silly that it is like this. My sister opened my eyes.

Your sis needs to calm down.

youre sister is stupid

and she works for peta ? lol ..

If shes angry over a human female, never show her the blood elf female. Its even worse with the female jokes about getting facials and whatnot.

your sister needs to get laid .... can i say that here or will i feel the wrath of the ban hammer

Because video games should share the same views as a few select people?
    My sister is an openly gay feminist and plays this game more than I do.

Tell your sister to not be such an uptight ... well, you get where I'm going.
    No offense, but seriously, it's a game, lighten up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi I'm here getting trolled but it is worth it to laugh at the idea of a person being like that. "RAWR THIS GAME HAS PRETTY THINGS IN IT! RAWR THIS IS WRONG WHY AM I KILLING WOLVES IN A GAME"

And if this is legit, I feel sorry for you to have a sister like that and I hope you don't have to spend much time with her.

The men in WoW are just as ridiculous and unnatural as the women. Moreover, sounds like she's acting surprised. Has she seen anything in pop culture in the last decade? It's pretty silly to act like WoW is somehow unique in this.

...and I'm not even going to get started on PETA

Only Sexist people see sexism where there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Boub and Deathwing have never been seen in the same room together. Jus sayin.

Blizzard much like family guy and southpark likes to play on social norms and poke fun at them. It's things like this that make a game great, it's also people like your sister that give sayings like "stick up your ass" meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by maleita View Post
    Only Sexist people see sexism where there is none.
    ..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    ...and I'm not even going to get started on PETA
    Have you been killing flies sir? Please think of their feelings and buy this bug catcher so you can release them back outside, so they can get stuck in your house again the next day.

Cool story, but yeah your sister has issues.

PETA lololollo

10+ Year Old Account
    game =/= real life. cod 6 shows Russians wiping a airport doesn't mean its saying for us to go and copy them? your sis sounds like a overzealous idiot, sexisim is engrained in a person due to there upbringing casual sexisim in a game is nothing to get worked up...and why is she not angry at BELF males come to think of it?
    Chow is my love monkey.

I agree, women are way too sexy, we should all play as hideous beasts!

This goes for real life, too.

Human females look like Barbie dolls? Seriously?

What does she want them to look like exactly? Other women who play the game are already complaining because the human females are too 'ugly' and not feminine enough. No one wants to play a fantasy character that looks like a fat slob... except maybe your sister, apparently.

And killing wolves... /facepalm
    Don't let her watch the Lord of the Rings, or even Twilight for that matter.
    And don't dare let her find out that HUMANS are also killed in the game! :O

Show her Borean Tundra, D.E.T.H.A. might win her over about the animals right stuff.

Apart from that, ya she needs to chill and remember it's a game

Feminism is sexism.

A guy claiming to be sexist is frowned upon. A girl claiming to be feminist is applauded.

Tell her to stop being a sexist pig and be an "equalitist", get over herself, and play a fantasy game as if it were a fantasy game and not real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    Never quite understood people playing humans. Isn't the point of a fantasy game to be something else not something you are irl, then again you dont exactly encounter dragons irl either unless you count my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    your sister needs to get laid .... can i say that here or will i feel the wrath of the ban hammer
    INCOMING THE BAN HAMMER /God knows realy, think your alright. but on topic. i think your sister needs to calm down... and maybe go back to the kitchen (badum tish) But yeah its abit sexist game but theres still females playing
    Geeza aka Parilla