Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    It did NOT violate the ToS. They broke it because they decided it was to powerful. Just like when they broke the dispel addon so many years ago.

So yea, I'd like to make it clear that the addon never violated the ToS. That just gives it a bad name. In reality, the author should be praised that he created an addon so powerful Blizzard deemed it to good.
    this:Originally Posted by Bashiok (Source)
    This is a notice that we’re making changes in 3.3.5 in attempts to break the ability for the AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) mod to continue functioning. For those unaware, this mod allows players to draw in the 3D space of the game world, which can then be shared with others who are also using the mod. In some cases this manifests itself through drawing/tagging/defacing the game world, but more popularly is used to give visual guides for dungeon and raid encounters.

We’re making this change for two reasons. The invasive nature of a mod altering and/or interacting with the game world (virtually or directly) is not intended and not something we will allow. World of Warcraft UI addons are never intended to interact with the game world itself. This is mirrored in our stance and restriction of model and texture alterations. The second reason is that it removes too much player reaction and decision-making while facing dungeon and raid encounters. While some other mods also work to this end, we find that AVR and the act of visualizing strategy within the game world simply goes beyond what we’re willing to allow.

The change we’re making in attempts to break the functionality is light in its touch and approach. When blocking any functionality we run the risk of affecting other mods, but we’ve targeted the changes as carefully as possible. If we find that the AVR mod (or any mod attempting to replicate its functions) are usable after 3.3.5 we will take further, more drastic steps.

It did brake the rules.

and to the OP i got the gslite addon myself but when pugging i don't care about the gs people have. If they are able to link an achie for the raid then it's fine for me, if they do't have achie i'm inspecting them and ask what the tactics are.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Everyone should use gearscore. It is useful tool for low gear people to see what others of their class use and lets them see how they stack up. I think many opponents of GS don't realize how much better gear others have. It is also very useful for puggers and lets you avoid overly ambitious raid leaders and the chance that you'll get saved to a failed raid.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Went through this again today. Who the fuck wants 5k gs for a TOC run. I told them, I Have been on my main and im experienced. They tell me "Bring your main then." I don't need gear on my main. For fuck sakes.
    So essentially you are saying some idiot tried to form a group for ToC 10 with the requirements of having gear that exceeds anything that will drop in theat instance. Yes it is unrealistic. But is it a problem? Well to you maybe - but it's not a GS problem. It's not something that anyone can fix. It's called player stupidity. Pretty sure the RL will either have an item he is farming - and wants other people to do the hard work. Or he is undergeared and wants carrying. Either way I wouldn't want to touch this raid with your...

People keep confusing GS with stupidity. Stupidity has been around a lot longer than GS

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy View Post
    so essentially you are saying some idiot tried to form a group for toc 10 with the requirements of having gear that exceeds anything that will drop in theat instance. Yes it is unrealistic. But is it a problem? Well to you maybe - but it's not a gs problem. It's not something that anyone can fix. It's called player stupidity. Pretty sure the rl will either have an item he is farming - and wants other people to do the hard work. Or he is undergeared and wants carrying. Either way i wouldn't want to touch this raid with your...

People keep confusing gs with stupidity. Stupidity has been around a lot longer than gs
    amen......