Thread: User ratings

User ratings

Just curious if it is possible to have a rating in which readers could rate the validity or relevence of a post on a 1-10 or 5 star scale on the forums. Make it so the average number in which others rate the poster is put underneath their name in all the posts so we could instantly see the credibility of the poster. I think more people would think twice before posting "cool story bro" or "fail" pictures and instead try to post something with good ideas or suggestions relating to the original post.

Obviously, people would have to be mature with the system and rate what they truly believe the post should get or else the numbers would be scewed (maybe only moderators could rate topics which they deem credible or troll). If someone posts like a two line reply with no real back up info they could be rewarded with 1-2 stars for staying on topic while someone with a detail explaination about the topic and their ideas on it could be reward 5. Those who wish to reply with "you mad bro?" get zero. Over time you'd be able to tell right off the bat by looking at their average rating who is usually the forum troll and who is the more mature person who really puts fourth their on topic ideas in a thread. This system will basically create credibility amongst the MMO Champ community.

It's just an idea I believe would in a way combat the ever increasing amount of trolls and irrelevant replies. I don't even know if this is possible with the new forums but Id like to know if it is and what people think about this idea.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

15+ Year Old Account
    This particular thing is currently under debate. They are still tring to figure out how they are gonna do it

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    This particular thing is currently under debate. They are still tring to figure out how they are gonna do it
    I think you're going to get his hopes up too high.

I believe they already have this system, yet slightly more compact.
    There's a scale from 1 to 2, where 1 means you're banned for trolling/using stupid phrases like "cool story bro" and 2 means he's not a total fucktard and is still allowed to post.

But I really don't see the relevance of this for a discussion board. As the great wise have said: Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and all of them stink. Either you get banned for trolling or it's an opinion, I doubt ratings bring much of worth to this.
    Last edited by Panoramixe; 2010-06-16 at 09:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Wait...
    What???
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Wait...
    What???
    I think i got what he wants confused with something else.....

You meant post ranks, perhaps, dark side?
    I surely am sick of senior member already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    You meant post ranks, perhaps, dark side?
    I surely am sick of senior member already.
    Thats it, that and forum titles.