Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    hmmm i think we will have to see how it ends playing out.

...The gear isn't the deciding factor of which you decide to run primarily.

The deciding factor, at least for me, is that i can flex my massive eCock more in 25 mans, because I'll be fully raid buffed as opposed to partially buffed.
    its the same thing in 25/10 mans right now, because hardly any of the buffs are changing, except for 13% spell damage going to 6%, but thats pretty moot because at this point even a 10 man raid HAS to have 13% spell damage, or youre just failing off the bat.

10 man: 10k
    25 man: 12k
    i like doing 12k dps more than i like doing 10k, cause the numbers are bigger. I dont play this game for purples, but theyre nice, I play it to see huge ass numbers on my screen, cause thats what I like. and dont lie to yourselves, most of you like it too.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&n=Bro

Quote Originally Posted by ownager View Post
    Well thats plainly wrong. Assume equally distributed items. Then getting 1 Item out of 20 has the probability of 1/20. The dropping chance of at least one of this particular item in two dropping items is one minus the chance it doesn't drop. Under independence assumption this 1 - 19/20*19/20 = 0.0975 (~9,7%) which is not 10%. For the 25 example this would result into 1 - (19/20)^5 = 0.226219062 (~22%).

These are nice calculations, and under your assumptions the right ones. But we all know blizzard does not equally distribute items for drops. They say like one slot is 1 of 5 weapons where each weapon has its own probability (all 5 add up to one) and the same for the second slot. So calculations about the probability of getting an item must be based on boss.

By your logic, a Boss who drops 20 Random Items out of 20, one particular item would have the chance of 100% to drop, which isn't true. You can draw 20 equally distributed numbers out of {0,1,2,...,19} and would not be getting all the numbers, some could be drawn more than once.
    I do realize that it is slightly more complex statistically than I originally presented but even then the core of my post remains very true. The only exception really might be some DPS if the 25 man makeup was really unbalanced but even then it would be no slower, and still faster for the other DPS, tanks and healers so the raid as a whole will gear up much quicker.

So after 4-6 weeks of farming 25 what is going to keep all 25 intrested? If after a month the guild breaks into 3 10 mans, what is the driving force to ever go back to 25?

I will be intrested to see how this system works.

Your title is not related to your post.. The title is wrong. The post is based on your opinion.

As a 10 man raider - I can tell you this idea is pretty flawed.. Dual spec isn't taken into consideration.. In which case double the ammount of loot is needed.
    Cake!

There's too much that is unclear about it at this point. For example, will they enable multiple drops of the same (non tier token) item from a single kill in 25 man? If not then 25 man will potentially mean you will get critical items such as trinkets slower than in 10 man.