Thread: Original manual

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Page 54, "Class Skills"

Your class skills, which determine the effectiveness of your class spells and abilities, do not automatically improve when you level up. Instead, they improve as you use them. However, the skill cap you have in a class skill does increase when you gain a level. For example, as a first level priest, your maximum skill level in holy magic is five. As you cast holy spells, your holy skill level will eventually max out at five points, until you advance to the next level and your holy magic skill cap increases.

Lots of other interesting relics from beta are in there, too.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha wow has evolved so much since then
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex View Post
    I don't know if DKs were in the manual, but I do know they WERE scrapped at the last minute back then.
    I read once they were supposed to be shield-wearing melee DPS. Kind of like prot warriors are now in pvp: "Spam that shield slam!" And it wasn't quite last minute they were scrapped. Dwarf mages was last minute. DK's were removed in the Alpha.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

xp penalty for spirit ress.

The manual also states that asking a spirit healer to ressurect you will result in loss of xp.

"If you ask the ghost healer to ressurect you, you will loose a significant portion of experience."