Thread: Retri healers?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Retri healers?

THIS THREAD REGARDS VALITHRIA DREAMWALKER ENCOUNTER

Hi, I just wanted to ask for your guys opinions. Are retri healers, quite possibly, the best healers around for Valithria?

Basically healing in full retri strenght gear or if you have any really good + enchanted holy gear ( Any agility needs to be swapped for spellpower )

You also ofc take libram, weapons and trinkets from holy

I just came back from a normal 10 man run, and without even trying to hard ( using 2 healers, priest and me ), I did 28k hps, in 10 man normal.
    And this was without proper retri heal spec, glyphs or flask

I remember back in the 5% buff when we lacked healers for 25 man, so I went and tried to retri heal ( My first time ), and dashed up around 38k hps.

I'm figuring that a retri could easily pull 50-70k hps in 25 man. And I am quite confident a retri could solo heal Valithria 25, maybe even heroic mode, ending up on about 100k hps ( since it really build towards the end, and if you are solo healing the boss will live longer. )

Whats your guys experience of retri healers?
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2010-06-17 at 03:52 PM.

I'm sorry man but that seems awfully hard to swallow. Do you have a parse showing this?

Deleted
    Gonna ask to solo heal Valithria 25 next week. Will keep log from that.

When I had 20 stacks of that buff in 10 man normal with 2 healers
    ( When the dragon was healed to full )
    My sheat of light was ticking 350k per tick
    Guessing with around 30-40 stacks it would tick 800-900k

I dunno if sheat of light is procced by Lay on Hands, but if you get lucky and get a lay on hand crit and it does proc sheat of light, you would instantly heal the dragon to full in any heroic mode ( Only guessing but sheat of light should make a good 5kk heal per tick then )

And as I said before, those tries were not done in proper retri heal specs. Could easily pull alot more and with some experiment it could get insane.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2010-06-17 at 09:25 AM.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering is, if the healing buff works with the heal DS gives. Maybe with 2p t10 you could do alright keeping a 10 man group up.
    Everyone's insane but me...

Deleted
    Keeping a 10 group up? Could do that with flash of light :P. Fairly confident it could be possible to solo heal Vali25hc.¨'

Just spam holy light all the way and its win
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2010-06-17 at 09:32 AM.

yes, procs from LoH
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

in ret spec and gear i crit lay on hands with no stacks for around 80k, and sheath procs for about 17k each hit, in holy gear it would be ungodly.

Deleted
    Ye, and seeing as a 20 stacked Holy Light crit makes Sheat of light tick 350k, cant imagine a 30-40 stack lay on hand crit.

So correct me if I'm wrong with this napkin math but based on what you're saying...

350k sheath of light ticks, sheath ticks four times so that's 1,400,000 total. Sheath = 60% of the heal over 12 seconds so 1.4 million * 1.4 = a 1,960,000 original holy light. Now I'm kinda bad with how percentages work but, with 20 stacks 1.96 million would be only 200% of what the original unbuffed holy light would have been... which I think is 1.96 mill divided by 3. So you can heal for ~650,000 unbuffed holy lights as ret spec? Are you smoking crack or what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam View Post
    So correct me if I'm wrong with this napkin math but based on what you're saying...

350k sheath of light ticks, sheath ticks four times so that's 1,400,000 total. Sheath = 60% of the heal over 12 seconds so 1.4 million * 1.4 = a 1,960,000 original holy light. Now I'm kinda bad with how percentages work but, with 20 stacks 1.96 million would be only 200% of what the original unbuffed holy light would have been... which I think is 1.96 mill divided by 3. So you can heal for ~650,000 unbuffed holy lights as ret spec? Are you smoking crack or what?
    Remember the ICC 20% buff, it both increases the holy light + sheat of light heal, + the stacks also increase the sheat of light heal, not only holy light.

Since your holy light is increased by x%, sheat of light heals x more. Then the sheat of light is increased by x% aswell.

Same goes with any talents etc.

I'm not a math pro, just seen it in practice, and with all buffs, sheat of light is really bugged. The holy light hits for about 100-200k depending on stacks. But the sheat of light will tick at about 350k at that point.

So basically, you got your holy light crit, it crits maybe 15-20k raid buffed ( Without ICC BUFF )
    Now that gets increased to about 150k, at about 20 stacks on Valithria, thats a 1000% increase.
    60% of 150k = 90k

90k * 1000% = 900k

Now, I am no expert in how sheat of light scales with spell power, if it crits etc etc. But I'm sure there are some other hidden mechanics that increase the sheat of light.

Let me get the scale I roughly had.

No portal - Sheat of light ticked about 3-5k
    1 portal - Didn't check.
    2 portal - Sheat of light around 40k
    3 portals - Sheat of light around 120k
    4 portals - Sheat of light at 350k
    Then boss got healed to full, me ending up on 28k hps and the holy priest on about 12k hps, in a normal 10 man run.

Couldn't check this week in heroic since I had to tank, and we had 3 other healers.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2010-06-17 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Untill you provide a log showing this I call BS.

Wow that's crazy... it looks like sheath gets to double dip both the ICC buff and the Vali portal buff. Neato!

Deleted
    Trying to get my guild to allow me heal Vali25 solo. Would be nice to be 1st place on WoL

It was especially funny in my old guild when we discovered this on the 5% buff.

Basically, we had like 3 healers in the 25 run. So I said, well, I can try heal as retri ( Since on previous attempts I had been standing outside, just healing the dragon whenever I could because there was nothing to dps, had been doing like 4-5k hps then ).

So our guildmaster ( That was a holy pally ) was quite confident he could solo heal, so he said, why not, so me and him went portals.

Gosh , was he suprised when I on my first try ( I even lost stacks towards the end ), topped him on healing done.
    He was on 36k and I was on 38k hps. And he couldn't for the sake of it realise how that was possible.

I had some good laughs at him. And now with the 20% buff instead of the 5%, the scaling is just ridicolous.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2010-06-17 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheath of light.
    That is all.

right, before i make any kind of sarcastic comment, i want to be sure that i understand this so for clarity can you explain to me what a retri healer is, as if it's what i think you're talking about then i'm going to be very stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethena View Post
    Untill you provide a log showing this I call BS.
    I dunno I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt... and his explanation does make sense if SoL can benefit multiple times from different % increasing buffs (initial heal is % buffed, then hot from buffed heal is % buffed). Plus i can totally see this slipping by a lot of people since most rets are probably way more focused on their yellow numbers rather than green ones

Deleted
    Basically how it works for me as ret, in the beginning, I'm after the other healers, after 2 portals, I am on the same healing done, and after 4 portals I have done like twice as much as any other healer.

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 10:27 AM ----------

Basically healing in retri spec and mostly retri gear ( whatever gear gives you the most SP + Haste )

Retris get spell power from strenght, so in case you dont have an awesome holy off spec, your retri gear will give you decent amount of SP. You just need to change out your weapons, librams and trinkets. Other then that you can almost go full retri gear and have decent amount of spell power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam View Post
    I dunno I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt... and his explanation does make sense if SoL can benefit multiple times from different % increasing buffs (initial heal is % buffed, then hot from buffed heal is % buffed). Plus i can totally see this slipping by a lot of people since most rets are probably way more focused on their yellow numbers rather than green ones
    Absolutely - only problem is the fact that healing in the aforementioned gear:
    Basically healing in full retri strenght gear
    you'd be oom with what, 10 HL's if you pop DP and a pot? (Iirc, ret has about 6.9k-ish mana in a raid?)

That's what is bugging me. The thing with meters is HPS/DPS etc is not nearly as intresting as DMG done and Healing done... 1 18k crit and no activity gives 18k dps, but also 18k dmg done... same with healing.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sxGzxu...cbx0IuGdGbc:di

Funky retrihealing spec. Would personally love to see a retri solo healing that with full holy gear. Possibly even Valritha HM for the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Deleted
    Each stack of Emerald Vigor give 200MP3 roughly = 400 MP5

5-20 stacks of it = 2000-8000mp5.

Mana not an issue.

Since I have an prot off spec, I am just using my regular retri spec.

I convinced my leader to let me heal Valithria this week in 25 man.

So just wait till monday for logs

My basic spec

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sVGzZiMZVdbtbIhGdIbsu

Gonna get 5/5 divinity next week aswell.

Gonna use seal of light glyph + spell power flask this time, + enchant my holy gear.
    Gonna show full gear then aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2010-06-17 at 10:37 AM.