Deleted

Feedback on Shadowpriest.

Allright.

We went ICC25 yesterday, with a couple of trialists. Now the problem within our guild is getting some decent DPS in, those who can functionate within moving fights aswell =p
    We have had many shadowpriests, and none of 'em where that good, but anyway. Could you guys give me feedback about this one? I've got a half WoL log of Deathwhisper, Deathbringer, couple of valithera HC tries, blood princes and Queen (we swapped 'im for queen though).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=1902&e=2067
    And this regarding "Allyster".

Any tips i can give him? Except that's he's obviously over the hit cap

He isn't over hit cap. He's way over hit cap. An easy way to fix that would be to A) get rid of that Hit trinket and grab Abyssal Rune from ToC 5-,an and B) get the crafted ICC leggings with crit and haste after he has the other four pieces of Tier 10. EDIT: This would leave him slightly below hit cap, mind you. About 22, so one or two Hit gems would be required.

The rest of his gearing isn't really that bad, the gemming and enchanting looks just about right.

Regarding everything else, though...

His DoT uptime is terrible. On a fight like Saurfang, we should aim for at least 90% uptime on all DoTs. The only one he manages this with is Shadow Word: Pain, which should really have more along the lines of 99% uptime. Make sure that he has a proper DoT timer installed, one that measures in at least tenths of a second so that he can accurately plan when to cast Vampiric Touch to make sure that it's up nearly 100% without actually clipping it (i.e. without refreshing it when it's still there). The same goes for Devouring Plague: Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague is out biggest priority. After that comes Mind Blast and Mind Flay. Shadow Word: Pain is obviously a big one as well, but that is usually refreshed throughout the entire fight.
    Last edited by MushroomBomb; 2010-06-17 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    Hm, question regarding leggings of the woven death,

Is it a good one if we go for the chest from princes, and along with 4 pc head/shoulders/hands/legs?
    I'll farm that trinket for im then, thanks for your reaction!

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Hm, question regarding leggings of the woven death,

Is it a good one if we go for the chest from princes, and along with 4 pc head/shoulders/hands/legs?
    I'll farm that trinket for im then, thanks for your reaction!
    The tier 10 legs are in general our weakest tier piece. However, if you want to use another chest I would suggest buying Meteor Chaser's Rainment with Frost Emblems rather than going with the Blood Princes Chest. That said, the Heroic chest from Blood Princes 25 is the next best thing to the 277 Tier 10 Chest. But yes, it would be doable. Not optimal, mind you, but doable. At least until he has enough emblems to buy the two remaining pieces of Tier 10.

EDIT: Talking here about the chest from Princes 25. The one from 10-man is even worse than the T10 251 Chest in stats alone.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback, again.

Regarding his glyphs, glyph of SW:P, getting mana back, is it really needed? I played a SP a while back, but found myself never beneath 90% mana..

There is either that or Glyph of Dispersion. Dispersion is somewhat situational, but I find that it works just fine for all ICC fights: the fights where Dispersion is not needed, I'll generally not go OOM either way. We don't have any other choices. And we do can go OOM at some fights, VDW and Lich King comes to mind.

Honestly, for ICC25 content both of your shadow priest are very low on the meters. They should be pulling 10k dps or higher with 20% buff.

For regular modes he should be running 4pc t10 (Helm, Chest, Shoulders, and Gloves). I will start by looking over his gear.

He is very low on haste. The offhand from heroic HOR is better then the offhand he is using. The crafted TOC bracers are better then the bracers he is using. Leggings of woven death are better then his legs. Crafted robe is better then his current, but he should be using the t10 chest. For not using t10 helm he should be using an onyxia helm or another helm from ICC10.

Honestly it looks like a completely lack of effort in his gear for an endgame guild.

Now for the world of logs report;
    His DPS drops down to 0 on Deathbringer saurfang. This should never happen, ever. Shows a complete lack of class knowledge and effort on his part.

Work more on your other shadow priest is anything, i would remove him if I were you.

Deleted
    We only got 1, really atm. The other you saw on the meter was offspec, and the one on deathwhisper has a terrible connection atm.
    But indeed, i know it can be loads better, we had a SP doing ~8k on normal fights and a rough 9.5k on Saurfang while still having the ilvl200 crafted back, conquerer head, and such.

I'd get t10helm/chest asap. then replace the hit trinket with something else. Also crafted icc cloth boots (without the hit) would be quite nice. Spec is fine for someone without 4xt10-bonus. Regarding glyphs I personally use Mind Sear one with Shadow+MF; for fights where I need extra mana I switch on my SP+mp5s trinket.

Regarding performance, I'd say "start shaping up or get out".

the staff off 10man saurfang is a big improvment over what is being used. Haste at 600 is extremely poor for shadow. Haste is almost on par with SP as our most desired stat. Absolute loads over hit, abyss rune is good, the trinket from H POS is better (in majority of situations).

Saurfang is a fight that shows player skill as well. The abilty to time you dots to max on the boss just before you switch to the blood beasts is important also the abilty to change targets. I would say this player is a poor player, even with the poor gear choices the dps with 20% buff should be better than this. I wouldn't expect 10k + from that gearing...but i would expect at least 8-9k due to your lack of haste.

No excuse for using a hit trinket, even the SP trinket of 10 marrow would be better.