WTF i cant go on my characters

yeah pretty much after being dced from icc10 rep run i cant log on my chara/server

other servers work 100%, just not mine

any suggestions on what happened?

Happened to me before, you just have to sit it out im afraid, well thats what i had to do anyway

Deleted
    Delete your WTF folder.

Prob best to back it up first tho

I think the same thing might be happening to me. Around an hour ago I couldn't hearth out at the end of a VH run, or leave through the dungeon interface. Figured the server was just down, but I can log in to the character selection window, just not the actual game. How long did it take to fix itself for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dappy View Post
    Delete your WTF folder.

doesnt that delete your characters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappy View Post
    Delete your WTF folder.

Do you play in Pirate servers?
    In REAL blizzard you dont need to clear WTF/cashe u know.

Just dropped by to say I have the same issue. Game stops at 100% of the loading screen.

Server: Saurfang(US)

Least to say it's frustrating :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Yes, obviously you are correct, especially considering 'please delete your WTF folder' is the standard fix it response from Blizzard for most glitches that WoW players encounter.

Characters are stored on the host machine in either free or p2p servers. If he did play a free server- he'd definitely know about clearing wtf/cache folders- as it's almost a requirement to do that fairly regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicShock View Post
    Just dropped by to say I have the same issue. Game stops at 100% of the loading screen.

Server: Saurfang(US)

Least to say it's frustrating :/
    holy shit man same, im alliance, on a nooby alt

Deleting the WTF folder didn't achieve anything for me :/ (Jubei'thos btw)

Deleted
    Deleting the WTF folder can fix some UI and temporary file problems. It pretty much never causes problems, either, as the game builds a new WTF folder if the old one is deleted - deleting it and getting a new one built fixes and corrupt files in there.

Edit: I got problems being unable to log, DCing after loading, during the Zombie Invasion event. As a zombie, I tried taking an opposite-faction shattrath portal and got bugged out. I ticketed a GM, who then asked me to log into the affected character and severed my connection to the server while the loading screen was up, doing some clever GM wizardry. TL;DR open GM ticket with your characters, realm and faction, go grab a sandwich and wait.
    Last edited by mmoca411d85c3d; 2010-06-17 at 09:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the problems vindication had this morning. Stuck on loading screen forever. Solved itself by taking a break (gasp) and coming back a while later. Some sort of server problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by im a deathnight :O View Post
    doesnt that delete your characters?
    Oh snap

I had the exact same problem as the OP a few weeks ago, and deleting the WTF folder fixed the problem.

That said, I didn't actually delete it, but renamed it. I then logged in on the character, exited the game, deleted the new WTF folder that had been created, and restored the original folder.

CONFIRMED:

it turns out that most of the US vengeance / reckoning is experiencing what i am, so yeah, it seems to be a server/battlegroup problem

in my other repost that i accidently did because i thought it didnt post, someone confirmed the forums that said this.
    people from all over the above battlegroups had said it, a gm is looking into it.

thanks for the relpys guys

Quoting a blue:

Realms should be returning and accessible.

If you were in an awkward spot and find certain characters cannot be logged into, first, I'd try logging in another to see if that helps.

If that doesn't (and it may not - say if you were zoning, in an instance, etc.), please place a petition with that character's name and the keyword 'stuck' in a petition from a character you can access.

Thanks!
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...id=1&pageNo=51