WoW Realms Down - Link to WoW Forums and Discussion *HERE* (Moderator Watch?)

*Sorry I cannot link the websites at this time. I keep getting this error message and feel this needs to be shown asap: "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."
    Direct Link to current thread: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posted by Lÿr - Shadow Council - US (Me at 1:20am *Currently 4:45am*)
    I will be updating the thread at the WoW Forums. For MMO-Champion Moderator Eyes to discuss if this deserves a "Main Page" report or not.

Alrighty guys. I understand there have been some ongoing issues with the servers dropping off regularly.

NOTICE: MMO-Champion hasn't got wind of this yet. If someone would like to notify them of this current posting, feel free to. Copy and Paste if you like, or redirect them here.

Here is what we should do.

Name the Server.
    Time "YOU" could not connect (Pacific Time).
    What exactly happened (in detail).

Keep your anger and whatnot to a minimum. I'm sure it will be resolved eventually.

Q u o t e:
    Vixenova
    <Disturbed Creations>
    Arathor

There are several blue posts and an 'official' thread about this in the Customer Service forums.

I have just been informed that it "COULD" be that a "Data Center in LA (Los Angeles) is not funcitoning properly...". View further down to see the exact link. I'll try to keep you all updated as best I can.

Q u o t e:

Leiaza
    <Tainted Ones>
    Undermine

Guys there was a really big earth quake my friend just called me from California so say goodbye to the servers for awhile and enjoy the outside
    Q u o t e:

Fierannlace
    "No Guild"
    Silvermoon

here ya go xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that shows you the earthquakes.

Q u o t e:
    Aranyszin
    <ShadowRaven>
    Muradin

Let me give you a shortcut - the servers that are maintained out of the Los Angeles Datacenter are down.

That's Vengeance, Bloodlust, Cyclone and Reckoning Battlegroups.

Battlegroups that are "NOTED" as "DOWN":

-Vengeance
    -Bloodlust
    -Cyclone
    -Reckoning

Servers that are "NOTED" as "DOWN":

-Aegwynn - (US)
    -Akama - (US)
    -Arathor - (US)
    -Bonechewer - (US)
    -Doomhammer - (US)
    -Dragonmaw - (US)
    -Drak'thul - (US)
    -Draka - (US)
    -Eldre'Thalas - (US)
    -Firetree - (US)
    -Garithos - (US)
    -Gurubashi - (US)
    -Jubei'thos - (Oceanic/Non-US)
    -Korgath - (US)
    -Kul Tiras - (US)
    -Malorne - (US)
    -Mug'Thol - (US)
    -Muradin - (US)
    -Nathrezim - (US)
    -Proudmoor - (US)
    -Rexxar - (US)
    -Runetotem - (US)
    -Saurfang - (Oceanic/Non-US)
    -Shadow Council - (US)
    -Scarlet Crusade - (US)
    -Shadowsong - (US)
    -Silvermoon - (US)
    -Skywall - (US)
    -Spirestone - (US)
    -Terenas - (US)
    -Thorium Brotherhood - (US)
    -Windrunner - (US)

[ Post edited by Lÿr ]

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 03:56 AM ----------

Will keep updating both forums as best as I can.

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 04:08 AM ----------

Updated Realmlist:

Servers that are "NOTED" as "DOWN":

-Aegwynn - (US)
    -Akama - (US)
    -Arathor - (US)
    -Bonechewer - (US)
    -Doomhammer - (US)
    -Dragonmaw - (US)
    -Drak'thul - (US)
    -Draka - (US)
    -Eitrigg - (US)
    -Eldre'Thalas - (US)
    -Firetree - (US)
    -Frostmane - (US)
    -Garithos - (US)
    -Gurubashi - (US)
    -Jubei'thos - (Oceanic/Non-US)
    -Khaz Modan - (US)
    -Korgath - (US)
    -Kul Tiras - (US)
    -Malorne - (US)
    -Mug'Thol - (US)
    -Muradin - (US)
    -Nathrezim - (US)
    -Proudmoor - (US)
    -Rexxar - (US)
    -Runetotem - (US)
    -Saurfang - (Oceanic/Non-US)
    -Shadow Council - (US)
    -Scarlet Crusade - (US)
    -Shadowsong - (US)
    -Silvermoon - (US)
    -Skywall - (US)
    -Spirestone - (US)
    -Terenas - (US)
    -Thorium Brotherhood - (US)
    -Windrunner - (US)

[ Post edited by Lÿr ]

Smolderthorn seems to be down too.

And aparently no one from there cares too, since it's not listed as down ^^;

I do know that a majority of the realms are still down, and am very sorry that I am not in a Direct Position to help. I will keep everyone updated as much as possible until the game comes back online.

I do not have an estimated time on how long it will take to get the realms back up. Worst case scenario is that it could take up to a week for networking to become available again. When dealing with a severe networking issue such as a "Natural Disaster" it can be very troublesome. This meaning Internet, Telephone (Land Line), TV (Since the Converter Boxes came out ***Unless you have satellite***). Multiple things are down. And I'm very sure that Communication is a HUGE issue at this point.

Give it time. Things will get better.

Thank you DargaardKeeper. I will update Smolderthorn on the list. I am assuming that is a US Server?

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 05:47 AM ----------

Apparently "Windrunner - (US)" is back up. Someone is claiming to get back in on the WoW forums.

According to http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ there has been no major earthquake in California in the past week or so, where did you get your data from?

Same with "-Jubei'thos - (Oceanic/Non-US)". They may have hotfixxed the issue. I will look into it further and let you all know what I come up with.

Quoting a blue:

Realms should be returning and accessible.

If you were in an awkward spot and find certain characters cannot be logged into, first, I'd try logging in another to see if that helps.

If that doesn't (and it may not - say if you were zoning, in an instance, etc.), please place a petition with that character's name and the keyword 'stuck' in a petition from a character you can access.

Thanks!
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...id=1&pageNo=51

I am getting my information from the Blizzard Forums. I cannot link links because I am a new member. I have a thread there with active posts over 100, and over 1k Views within the past 3 hours. Trying to keep everyone updated as best as possible.

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 05:55 AM ----------

Thank you much. Ill add this to the forum post since I am more or less the only person on the customer support forum letting everyone know whats going on.

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 05:58 AM ----------

Post updated. Thanks much Sin.

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 06:00 AM ----------

and as for the earthquake, I did not directly say I could verify that one occurred. I only stated that if one did happen that some issues would have to be dealt with in a slower manner.