Haven't seen anyone mentioning it yet..
Shamans fire nova totem detonated if it was placed and the shaman logged out, doing damage to everyone nearby, friend of foe.
Very usefull way of geting rid of gold sellers.
At OP, some those bring back some memories. Been playing since vanilla beta myself, it's good to remember the good stuff (and the not so good stuff) blizzard has removed/altered/made better/worse in this game.
Oh and there was some research also about this how people gather around those who they know then they're dying. Seems quite ridiculous to me but who knows
I updated with some screenshots/videos and so. Thanks for the nice comments!
OP may add some lines:
- Priests were able to talk cross faction by Mind Controlling an Enemy and doing custom /emotes.
- there were different resting states in the beta: well rested, rested, normal, fatigued and exhausted.
- Bind on Pickup was called "Bind on Acquire"
- In the early beta, you were allowed to see Spirit Healers, even if you weren't dead.
- Mages had a Mirror Image like spell in the beta called "Phantasm", it got removed early.
- Priests "Renew" had a casting time.
- Warlocks Healthstone was called "Bloodstone"
- VanCleef called up to 6 guards in combat (75%, 50% and 25%)
- Orcs had a Racial called Blood Fury. When activated, it increased Strength by some amounts.
wow, great thread. Best one i've seen on here. There were a few i knew of (some i heard from other players, some i was acutally playing when it happened) but as i joined early/mid TBC, loads of this stuff was new to me. Some of it is amazing to find out. Its funny how easy it is to forget how the game used to be. things like the seperate auction houses must have been so annoying lol.
Originally Posted by Voidmaster
Just remembered another one, fairly recent change: you used to be able to fail at the gathering professions. I.E. you would try to pick an herb but after the cast finished you would "fail" and would have to try again.
You used to be dis-mounted anytime you touched water, Dustwallow Marsh was a nightmare.
The Corrupted Blood Plague(by dis-missing a pet with the debuff and re-summoning him in a town). This was the inspiration for the zombie outbreak pre-WotLK. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_WdYvwrDA
Kiting Kazzak to a capitol where he became un-killable do to the way his attacks worked. This was the inspiration for Krull attacks during the pre-BC event. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0VWJdE01M
According to the original WoW manual "When you are resurrected by a spell or soulstone, you revive with a condition called resurrection sickness"
There used to be a world-wide general chat channel.
Warlocks didn't have soulwells or summoning stones and mages didn't have mage tables.
Warlock's Doomguard and Infernal were guaranteed to break loose after a certain amount of time, however they could always break loose early.
Doom Lord Kazzak for President.
Great post - good reads. Thanks for putting that together.
The less you know, the more you believe.
Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.
I can think of one thing you forgot, "Shadowguard"