Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you could go on a FP in combat. so if you were running from an afflic lock, you could die mid-flight and fall out of the air

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    druids where tameble by hunter for a short time
    wud a lvl 60 druid lose his toon forever? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

A fury warrior also once made Rampage or some sort of talent stack infintely, and then he went in and oneshot some Pre-TBC Naxxramas bosses - think there's a movie somewhere. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb8mvN2pgpU is to proove the bug, but not the movie I watched that time.

I think the mage instant Arcane Explosion was on the 3rd tier of arcane talents... not 100% sure tho

I didn't/won't read through all 24 pages but I wanted to add, in case no one else has, some of the biggest fundamental changes to the game:

When alpha was being developed (i.e. pre-alpha) the game had an archetypal class system:

Warrior, Wizard, Scout, Healer those base classes then got incrementally more defined at certain levels. Level 20 allowed the first step-up in class and Warriors could choose to become Berserkers or Guardians, Wizards could become Mages or Warlocks, Scouts could become Rogues or Archers, and Healers could become Priests, Shaman, or Druid.

Each step up moved you into a more strictly defined role than what we have today. For example, Shaman were true Buff/De-buffers and offered very little in any other field like dps or healing. Druids were primarily AE damage dealing and De-buffing, and Priests were actual healers.

This eventually gave way to the talent system we are all familiar with and the classes we have now. The basic idea behind cancelling this was that leveling was designed originally to be much more time consuming and they feared customer loss after investing a large amount of time into a character only to reach a certain class role that they did not like/enjoy. It was scrapped because the talent system allowed customers to change their role to something more enjoyable based on their own likes/dislikes instead. Just imagine playing for 2 years as a tanker and loving every minute of it...then TBC dailies come out and you have to have a dps friend with you to get 10 quests done in less than 6 hours lol.

The second biggest fundamental change had to do with faction interaction. in the earliest stages of development the alliance and horde could group together and visit each others towns/cities. They could build rep with each others factions and learn each others languages. This was a WoW that was created with the end of WC3 in mind and an accord of peace had been reached between the two factions. The main idea of the game would not have been to war against each other but to war against the evils left in the world. As development went on and TFT expac was released for WC3 many things started to change and the developers added a mini-game event to the end of WC3 that showed Admiral Proudmoore throwing a racial rage fest and attacking the under construction Orgrimmar against Jaina's wishes. This insured a reason to keep the Horde and Alliance at war as the Admiral had taken upon himself to end the peace treaty. Realize that at the time he was the last known surviving ruler of a Kingdom of the alliance. Gilneas had sealed its borders, Terenas had been killed, and Varian was kidnapped.

There were quite a few other changes introduced slowly over the years that were left off of your list as well.

Players used to have to carry light sources to be able to see in the dark, save for a few races such as Night Elves and Trolls who could see as though it were daylight and dwarves who could see much better (but still a little diminished) than the other races. This is actually seen in the old school human model picture. If you notice the background (behind the well) it is actually very very dark. When the game first went live lightsources were not needed to see...but visibility distance was very very different at night than it was during the day. Imagine a 20 yard raidus around your character that you could see clearly and then everything outside of it being considerably less visible. This made running from mobs very frustrating to start as most players did not know the zones as well as we do now and usually running from a fight ended you in a bigger one or dead.

Also of note:

In the beginning of the game's release stages any dungeon could be ran with any number of players. There were several times that I personally attended a 20+ player raid on Wailing Caverns in The Barrens. Most dungeons were also fitted with a raid style boss that was not meant to be killed with a customary 5 player group. The tree boss in WC is the most distinguishable example. He was completely unrelated to any questlines and hit for an unusually large amount against proper leveled characters (like hitting a level 20 warrior for ~200 dmg per swing).

The ability to raid all dungeons was soon removed (maybe by the 3rd or 4th month of release) and only a few remained able to be completed by a larger party. Those are the original big three that have already been named, Scholo/Strath/BRS.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vervaine View Post
    - A lot of Pally gear would drop for horde back in Vanilla. "Oh look nothing new just more pally gear !@#$" Was most likely the same for alliance and shaman drops.
    I hope someone had the great idea to save it, hoping horde will be able to create a pally 1 day! It would've been easy to lvl one

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    I hope someone had the great idea to save it, hoping horde will be able to create a pally 1 day! It would've been easy to lvl one
    it was still BoP.

I remember back when some trinkets actually scaled. Not that they could get much stronger untill TBC came out. the six demon bag was one.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    druids where tameble by hunter for a short time
    LMAO you made my day

It's awesome that I remember some of these. When I came back for Wrath after having quit for over a year, I logged on my shaman and was like- wtf where is my grace of air totem. I remember back in vanilla our MT had a full Wildheart druid set for weapon skill raising. Hah so many loopy things.

Before 3.0 there was no spell power, instead there was healing and damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got one:

Hunters had a "dead zone" where you could stand if you snared the hunter and then you could shoot him when he couldn't shoot back or melee you.

[QUOTE=Palidan;8133704-Hunters gained 2 attack power per 1 point of agility.[/QUOTE]

Another one I knew, but mainly because I play a hunter as my main! But still a great lis though! Can't wait for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlez View Post
    I've got one:

Hunters had a "dead zone" where you could stand if you snared the hunter and then you could shoot him when he couldn't shoot back or melee you.
    technically doesn't it still exist? but it got shrunk to an area of space that's so small that lag kills it?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I just want to point out something. Someone way back there (too far to find it) said that INT used to increase the rate of learned weapon skill. It actually still does. I found it was very easy for my paladin to skill up weapon skills in his holy gear. Got all the relevant achievements in short time.
    That's why my mage was lvling his skills so fast! Back when i was a noob, i was only caring about INT xD And I dont play on it anymore, so he still has 2k hp and 7k mana xDD

*Edit* I forgot to say that he's 60

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Oh and you used to be able to use the stuck button in the help part of the game to use as an extra hearthstone without your normal hearthstone cooldown
    Yeah I remember that, but when I discovered that, I was on on my first and only char (mage) so I almost never needed to HS. and it was removed b4 I started another char

I just remembered a "funny" one. As mentioned before hunters survival tree was meant as a melee tree back in vanilla, this actually proved really strong in the days before AQ. The Thunderfury quest could only be obtained by rogues, paladins, warriors, and hunters. If a hunter got their hands on Thunderfury, they could actually do more dmg in melee than any other class. This changed after Patch 1.7.0 ( see wowwiki.com/Patch_1.7.0) because hunter had their talents significantly changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swirly ball, used to drive the RL nuts while waiting for nef to respawn in BWL, imagine 8 or so rogues spamming this thing non-stop. After a few minutes the RL was livid and screaming on the mic for us to stop it.

My contribution. In beta only Shaman had the only in combat resurrection, at the time it was called Rebirth. With the release of Vanilla Rebirth was renamed Ancestral Spirit and Druids got a new spell called Rebirth that they could train at level 20 (most likely because Rebirth was an advantage for Horde).

Until the Pre-Wrath patch Druids did not have any resurrection spell but Rebirth, which required a reagent as it does today but had a 30 min cooldown. Because of this it was standard for groups with a Druid healer to bring along a Paladn/Shaman/Priest, if it looked like a wipe the Druid might tell the other Resser to die and give them a Rebirth for use after the rest of the group died (happened to me a couple times anyway).

Very fun to read ^_^ thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -Trolls used to have a joke ( /silly emote) that said something along these lines(not exact) "I kill two dwarves at morning,two more at day,one more at night, and than I feel alrgiht." This was removed from the game, probably because it was too violent.
    Actually they removed it due to reference to smoking weed:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/sublime..._20133027.html

-Trolls used to have a joke ( /silly emote) that said something along these lines(not exact) "I kill two dwarves at morning,two more at day,one more at night, and than I feel alrgiht." This was removed from the game, probably because it was too violent.

Bit on this one: The joke was a play on the Toyes song (covered by Sublime) "Smoke Two Joints", which is pretty certainly why it was removed (violence? We spend almost every waking minute in WoW slaughtering...)

The full text of the joke, which I grabbed from http://www.wowwiki.com/Jokes is:
    "I kill two dwarves in da morning, I kill two dwarves at night,
    I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel alright.
    I kill two dwarves in time of peace and two in time of war,
    I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more."

Edit: And that's what I get for not previewing. Post above covered this, but I guess I've got some extra details.

if you kill golemagg in MC behind him is a vent you could use to look in and see ragnaros