Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Players use Hearthstones (an inventory item) to cast a spell that teleports them back to their "home locations." Casting the spell will take a reasonable amount of time, to prevent it from being used as an escape mechanism from combat."

And then you invented Bubble.

And then people invented Bubblehearth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leean View Post
    Are the quests to aquire your pets as a warlock still ingame, or do you just learn them at the trainer, such as your mount spell?
    Yes, they are still in the game, and they are still required in order to learn the pet summoning spells. I just made a warlock two months ago, and still had to do these quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    If both players are logged in at the same time, they are automatically added to the same party. While both heads share the same hit-point bar, each has a separate bar for mana, rage, etc., depending on class. Due to their girth and compact sturdiness, the total HP for a Two-headed Ogre is a combination of the HP values for each character class; when one head levels up, its additional HP are simply added to the Ogre’s total HP. The heads level up independently, so if one half of the Ogre is adventuring online more than the other, it’s likely that that head could move far ahead of the other head in level. When attacked by a monster, the body as a whole takes damage, and when the shared HP are depleted, both heads die. It is possible, however, for each head to receive individual buffs and debuffs. In addition to the standard abilities toolbar, each Two-headed Ogre player will have a secondary toolbar showing the spells/abilities of his or her other half. While one head cannot use the spells/abilities of the other, seeing this secondary toolbar allows the players to observe each other's usage habits and make suggestions. Clicking on any of the icons on this secondary toolbar will automatically spam the [/body] channel with a tip to use that particular spell or ability. The player of the other head can then weigh this suggestion and act appropriately. When one player is offline, that player’s head appears slumped and sleeping. The offline head will automatically do the /snore emote into the [/body] channel periodically. Also, your Two-headed Ogre will walk with a limp, as if the whole side of the body controlled by the offline head is asleep.

Double Headed Ogres sound fucking fun
    From: http://web.archive.org/web/200404051...ded-ogre.shtml
    You all do realize that this was an April Fools Day joke, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimei View Post
    "Players use Hearthstones (an inventory item) to cast a spell that teleports them back to their "home locations." Casting the spell will take a reasonable amount of time, to prevent it from being used as an escape mechanism from combat."

And then you invented Bubble.

And then people invented Bubblehearth.
    Bubblehearth is my favorite thing in game! I remember while leveling my paly in Outland, I was attempting to solo a fairly difficult (though not impossible due to being OP at it) group quest. On my first attempt, I was attacked by two level 80's and obviously got demolished. After a repeat performance, an 80 shaman offered to help. I lured them out by starting the fight, I bubblehearth and the shaman owns both of them.

<333 this entire thread is awesome btw.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

One of the most epic and interesting threads ever. Hi5 for OP and other contributes.

WTB MOAR!!11!!!1!!1!
    Last edited by Madness20; 2010-06-25 at 06:43 PM.

the loading screen for TBC areas with Kael'thas and Illidan was changed in patch 3.3 to include a phoenix to the left of Kael'thas
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    the loading screen for TBC areas with Kael'thas and Illidan was changed in patch 3.3 to include a phoenix to the left of Kael'thas
    I knew that phoenix was new. First time I saw it I coulda swore it wasn't there before but thought maybe I just hadn't noticed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What will i hear in raven hill?? Do tell naow!!
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollboll View Post
    1) In alpha/beta mind flay was not channeled but was a 3 second dot that slowed people.
    2) In alpha shadowform provided 30% dmg reduction and dmg increase instead of 15%.
    #1 would make for an interesting glyph effect....

And for #2, it was physical damage reduction only IIRC oppose to all damage now.

The Armory used to display the buffs still on the character when it logged out. I remember when I was first leveling, I would log out after blowing all my cooldowns just so I could see how many I could get to show up on the Armory when I checked myself every morning, lol.

Deleted
    I missed something, might be in there, but I missed it:

Shaman reincarnation used to give Rez sickness

It was a pain

Ruins of Lordaeron Throne Room

Quote Originally Posted by Ztormbringer View Post
    You can hear people clapping just outside the throne room in Undercity. Again with the ambient sounds up.
    Unless I'm mistaken, if you have your ambient up and wait in the throne room long enough, you can hear the entire scene in Warcaft III where Arthas kills King Menethil. I'll hafta do that later today and see for sure. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also, speaking of recent posts about Hearthstones, they used to have a ONE HOUR COOLDOWN. I /cheered when it was cut in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Risukage View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, if you have your ambient up and wait in the throne room long enough, you can hear the entire scene in Warcaft III where Arthas kills King Menethil. I'll hafta do that later today and see for sure. Can anyone else confirm this?
    I´m not really sure about the dialogue, but you can hear the bells and the cheering as they are in the WC3 Video whe you walk (not run) to the throne room from the outside.
    I´m a little more provocative than you might be.
    It´s your shock and then your horror on which I feed.
    So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean,
    if I´m not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

knew about almost all of these things, except that they tested player housing :O

What exactly does the ambience tell you in Raven hill / Karazhan? I've been there before one time with ambience up a lot (when I visited crypts) but didn't hear anything.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit healer whispers you hear when you die, say following things "Play World of Warcraft" "Give us your money". Of course they are very hard to hear, so very few people notice it.

^^^ this is not true, this is just people association chaotic sounds into words. it's a psychological thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Also, speaking of recent posts about Hearthstones, they used to have a ONE HOUR COOLDOWN. I /cheered when it was cut in half.
    confirmed, i was there last night showing my friend
    Prot for life!

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn...I really noticed now how many things changed. /vote for sticky.

Also got a few other ones:

Flightpaths would only take you to the next station. So to fly from Orgrimmar to Gadgetzan you had to click through 4 Flightpaths (or have a certain addon installed)

Very early in game there were addons that used a potion automatically if you reached a certain HP threshold.

Technically we currently are at Tier 11. The AQ40 set was called T 2,5 because it only had 5 pieces instead of the usual 8. (there were also different sets in AQ20 and ZG)

There was a legendary Necklace that dropped from Golemagg once. The player who got it was allowed to keep it, but the drop itself was removed.

Plate used to cost a lot more to repair than cloth point per point.

There were mobs in UBRS that could place a fire resistance buff on players when mind controlled. This + the Onyxia/Nef head buff was often used for that one perfect try on Fire heavy bosses like Ragnaros.

In vanilla you could have as many elixirs and flasks active on you as there were buff slots. Flasks also disappeared after death.

There was "negative resistance" which would allow spells to cause additional damage. CoE only reduced resistances and this was later changed so that resistances could not drop below zero and CoE increased Spelldamage directly.

Mages were only able to creat 4 water per cast, and to get that spell they had to do a quest in DM.

I'll write some more down if I remember anything.

I didn't. They cut the one hour cooldown in half because they nerfed ghetto hearths. You used to be able to enter an instance while partied with someone, leave group, and get booted to your hearth location. Free hearth as often as you were near an instance (aka stormwind or org -> nuetral capitals).

Infinite no cooldown hearths > 30 minute hearth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovietcake View Post
    confirmed, i was there last night showing my friend
    Just checked for myself as well. If you sit in the throne room itself, the dialogue track from that scene is there in fragments, somewhat like broken and scattered memories, but no music or SFX. Had to max out Ambience and crank my headphones all the way up, but I got the whole thing. And apparently you get the bells and cheering and stuff if you're in the entrance chambers. I got chills the first time that I saw that scene, but hearing it again in whispers like that was spooky. VERY nice, Blizzard.