Page 61 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    GIVE US THE BIG IRONFORGE BACK!

This comes from an orc.

Pandaren Monk
    just gna shout out some stuff here:
    there is an area which you can reach by going in to saphironn's room in naxxramas and using an exiler of giant growth then slowfall to jump into what looks like an early version of northrend.
    There's an area northwest of Icecrown which has floating bits of water with no use at all.
    Rogues were useless against nefarion (the class call put them behind his tail and rooted them)... most depressing boss in my raiding career

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    just gna shout out some stuff here:
    there is an area which you can reach by going in to saphironn's room in naxxramas and using an exiler of giant growth then slowfall to jump into what looks like an early version of northrend.
    There's an area northwest of Icecrown which has floating bits of water with no use at all.
    Rogues were useless against nefarion (the class call put them behind his tail and rooted them)... most depressing boss in my raiding career
    Shamans can use far sight to see anywhere, ANYWHERE if they have some mp5
    They reused the naxxramas loading screen, thats why it doesnt say wrath of the lich king on it

Not sure if these are in the thread.

taurens had a larger hitbox / could reach further with their weapons. That made them better sometimes as tanks due to bosses special abilities not hitting them. Is it fixed today?

in early vanilla most people used the same addon but later it sucked so nobody used it (was it named cosmos?)

Rogues could once equip 1-h sword by macro and backstabb with them, making their damage much much higher.

it was almost impossible to raid after launch because of the massive amount of people before blizzard made upgrades to their servers.

Not to long ago with the "pandemic" of the new flu, blizz had a debuff that was refereed to this (swine flu on wowhead)

I still have the quest for korrak on my alt which was a common thing to complete for the weapons at 50 or 51.

First kill of Nefarian was done with a Arms specced warriors as tank

You could change models to get where you are not supposed to go.

There was a quest for horde that allowed you to attack (dont think you could attack other horde players) NPC, this was abused to kill bankers and trainers. People got incredibly mad at anyone that did it and raged hard

Wow did not have the launcher at launch of the game. The game was much faster at starting and logging in compare to now

There was items in blasted land that had 50 (now 25) str/agi/stamina/int/spirit buff that you could get, and have all of them on you at once. Sadly it was obviously nerfed thanks to casual people.

Anyone remember when they banned the addon that allowed you to walk between points? Made walking much easier (aka botting!)

I wish someone would document everything that is happening in wow.

Pandaren Monk
    to the guy who wanted to move to a point, use click to move

Dwarf racial Stoneform used to lower movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    to the guy who wanted to move to a point, use click to move
    not quite the same as a botting program that plays for you =[
    Last edited by Bumdee; 2010-10-22 at 02:27 PM.

oh wow...well deserve praise to you for effort.

They should have this info on the official site somewhere, too good to pass up

I remember most of this, and still think of 'Guardian of Blizzard' when I explore new stuff.
    15 man raids remain the most fun of any raid content I've done. Oh nostalgia, you so sexy.

+Healing Gear used to work on Hunter's Mend Pet Skill. Hunters could solo alot of Raid bosses cuz of this, most popular was the Azuregos cuz of the youtube video.

High Overlord
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not, but meh

Druids were not able to speak to NPCs in forms, it was chaged only at patch 2.0 iirc.
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Dekanos View Post
    The real rub was ONLY DWARVES HAD FEAR WARD and it was on a three minute cooldown, making them a requirement to do Onyxia.
    As far as I remember, the ward lasted like 3 minutes and was on a 30 second CD - which made it possible to cast it on more than one person, before the battle :-)

Speaking of priests:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before; I wont read every single post - 60 pages! ha ha

Inner fire used to buff attack power as well. I know it sounds so odd that it must be a lie - but no, not kidding you! I guess they wanted priests to...eh, hit stuff.

Shackle undead could be used on the forsaken at one point - as did all the anti undead paladin spells. They became 'humanoid' at some point. Fair enough I guess ;-)

Female Dwarf priests had a very broken polygon model. The left shoulder was considerably larger than the right. Or the right was puny - don't know which.
    When using the old priest t1 gear; which had a flap on each side, hanging down to the waist, this became even more obvious. It was a tit / waist asymmetric mess!
    I must have written over 10 petitions. Obviously not to many vocal female priests out there at this point. Took like 6 month before it got sorted! Bah!

One very commonly used tactic for 40 man bosses was for healers to - if they could - run out to a safe spot and die since that meant they could start resurrecting people. Only being hurt by splash damage, healing or hurting would raise the "in combat" flag and unable more res's.

Back when Elemental Shamans had a bit of mana issues at times while leveling; a nifty way of breaking the water shield was to put down a stoneclaw totem and let a lvl 1 critter get taunted by it. Once you removed the totem the critter would be on you instead. Hitting you for 1 dmg and thus breaking the orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -The low level Rams/Wolves in Alterac Valley were added so lower level players who joined the battle would kill them to level and upgrade friendly troops with turn-in items.
    Its actualy not true afaik. Rams and wolves were used to summon special elite units (commonly called "riders"). To get these elite units ingame, 20 wolves needed to be tamed and 20 ram hides obtained (on horde side, aliance had to tame rams and kill wolves for hides). Old AVs werent like now, it were battles from gy to gy, so getting across the map for hides was mostly stealthers work and getting hides alone was even harder then sneaking to them, since oposite team was taming them and mostly guarding so the enemy dont get hides.
    Speaking of AV-
    - Frostwolf was the fastest tamable pet for hunters (im not sure but i would say cca 250% movement speed).
    - Back in vanilla when there was no reinforcement limit, AV battles commonly lasted 8-12hours, sometimes even more then day(s).
    - Korrak the Bloodrager, mostly know as 1 of bosses in Amphitheater of Anguish, was firstly introduced in AV, he was at midfield and realy deadly. There was even quest to kill him, however not doable in raid so while he was alive "invite for korrak" was rly frequntly yell.
    - There was also powerfull shredder unit in AV, controlable by player via http://www.wowhead.com/item=17410#comments (it wasnt rly cheap on mats back in vanilla).

Brewmaster
    Mo way I'll be reading 50+ pages to see if these things have been reported, but:

There was a way to remove the flag in WSG from the instance, making it impossible for your side to win. There used to be a few WSG servers that lasted days, and was avoided by frequent PvPers when they found it that particular one was unwinnable.

Hunters couldn't place traps in combat (as reported in the OP), but it was circumvented by FD+trap. If FD was resisted (not uncommon when there were lots of adds, like on Nefarian p1), you'd have no choice but to wait for FD to finnish its CD.

I remember telling orc tanks not to use blood fury, since iirc it also reduced the healing taken by 50%, which was a disaster when raiding.

Also, vent went crazy when rend was on a raidboss, due to the debuff slots being reserved for particular debuffs.

It was not uncommon for people to sit down during bossfights when they went oom, since it was a common missconception that sitting regened mana. It did however regen health faster.

Hunters mend pet was channeled for a very long time, iirc through all of vanilla.

It was possible to name your bear pet as a hunter to "Beer". They later fixed that, and restored the original name of the pet. I assume this worked on other pets as well.

It was possible to throw a snowball on someone on flight, and they'd be instantly teleported to where they were going.

When ZG was introduced, you could HS out with a poison and spread it to NPCs in the city. They never died from it, but spread it to any player in the vicinity. I remember insane amounts of bones all over Orgrimmar.

There's alot more, but none that I can think of at the time.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by jetattack View Post
    As opposed to what people think, not epic nor legendary items are the highest ranked items in WoW, all though the highest ones still have never dropped there is a level above legendary and its called artifact. It ties in well in the lore and some GMs have had the luck to wield items like the martin thunder weapon for example. Martin Thunder has stats that are nowadays kinda obsolete but at the bottom of the tooltip is this : Use: Kills all enemies in a 30 yard radius... would be somewhat nice to have this item was removed in 3.3 but there are some others out there like alex's ring of audacity for example with Equip: Defense +1000. Consider yourself born again hardcore!
    Martin thunder was used when creating wow to see which mobs would die or just sit there at 1 health broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Stood in the Fire
    BUMP! to this epic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dekanos View Post
    there is a lot of erroneous information on this list, but i would have to say the worst offender is this:

"-Priests had racial spells, but some of them were turned into baseline priest spells and some other removed. (human-desperate prayer/troll-hex of weakness/undead-devouring plague)"

The real rub was ONLY DWARVES HAD FEAR WARD and it was on a three minute cooldown, making them a requirement to do Onyxia.
    Ye thats why Horde never killed Onyxia it was just impossible without a DWARF Priest

:>

this might have been said in the last 60+ pages but....

in early TBC, engineers could use the universal remote (http://www.wowwiki.com/Gnomish_Universal_Remote) to MC paroling Fel-reavers....and kill opposing faction players with them. man that was an experience.

Pandaren Monk
    you should really put this in :

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/05/22/bl...g-wow-to-life/

a young boy with a brain tumor got to go to the blizz development team, create a legendary item, got his char bumped to 70 ( this was in TBC ) and got the world first Pheonix mount.
    and he got to design an NPC and do voice acting for him

Completely unrelated note : There is a crypt in Badlands, which is a conan the barbarian reference as ther is one skeleton sitting on a throne, with a sword, and others around him

Dunno if it has been said already, but i remember the Dishonorable Kills. Many npc were tagged as "civilians", so killing them would result in getting dishonorable kills, thus gimping your rank in the old Honor System. They were removed with the Honor System revamp in patch 2.0
    I was pretty sure there was also a title for those with many dishonorable kills, something like "Infamous", but can't find any trace of it.
    Keep up the good work, this topic should get a sticky somewhere!