Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ...
12
52
60
61
62
63
64
72
... LastLast
  1. #1221
    Mechagnome Mengucekli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where i lay my head is home..
    Posts
    581
    I saw some debate over priest mechanics so i want to add something on it. I am not entirely sure if these were mentioned partially or totally and neither sure all are true but here we go:

    Priests were special in their own way depending on their races. For example, like someone mentioned above, dwarven priests had the fear ward ability and no other priests had that. Night elf priests had some kind of starfall skill as i remember but it was a single target ability, not like todays laser chicken's aoe stuff. Undead priests had devouring plague special to them and that made them particularly OP in many pvp situations (combined with will of forsaken) and also probably the only serious shadow candidate. I dont remember what human or troll priests had. If anyone else remember the race specific priest spells please feel free to add.

    And i also strongly believe that these race specific specialities made it much more fun. Sadly blizzard homogenized priest like they did to everything in the game

  2. #1222
    Field Marshal 13eaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    89
    Nice list!!
    Question authority.

  3. #1223
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    I saw some debate over priest mechanics so i want to add something on it. I am not entirely sure if these were mentioned partially or totally and neither sure all are true but here we go:

    Priests were special in their own way depending on their races. For example, like someone mentioned above, dwarven priests had the fear ward ability and no other priests had that. Night elf priests had some kind of starfall skill as i remember but it was a single target ability, not like todays laser chicken's aoe stuff. Undead priests had devouring plague special to them and that made them particularly OP in many pvp situations (combined with will of forsaken) and also probably the only serious shadow candidate. I dont remember what human or troll priests had. If anyone else remember the race specific priest spells please feel free to add.

    And i also strongly believe that these race specific specialities made it much more fun. Sadly blizzard homogenized priest like they did to everything in the game
    Blood elf priests had a hand of weakness ( forgot name) that did slight damage and would do a melee debuff to anyone that had hit the priest.

  4. #1224
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,404
    +100 internetz
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

  5. #1225
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Talanaer View Post
    Blood elf priests had a hand of weakness ( forgot name) that did slight damage and would do a melee debuff to anyone that had hit the priest.
    Trolls you mean.

    Human priests had desperate prayer, long before it was a talent that is.

  6. #1226
    Back in Vanilla you could use macros and addons to instantly shieldbash and switch back to your normal weapons without losing a global.

    Anachronos is the only "boss" flagged mob in the game that has no leash effect and can be kitet around nearly anywhere (done last week, he sometimes goes evade randomly, no leash effect though http://666kb.com/i/bo1ugulaqmuu4s3f4.jpg )

    In Vanilla Furywarriors could pull aggro from autoattacking a boss so they logged out and relogged resulting in an aggroreset so they could go full dps to _almost_ the end of the bossfight without worrying about aggro

    The strongest NPC is a dwarf in Shadowmoon valley with 5.5 Million life at lvl72 (i think) and can hit for 11k on plate wearing lvl80 players.

    I think in beta you could form raids to do elite quests (hoggar raid for quest if i recall right)

    alterac valley fights before the change often went on for over a weekend (sometimes even several days up to a week). this resulted in players doing the BG quests to summon the anchient protectors (elementals) that were/are 60elite.

    paladins were known as "that weak dude you have to kill 3 times before he dies" (lay on hands bubble+selfheal finaldeath)

    rogues used to fear warriors >_>

    mages used lvl1 frostbolts to kite warriors. the advantage was the low manacost (20mana) and the reduced casting time (the lower levels of casts actually had shorter casttimes. fireball 1.5 sec for example)

  7. #1227
    Nefarian class calls also has a Death Knight call. Why blizzard returned to an oldschool instance in WotLK is unknown.
    Pretty sure it's programmed like %c or something (as an example) where the code just prints the class of his target, they probably didn't go back and add it in.

  8. #1228
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheetos View Post
    Pretty sure it's programmed like %c or something (as an example) where the code just prints the class of his target, they probably didn't go back and add it in.
    Wrong, it isn't just a call, he also deathgrips everyone to him. Thus they added it.

  9. #1229
    Quote Originally Posted by Agarash View Post
    Wrong, it isn't just a call, he also deathgrips everyone to him. Thus they added it.
    actually this is how frostbolt-volley could be done with only a few lines of code

    pseudocode:
    #chooseplayer
    #choosecast
    #targeteverybodyinaggrolist
    #cast

    Of course it could have been death n decay which would kill everybody if there were many players O.o imagine 40 dnd stacked on one place.
    they probably have added one single line after deathknights reporting him not casting anything like that while soloing him

    #deathknight Death Grip

    done, easy as that.

    or general flag for deathknights when mobs copy skills. i think there are mobs out there that copy skills and its always deathgrip.
    ah in zulaman! i think the boss that copies skills deathgrips but im not sure. it would be a hit that classes have skills flagged that generally get copied.
    Mortal Strike, Death Grip, Hammer of Justice?
    Last edited by akuaku; 2010-11-03 at 07:44 AM.

  10. #1230
    Wow, can't believe I actually read all of that (had to do it over several days)
    In any case, after 62 pages, all I can say is "The Ice Stone has melted!"

  11. #1231
    -Death Knights and some other classes were planned to be released with original WoW, but they were saved for later.
    Anyone know which were "other" classes?

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumdee View Post
    They should have this info on the official site somewhere, too good to pass up
    +1 with that

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bofedy View Post
    i hope you update this thread till the end of time :P
    me too

  12. #1232
    Sap used to break stealth unless you had imp sap, arcane explosion was a point talent, Lacerate was a talent way back when as well. Feral in Vanilla= lol

  13. #1233
    This is sort of unrelated but the part about Michael Koiter is also in starcraft 2. He's a terran that's fallen in battle and Jim Raynor finds his tag. It's very touching actually. Nice to know blizzard cares for their members like family.
    Playing 2's is like shooting yourself in the kneecaps and wondering why it hurts.

  14. #1234
    Stood in the Fire Darkoverkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    (If you are playing on US servers, you can roll a human on server Moonguard, and walk to Goldshire Inn. Warning: What is seen cannot be unseen.)

    ROFL!!!!! great one dude i found that in the wall of text also sig worthy >
    neither the spirit nor the science is right, you need both to coexist, but with coexistence comes chaos!
    Darkoverkill 85 mage.

  15. #1235
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Focke View Post
    Sap used to break stealth unless you had imp sap, arcane explosion was a point talent, Lacerate was a talent way back when as well. Feral in Vanilla= lol
    You are not quite right.... Arcane Explosion was not a point talent, however you had to pick a talent to remove the cast time, and Lacerate was a talent in the survival hunter tree.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Anyone know which were "other" classes?

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:53 PM ----------



    +1 with that

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:57 PM ----------



    me too
    Necromancer

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Talanaer View Post
    Blood elf priests had a hand of weakness ( forgot name) that did slight damage and would do a melee debuff to anyone that had hit the priest.
    Blood elf priests had a spell that turned debuffs into mana mate.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  16. #1236
    This is a really cool list, I remember some of the things on there but many of them made me go "Whaaat?" :P

  17. #1237
    *points to the screenshot of a gnome*

    "You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine."

    Oh hey, didn't know this was Everquest.
    Last edited by Adrex5794; 2010-11-13 at 07:26 PM.

  18. #1238
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You are not quite right.... Arcane Explosion was not a point talent, however you had to pick a talent to remove the cast time, and Lacerate was a talent in the survival hunter tree.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:35 PM ----------



    Necromancer

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:36 PM ----------



    Blood elf priests had a spell that turned debuffs into mana mate.
    Pretty sure you might be thinking of mana tap then arcane torrent combos. I had a belf priest and they shared that hand of weakness? with trolls iirc

  19. #1239
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Talanaer View Post
    Pretty sure you might be thinking of mana tap then arcane torrent combos. I had a belf priest and they shared that hand of weakness? with trolls iirc
    I assure you, they had just such a spell as I mentioned, they might have had a hand of weakness one too, that I do no know... Obviously I can't find the info regarding the mana-snatch spell atm :S

    Found it: Consume Magic - http://www.wowwiki.com/Consume_Magic

    However you were also right, they did have Touch of Weakness, along with Undeads, they one Trolls had was Hex of Weakness.

    Undead/Belf http://www.wowwiki.com/Touch_of_Weakness

    Troll: http://www.wowwiki.com/Hex_of_Weakness
    Last edited by Venziir; 2010-11-13 at 08:04 PM.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  20. #1240
    Field Marshal Setokaiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    69
    really interesting stuff!
    thanks !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •