Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After Feign Death timer ended, Hunters would really die.
    Talk about acting.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCatjuh View Post
    Another thing that I didn't see.. Hellfire damaged yourself as a Warlock, so you could use it to die (in case of a wipe) without durability.
    Unless I'm totally mistaking, you can still commit suicide via Hellfire.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Ohhhhh I love to keep coming back to this thread and read it over and over
    Battletag : Foxhoundn#2793
    Steam : Foxhoundn
    PSN : Foxhoundzor

"Always an Enhancement shaman, now a casual running in circles in any major city."

I like the fact this is the one thread Mod's don't mind us necroing, because it's such a good thread.

-Those torches were used for scouting. Back than, the graphic engine was a bit different. Darker areas, such as Duskwood, were really "dark" and you couldn't see anything past 20-30 yards in front of you. Torches were used to increase visibility in those darker areas. Many NPC's in Duskwood still hold torches in their hands.

A part of me died when I read this one. Why the fuck did they remove it...
    Don't be sad because of people, they will all die.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    A part of me died when I read this one. Why the fuck did they remove it...
    Blizzard has been always known for removing the "fun" part in games and surprising people last second.

Little known fact:

World of Warcraft had a gay experience in college, but quickly repressed it and is now happily married.

-Hunters were using focus as their resource system, but it regenerated while standing still, and was very overpowered so they gave them mana instead.
    was very overpowered
    And still is

To kill lower level players of the opposite faction, you could, as a hunter that is, tame a mob of their level, and walk around the questing area with it so they would attack it and become flagged as hostile....

Successfuly necroed! but for a good purpose, spend a good 3 hours goind through all that again, and I am sure more to come! Wish there was the OP to edit it / could be a nice thread if someone was taking care of it.
    Battletag : Foxhoundn#2793
    Steam : Foxhoundn
    PSN : Foxhoundzor

"Always an Enhancement shaman, now a casual running in circles in any major city."

Quote Originally Posted by Intent View Post
    Here you go.
    That's one tranny ! LoL

holy crap that was long...

and surprisingly interesting

THANKS!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I loved this post! Most of the early Vanilla stuff I remember so it was like a walk down memory lane.

I fucking love this thread.

I feel so... old? Seeing stuff that was normal, when i started the game that now may be shocking to newer players.
    Also, didn't know about ambient sounds in Karazhan crypt, I'd love to visit it some day, so creepy!

Great compilation. As a player from the beginning, there's even some stuff in there I didn't know. (a lot from the beta, which I didn't do)

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    To kill lower level players of the opposite faction, you could, as a hunter that is, tame a mob of their level, and walk around the questing area with it so they would attack it and become flagged as hostile....
    This would NOT work as a tamed mob becomes the same level as the hunter, upon being tamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal View Post
    We see you trollin' , we hatin' ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Fuck off retard, stop posting your useless shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing. Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right. Just sayn'

Some of the stuff isnt true.

The Inner Fire thing of the priests. It wasnt because disc was a "melee tree" it was because they could cast it on other people in the early beta (with armor and attack power increased, like it was in WC 3. It was a short duration buff).

Then they changed it to a self buff but the attack power bonus was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    This would NOT work as a tamed mob becomes the same level as the hunter, upon being tamed.
    back in the day it didn't used to you had to level the pet independently of your character level. you could then cast eyes of the beast and wander the pet around others of it's kind and when someone attacked it they would be flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -If you kill a boss called Stonespine in Stratholme, there is a chance that he will drop a cloak that is white and looks longer than your average cloak or cape.
    I think this requires a bit more explanation for people that were not around at the time: http://web.archive.org/web/200510280...t.com/?i=13816

Memories