Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ...
34
74
82
83
84
85
86
... LastLast
  1. #1661
    After Feign Death timer ended, Hunters would really die.
    Talk about acting.

  2. #1662
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyCatjuh View Post
    Another thing that I didn't see.. Hellfire damaged yourself as a Warlock, so you could use it to die (in case of a wipe) without durability.
    Unless I'm totally mistaking, you can still commit suicide via Hellfire.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

  3. #1663
    Brewmaster Foxhoundn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,397
    Ohhhhh I love to keep coming back to this thread and read it over and over
    Battletag : Foxhoundn#2793
    Steam : Foxhoundn
    PSN : Foxhoundzor

    "Always an Enhancement shaman, now a casual running in circles in any major city."

  4. #1664
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,740
    I like the fact this is the one thread Mod's don't mind us necroing, because it's such a good thread.

  5. #1665
    -Those torches were used for scouting. Back than, the graphic engine was a bit different. Darker areas, such as Duskwood, were really "dark" and you couldn't see anything past 20-30 yards in front of you. Torches were used to increase visibility in those darker areas. Many NPC's in Duskwood still hold torches in their hands.

    A part of me died when I read this one. Why the fuck did they remove it...
    Don't be sad because of people, they will all die.

  6. #1666
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    A part of me died when I read this one. Why the fuck did they remove it...
    Blizzard has been always known for removing the "fun" part in games and surprising people last second.

  7. #1667
    Little known fact:

    World of Warcraft had a gay experience in college, but quickly repressed it and is now happily married.

  8. #1668
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    459
    -Hunters were using focus as their resource system, but it regenerated while standing still, and was very overpowered so they gave them mana instead.
    was very overpowered
    And still is

  9. #1669
    To kill lower level players of the opposite faction, you could, as a hunter that is, tame a mob of their level, and walk around the questing area with it so they would attack it and become flagged as hostile....

  10. #1670
    Brewmaster Foxhoundn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,397
    Successfuly necroed! but for a good purpose, spend a good 3 hours goind through all that again, and I am sure more to come! Wish there was the OP to edit it / could be a nice thread if someone was taking care of it.
    Battletag : Foxhoundn#2793
    Steam : Foxhoundn
    PSN : Foxhoundzor

    "Always an Enhancement shaman, now a casual running in circles in any major city."

  11. #1671
    High Overlord dlhak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Intent View Post
    Here you go.
    That's one tranny ! LoL

  12. #1672
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,129
    holy crap that was long...

    and surprisingly interesting

    THANKS!
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  13. #1673
    I loved this post! Most of the early Vanilla stuff I remember so it was like a walk down memory lane.

  14. #1674
    I fucking love this thread.

  15. #1675
    I feel so... old? Seeing stuff that was normal, when i started the game that now may be shocking to newer players.
    Also, didn't know about ambient sounds in Karazhan crypt, I'd love to visit it some day, so creepy!

  16. #1676
    Great compilation. As a player from the beginning, there's even some stuff in there I didn't know. (a lot from the beta, which I didn't do)

    WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

  17. #1677
    High Overlord Laz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    To kill lower level players of the opposite faction, you could, as a hunter that is, tame a mob of their level, and walk around the questing area with it so they would attack it and become flagged as hostile....
    This would NOT work as a tamed mob becomes the same level as the hunter, upon being tamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal View Post
    We see you trollin' , we hatin' ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Fuck off retard, stop posting your useless shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing. Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right. Just sayn'

  18. #1678
    Some of the stuff isnt true.

    The Inner Fire thing of the priests. It wasnt because disc was a "melee tree" it was because they could cast it on other people in the early beta (with armor and attack power increased, like it was in WC 3. It was a short duration buff).

    Then they changed it to a self buff but the attack power bonus was still there.

  19. #1679
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    This would NOT work as a tamed mob becomes the same level as the hunter, upon being tamed.
    back in the day it didn't used to you had to level the pet independently of your character level. you could then cast eyes of the beast and wander the pet around others of it's kind and when someone attacked it they would be flagged.

  20. #1680
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -If you kill a boss called Stonespine in Stratholme, there is a chance that he will drop a cloak that is white and looks longer than your average cloak or cape.
    I think this requires a bit more explanation for people that were not around at the time: http://web.archive.org/web/200510280...t.com/?i=13816

    Memories

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •