Page 1 of 14
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why don't we have the option to play invisible?

    For me, sometimes I just want to play and quest in peace and not get bothered by anyone on my friends list or in my guild.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Because it's an MMO

  4. #4
    Because Blizzard does not think your privacy is worth diddly squat, as evidenced by the armory web site.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Nyshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    953
    It would be nice but it doesn't seem like Blizzard wants to implement such a thing.

    The Shining One

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    For me, sometimes I just want to play and quest in peace and not get bothered by anyone on my friends list or in my guild.
    theyve been working on this for awhile. its just something on the backburner.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans arel00's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,730
    They could add it Battle.net tho, I have no problems with being visible to my guild or people logged into WoW, it's a bit different to be visible by the whole Battle.net list, which includes people from Diablo, Starcraft, HS and HotS
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Because Blizzard does not think your privacy is worth diddly squat, as evidenced by the armory web site.
    If you want privacy, playing a Massive Multiplayer Online game is probably not the way to go

  9. #9
    I think you can block the port (on your firewall) for bnet - as a workaround for now. maybe blizzard will catch up at some point and give us a better option.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    697
    Remove chat, play without bnet app. Profit??

  11. #11
    If you want to play invisible into an MMO and dont be "bothered" by friends/guild mates you sould reconsider your guild,friend or video game choices.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Because Blizzard does not think your privacy is worth diddly squat, as evidenced by the armory web site.
    Hey, I have this cool aluminum foil hat that keeps you off the armory. You put it on your character in-game. You want it?

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Mush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,273
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    Because it's an MMO
    But not everything in the game is multiplayer so your point doesn't make sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebth View Post
    If you want to play invisible into an MMO and dont be "bothered" by friends/guild mates you sould reconsider your guild,friend or video game choices.
    Its more about not having to tell your friends off.
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Remove the fear of getting punched in the face, and people turn into dicks.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    For me, sometimes I just want to play and quest in peace and not get bothered by anyone on my friends list or in my guild.
    Play rogue! They have invisibility.

  15. #15
    Ayy all these social heroes again saying it's not needed. Sometimes there are days when you just want to have nobody bothering you, without having to fake-AFK and without actually saying you're not in the mood to talk/do anything. Having an "invisible" mode would solve this (bar some problems like what would "/who [name]" do, and should it show you online in the guild?), but it seems Blizz doesn't deem it too important since it's been on "it'll get implemented maybe, someday"-mode for years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a Syrian refugee leaving a refugee camp in Turkey to seek asylum in Germany. Absolutely nothing.

  16. #16
    I have invisibility. It's called having one battle.net friend, my guild leader, and basically being fairly silent in chat. Amazing how not getting involved with others prevents me from getting involved with others.

    Doctor Sparkledragon, or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Prune.

  17. #17
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    13,379
    I think they must be having technical problems adding it to be honest, back in 2012 they said it was coming soon to all blizzard games http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315...enet-9-20-2012

    I don't recall seeing anything since.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Atelniar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,245
    Just launch the .exe, instead of the app, that way they can only see your activity if they have your character as friends?
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

  19. #19
    You could always just make your bnet message "DND". Works for me.

  20. #20
    Immortal Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kharanos, Dun Morogh
    Posts
    7,744
    Would be nice. I do recall a blue post where they gave some kind of "we'd like to do it, but there are a lot of technical hurdles we have to deal with" line, and nothing else official has been mentioned in a couple of years.

    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    play without bnet app
    Isn't that mandatory now?
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    "there are people with dildo's older than you, your opinions do not matter."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •