Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if i missed it but, Originally the two Burning crusade races were suppose to be Blood elf and pandaren. A few days before the announcement of the expansion at blizzcon, blizzard decided to scrap the idea because they thought it really didnt fit the concept of the burning crusade. Thats why in the announcement trailer, it only mentioned Blood elves and it took 6-7months after the announcement of TBC to announce draeneis. here is a picture of the old pandaren model compared to the one we have today. http://www.xavierleo.co.uk/pandas.jpg

Deleted
    Just because you've mentioned "detect magic" (remembering I've used it in AQ)- not sure I've read about a mage spell called "dampen magic" (http://www.wowwiki.com/Dampen_Magic) - it decreases the amount of damage the target takes from each enemy spell, but also decreases the healing a target group member takes from each healing spell.
    and "amplify Magic" (http://www.wowwiki.com/Amplify_Magic) - it increases the healing a target group member takes from each healing spell, but also increases the amount of damage the target takes from each enemy spell.

-Unfortunately, Moonkins would just go out of mana after 3 spells. They were mostly brought there for the /dance.
    While I can't deny the latter, the part about 3 spells then OOM wasn't true.

Additional fact: Before Moonkin form was added, the Balance Druid 31 point talent was Hurricane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarlet Monastery (up until Cata) still was one instance, it was just that you couldn't get to the other sections from each other.

As some others have said, trawl through Wowpedia for old patch notes (especially undocumented changes) for some tearful nostalgia

Deleted
    - Achievements were implemented in october 2008-
    - There are more mounts that aren't obtainable anymore (since 4.0.3?) such as the the swift zulian tiger (http://www.wowhead.com/item=19902/swift-zulian-tiger). Loot from old Zul Gurub - it's a grey tiger now. The raptor however is-
    Last edited by mmoc101213c0c0; 2014-01-21 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typos

Deleted
    Warrior defensive stance's damage reduction used to apply to fall damage. Since max fall damage was 100% of HP warriors could fall from any distance without dying, provided they jumped with full life. I remember climbing to Hyjal during vanilla (it was empty at the time and was not supposed to be visited by players) and jumping to Felwood from there. The fall lasted like half a minute and I survived thanks to defensive stance.

IIRC You needed Soulshards to summon your pets as well, as a Warlock.

Heroism/Bloodlust used to only be group wide and didn't give exhaustion but had a 15 minute cooldown. This lead guild leaders to shaman stack their groups on easy fights to pad the meters.

Also Draenei's passive used to give a group wide 1% hit (spell or physical depending on what class you were in TBC) which allowed for draenei stacking to relieve the need for hit so you could gem other stats. Later changed to 1% hit when spell hit and hit were merged and then at the end of WotLK was changed to a personal buff.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendia View Post
    - Achievements were implemented in october 2008-
    To be even more precise, 10/15/08 is when the earliest achievements date back to (that I've ever seen), might differ by one day in the Americas, but someone will have to confirm/deny that since I think they get their updates Tuesdays.

The only one I can remember from when I first started playing in TBC was that "class-quests" still existed; totems, pets, animal forms, poisons (I believe, but one quest to just unlock the ability to craft poisons), and I think that's it.
    Last edited by Naft; 2014-02-11 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adysux View Post
    Some of this thinks i knew but most of them i didnt prety intreasting tho thx for this wonderfull read
    That's good information and it is in detail, but there is something interesting that I can't find. Could you give me something about blacksmithing level guide? I want to level up in blacksmithing quickly.

Dives[/URL] from the server Boulderfist EU was the leader of the guild <Wipe Club>. He was the one who delivered the speech in “Onyxia wipe animation” video, of which some parts became instant classics, such as “more dots!”, “many whelps, handle it!”, “minus 50 dkp!” etc. There are also 3 more known recordings of him, of a wipe on MC trash, Ragnaros, and Razorgore.
    This had me lmao.....thanks for this.

For those who are unfamiliar with it, it is NSFW, but I would have loved to raid with this guy.

You used to have to click 3-5 times on a node before mining everything out of it.

Yay...

-Hippogryphs in Azshara used to drop more money than any other mob in the game, so it was usually farmed by bots 24/7.

So that's why that gold farmer was doing it. He was nice enough to trade me the feathers he got while I was farming them for my blue leather shoulders.

-There is no WoW in Japan at all.

There was (is?) a Japanese guild, though. Apparently they had to use a mod to get language support for chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun list, brings back a lot of memories.

Also, Gutrot is back, still naked and on his way to 90!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Heroism/Bloodlust used to only be group wide and didn't give exhaustion but had a 15 minute cooldown. This lead guild leaders to shaman stack their groups on easy fights to pad the meters.

Also Draenei's passive used to give a group wide 1% hit (spell or physical depending on what class you were in TBC) which allowed for draenei stacking to relieve the need for hit so you could gem other stats. Later changed to 1% hit when spell hit and hit were merged and then at the end of WotLK was changed to a personal buff.
    I definitely don't remember the Draenei hit racial stacking. You could only benefit from one.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The runes that you had to extinguish in Molten Core to summon Ragnaros, were unique to each boss and denoted the first letter of the bosses name. Upon extinguishing them they would light up inside the roof of the cavern Ragnaros is summoned into.

The guild STARS used a tactic in ToC where they would fill the rest of the 25 man raid with 15 warlocks, and apply soulstones to the raid before each encounter. (they would run outside and back in)
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2014-05-09 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    On the WoW CE DVD (extra features -> design) Rob Pardo talks about how some of the creatures in the game will not even be available from the start and that players will have to find out a way to open the dark portal, (also emphasizing the community aspect here) and only when they've done that will they be able to step through and find all the "ubercreatures" beyond that.

It sounds like they planned some kind of AQ event with Outland, possible that the old Vanilla Hellfire was meant for that, and that they planned to turn that into some kind of elite area with quests or world bosses.
    Apparently there was going to be a long quest for warlocks, similar to the Scepter of the Shifting Sands line, and it would lead to you opening the Dark Portal and access to the original "Outland" zone (you can still see it on youtube). The Dark Portal opens event and the Highlord Kruul invasions from the TBC intro were supposed to be the event for the questline.

I believe the same was planned for those 4 Emerald Dream portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    The runes that you had to extinguish in Molten Core to summon Ragnaros, were unique to each boss and denoted the first letter of the bosses name. Upon extinguishing them they would light up inside the roof of the cavern Ragnaros is summoned into.

The guild STARS used a tactic in ToC where they would fill the rest of the 25 man raid with 15 warlocks, and apply soulstones to the raid before each encounter. (they would run outside and back in)
    Paragon did it first, for the world first kill.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Yeah, my raid leader in BC used to actually rotate shamans between groups so the same group could get Heroism multiple times (we had one melee group that was typically the highest on damage output). We also used to have a dude with a Paladin alt log to his alt, give everyone in the raid a buff, then switch back to his main (the buff would stay on as long as his paladin was offline but still in the group). Then we'd just stick his offline paladin in group 8 or something.

You might still be able to do that offline buffer thing, but I haven't played, much less raided seriously in a long time, so I dunno.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-05-10 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas Sunstrider is a prepubescent little girl with breasts still in development.

I am honored to have this comment be my 1000th one.