Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Heroism was originally going to be a Paladin spell, to give Alliance players access to 'Bloodlust'. But instead they just gave Shaman to the Alliance, and let them have it.

Look closely next time you use it and you can still see the Paladin-esque visuals.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-05-10 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    I know a lot of those things as i played in classic / tbc.

Here are some bugs that entertained me for a while before they got 'fixed'.

Around Wrath(?), you were able to dance while mounted. It would not show any of the lower-body animations, only the top-half. Meaning that your male blood elf would turn to look at you while mounted, yet the legs are still 'forward'. Perhaps it did the lower body animations but didn't show them, yet keeping you 'standing in place', so as to not move. Some creepy animations from this, yet some being funny, like male orc.

Around Wrath(?), you were able to unsheath your weapons while dancing. Meaning that you could dance with your weapons out, sheathing and unsheathing at will. Makes a male undead look like he's skinning himself (like with daggers). Some funny weapon dances.

Sometime in Cata, you were able to spam your mount's animation, sound and all. I annoyed my raid leader by picking the most annoying of mount sounds, a hawkstrider and the sea turtle (it was during the wait-before-pull period though). So spamming the SCREEEEE sounds, as well as the BOINGI sound from the turtle.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu125 View Post
    Sometime in Cata, you were able to spam your mount's animation, sound and all. I annoyed my raid leader by picking the most annoying of mount sounds, a hawkstrider and the sea turtle (it was during the wait-before-pull period though). So spamming the SCREEEEE sounds, as well as the BOINGI sound from the turtle.
    You still can I believe? I remember even back in WOTLK we would get on our turtles or mammoths were the main ones due to the noise, tap space and then an arrow key and repeat, could do it pretty fast. And in a large raid with everyone on mammoths doing that... oh god. Not forgetting the mammoth trains in Dalaran.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why there is no wow in japan. I though asians are very into every kind of mmo/game ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Why there is no wow in japan. I though asians are very into every kind of mmo/game ?
    That's Koreans. Japan is so heavily dominated in the console market that mmos don't hold much power. China was into Warcraft 3 and then Korea been into Starcraft since release, and now MOBA's such as League and DOTA. The differences between Japan and Korea are vast.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I think the Japanese are too proud to play a 'western' game instead of a japanese game, especially since it now features chinese culture hahaha

Great post, one thing I didn't see was the great blood plague of zulgurub. I remember people setting up quarantine zones in wailing caverns and criers telling people to avoid major cities

wow, that was a huge list!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Japan isn't very PC-centric. The console market is more dominant there, while PC gaming is more attributed to Korea, Taiwan and mainland China.

This isn't beta, but when the game first went live you used to be able to put capital letters and numbers/symbols in your name, like say XBL gtags. The way you did was simply copy-pasting through notepad as it didn't recognize what the symbols were not letters(*yes, you couldn't just type it in, you typed it into notepad, although I imagine a word document would work too). And then of course CTRL+V. So you had a name like L33tPh34r =)

I personally not going to lie, I didn't get the game at the release. BUT. I had a friend who got it and we were taking turns, 1 by 1.Yes, he actually let me borrow the game CD, Cd key and everything and I installed it on my laptop and took turns. I even paid for the subscription later when it expired so we both could enjoy it(1 game). Talk about true friendship, nowdays its just acquaintances who use you. Just like the game evolved into shit so did true friendship went to gutter.
    Yes he even let me get on his account and I wasn't an a-hole and stole everything, we actually worked toward a common goal.

There was a mutual sense of trust

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    I dont know if i missed it but, Originally the two Burning crusade races were suppose to be Blood elf and pandaren. A few days before the announcement of the expansion at blizzcon, blizzard decided to scrap the idea because they thought it really didnt fit the concept of the burning crusade. Thats why in the announcement trailer, it only mentioned Blood elves and it took 6-7months after the announcement of TBC to announce draeneis. here is a picture of the old pandaren model compared to the one we have today. http://www.xavierleo.co.uk/pandas.jpg
    Good god is that real? Thank the lord they didn't release Pandaren back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Serendia View Post
    Just because you've mentioned "detect magic" (remembering I've used it in AQ)- not sure I've read about a mage spell called "dampen magic" (http://www.wowwiki.com/Dampen_Magic) - it decreases the amount of damage the target takes from each enemy spell, but also decreases the healing a target group member takes from each healing spell.
    and "amplify Magic" (http://www.wowwiki.com/Amplify_Magic) - it increases the healing a target group member takes from each healing spell, but also increases the amount of damage the target takes from each enemy spell.
    They were around even in Wrath. I remember telling mages to cast Amp Magic on Dreamwalker :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dator36 View Post
    also, if you look on explorers tabard, if you look on the bottom theres a continent...
    Then again what little of Kalimdor, EK and Northrend is shown on that tabard is pretty inaccurate. It's just brown smears on the borders.

I suspect the tabard skin is forced symmetrical so it was impossible for them to make each side look "right".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I suspect the tabard skin is forced symmetrical so it was impossible for them to make each side look "right".
    I believe this is true for most if not all tabards, which explains why the tabard of the lightbringer doesn't have a thumb.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You still can I believe? I remember even back in WOTLK we would get on our turtles or mammoths were the main ones due to the noise, tap space and then an arrow key and repeat, could do it pretty fast. And in a large raid with everyone on mammoths doing that... oh god. Not forgetting the mammoth trains in Dalaran.
    my favourites are the plainstriders or the most annoying things... Horses!

Lovely, memories comming back

iam not sure if this is still there post-cata but in westfall, theres a graveyard patch that has buzzards in the morning and undead ghouls at night.

lets not forget the town which turns into worgen at night in the nearby zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I believe this is true for most if not all tabards, which explains why the tabard of the lightbringer doesn't have a thumb.
    Wish they'd revisit that code, an asymmetrical tabard could look really cool.

Unless there are some I'm forgetting about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    -Elwynn Forest, Stormwind and Westfall were the first zones that Blizzard made back before 2001. That is why they are crappier than other starting zones.
    Funny, that's my favorite starting zone and city. Even pre-Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wish they'd revisit that code, an asymmetrical tabard could look really cool.

Unless there are some I'm forgetting about.
    Aye, it would be really cool with some asymmetrical tabards. I love that they began making some gear like that.

Even the Competitor's tabard is symmetrical.. You'd think the rings would all be in different colors, but nope!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaz View Post
    Funny, that's my favorite starting zone and city. Even pre-Cataclysm.
    Likewise, I always quested there as alliance even if I made a nelf, although running through Wetlands was a huge pain in the ass..
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this has been posted (Don;t want to go through 88 pages)

Glitching into a Texture area from Deepholm

"The Xbox one sucks and the PS4 isn't as Ready as my Body" - Reggie Fils-Aime

My Friend Code is 1864 - 9258 - 8679 PM me if you add me so I can add you back!

Some nice stuff on here.. Thanks for the share.. Cheers!!